Maldives Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa to launch seaplane transfers from Male Airport
The Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa in the Maldives has announced that it will be launching direct luxury seaplane transfers from Male International Airport to the resort. There will be three daily flights operated by Trans Maldivian Airways and guests will be greeted at the airport and taken through to a private lounge for the one-hour seaplane journey.
Travellers staying at the Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa will soon be able to enjoy private seaplane transfers to the luxury island resort.
The resort has announced that it will launch direct flights between Male International Airport (MLE) and the Dhonakulhi Island in the north of the Maldives.
The flights will be operated by Trans Maldivian Airways, the provider of the world's largest seaplane fleet, and there will be three daily services with a journey time of one hour.
Holidaymakers will be greeted at Male International Airport and taken through to a private lounge before transferring to board the seaplane. During the flight passengers can enjoy on-board luxuries such as iPads, mobile devices, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones, plus a selection of soft drinks while they enjoy the stunning aerial views of the Maldives below.
Carsten Schieck, the General Manager of Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa, explained:
"With the launch of daily seaplane transfers to the resort, we're putting the glamour back into travel, ensuring that our guests can begin their luxury holiday from the moment they touch down in the Maldives.
"At Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa we are dedicated to providing a premium service and I am confident that the seaplane transfer will meet and exceed our guests' expectations by making their journey to the resort an enjoyable and seamless experience."
Seaplane return transfers start from $650 per adult and $325 per child and the service enables guests to receive premium service from the moment they arrive in the Maldives.
Located in the Haa Alif Atoll, the northernmost atoll in the Maldives, on 297,000 square metres of tropical land, the Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa is the perfect getaway for tourists seeking privacy and luxury.
Guests staying at the five-star resort can relax in Beach Villas and Suites, Family Villas with pools, or Water Villas with pools.
The resort has the Hideaway Spa with 12 private treatment rooms, a steam room, manicure and pedicure stations, waiting lounges and a retail area within tranquil surroundings.
Guests can savour gourmet international cuisine at four restaurants, relax in the poolside cafe while younger guests take part in fun activities in the Tender Hearts Kids Club.
The Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to absorb breathtaking landscapes and a tropical climate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Let everything go as you observe breath-taking landscapes during a relaxing stay at the amazing Velassaru Maldives...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...