Nha Trang reinvents its tourism offering with scuba diving adventures in an effort to meet 2015 targets
Tourism officials in Nha Trang, Vietnam are thinking of ways to refresh and diversify the region's tourism offering as the south central coastal city grapples with a sharp decline in arrivals from Russia on the back of a weaker ruble. Dive tour operator Holiday Diving Co Ltd has been given the go-ahead to offer holidaymakers the unique opportunity to walk on the seabed of the renowned dive spot in Nha Trang Bay adding a new scuba diving experience to the Nha Trang area.
In recent months there have been concerns raised about a predicted decrease in the number of holidaymakers visiting Vietnam’s Nha Trang in 2015 and the coming years. In order to lure more visitors to Nha Trang, the capital city of the Khanh Hoa Province, key stakeholders in the city’s tourism sector are now thinking of creative ways to reinvent its tourism offering and ultimately boost the number of travellers booking holidays in Nha Trang.
Located on Vietnam’s south central coast, Nha Trang is best known as the beach capital of Vietnam and with its beautiful crystal clear waters it is the destination of choice for international travellers booking scuba diving holidays in Vietnam. Dive operator Holiday Diving Co. Ltd has begun to offer the opportunity to walk on Nha Trang’s seabed making this one of the most unique experiences for holidaymakers interested in scuba diving in Vietnam.
The firm has received permission from the People’s Committee of Khanh Hoa Province to operate the tours on a 90 day trial basis. Divers will be able to walk in an area that is approximately 50 square meters in size for approximately 20 minutes and will be provided with a weighted helmet that supplies oxygen.
Other measures, officials in the Kanh Hoa Province are looking to implement in order to boost arrivals include discounts and promotional offers across restaurants, shops, hotels and tour operators. It was recently reported that restaurants and shops in Nha Trang have been asked to lower their prices by at least 10 per cent. Tour operators have also been asked to offer holidaymakers deals such as one night’s stay for free for every several nights stay booked in participating Nha Trang hotels. Another suggestion has been to waive the entry fee for children to key tourist attractions.
International arrivals from Russia, a key source market for Vietnam, have plummeted at the beginning of the year on the back of the ruble’s fall sparking concern in Nha Trang’s tourism sector. The Khanh Hoa Province has set itself an ambitious target of attracting four million holidaymakers in 2015 with a revenue of 301 million USD representing a year-on-year increase of 21 and 15 per cent respectively. The proposed measures may well be the key to achieving these goals even in the face of falling arrivals from Russia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Experience Vietnam’s unique heritage in Hanoi followed by beachfront bliss on Phu Quoc Island
- Private cooking classes at the Le Veranda Resort Phu Quoc
- Intimate beachfront dining on Phu Quoc Island
- Ideal central location in Hanoi
Join an adventure through Vietnam’s most memorable sights culminating in a tropical island stay
- Time to relax on the stunning beaches and turquoise waters of Phu Quoc tropical island
- Overnight cruise on a traditionally-designed junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Entrance fees for all included sightseeing, meals as per itinerary and local guides included
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches on a tour through the most remarkable...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...