Virgin Limited Edition partners with Litmus Wines to launch wine brand across South Africa hotels
Richard Branson's Virgin Limited Edition (VLE) hotel brand has partnered with UK-based company Litmus Wines to create its own winery, the Mont Rochelle Winery Ltd. The new winery, which will operate from the 12.5 hectare vineyard of VLE's recently acquired Mont Rochelle in South Africa, will produce VLE's first wine brand including a premium blend exclusive to Mont Rochelle guests to enjoy while on their wine-tasting holidays in South Africa.
Virgin Limited Edition (VLE), the luxury hotel chain owned by Richard Branson, has embarked on a wine making joint venture with Litmus Wines. The newly formed partnership now known as Mont Rochelle Winery Ltd comes on the heels of VLE’s 2014 acquisition of one of the top luxury South Africa hotels- the Mont Rochelle Hotel and wine estate. The Mont Rochelle Winery Ltd will produce VLE’s first wine brand which will be made available in its hotels and restaurants and will also be sold via independent merchants internationally.
Mont Rochelle Winery Ltd will product three tiers of wines including an accessible entry level blend that will replace the Artemis range currently produced at Mont Rochelle. Wine connoisseurs will be interested to learn that the winery will also produce a premium range of parcel wines that will be exclusive to the two restaurants at the Mont Rochelle Hotel and wine estate making this the ideal hotel to book for wine-tasting holidays in South Africa.
The UK based Litmus Wines brings its experience in the wine making industry to the partnership and has been tasked with overseeing improvements to the wine cellars, managing the winemaking and driving international sales while VLE will retain full ownership of the 12.5 hectares of vineyard and the Mon Rochelle hotel.
VLE managing director John Brown explained.
"When we purchased the estate, we knew we needed to find a solution to ensure that the quality improvements we planned for the hotel would be mirrored in the winery. The decision to work with Litmus Wines was easy, given their unrivalled expertise in winemaking, wine business and international sales"
Litmus Wines founder and director John Worontschak had the following to say of the JV, “It is a thrill and a privilege to work with a group of people dedicated to the highest quality in all they do. We are looking forward to playing our part in the rejuvenation of this great mountain vineyard”.
Virgin Limited Edition operates two luxury hotels in South Africa including Mont Rochelle, which was acquired in 2014 for an undisclosed sum of money. The second VLE hotel, Ulusaba, is located near to the Kruger National Park and offers an unparalleled luxury safari holidays experience in South Africa. Other popular VLE properties around the world include Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands and Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Soak up the natural splendour of the South African Bushveld on an exhilarating adventure, you’ll remember for a lifetime.
Experience the Bushveld in affordable, laidback comfort at the Hannah Game Lodge.
- The Comfortable thatched roof chalet accommodation oozing with South African charm.
- Enjoy activities galore including mountain trails, waterfalls, high ropes and low ropes, sable spotting, bush walks, game drives, archery
- The private nature reserve location
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relax under the tropical sunshine in Mauritius before a spectacular look at South Africa
- Trip Advisor has awarded Lux* Grand Gaube the title of "Best Hotel in the World for Romance".
- Go search of Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino and Leopard, and all manner of wondrous wildlife, birds and plant species
- Indulge in a rejuvenating treatment at The Source Thalassotherapy and Spa. Lux*
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...