Nha Trang reinvents its tourism offering with scuba diving adventures in an effort to meet 2015 targets
Tourism officials in Nha Trang, Vietnam are thinking of ways to refresh and diversify the region's tourism offering as the south central coastal city grapples with a sharp decline in arrivals from Russia on the back of a weaker ruble. Dive tour operator Holiday Diving Co Ltd has been given the go-ahead to offer holidaymakers the unique opportunity to walk on the seabed of the renowned dive spot in Nha Trang Bay adding a new scuba diving experience to the Nha Trang area.
In recent months there have been concerns raised about a predicted decrease in the number of holidaymakers visiting Vietnam’s Nha Trang in 2015 and the coming years. In order to lure more visitors to Nha Trang, the capital city of the Khanh Hoa Province, key stakeholders in the city’s tourism sector are now thinking of creative ways to reinvent its tourism offering and ultimately boost the number of travellers booking holidays in Nha Trang.
Located on Vietnam’s south central coast, Nha Trang is best known as the beach capital of Vietnam and with its beautiful crystal clear waters it is the destination of choice for international travellers booking scuba diving holidays in Vietnam. Dive operator Holiday Diving Co. Ltd has begun to offer the opportunity to walk on Nha Trang’s seabed making this one of the most unique experiences for holidaymakers interested in scuba diving in Vietnam.
The firm has received permission from the People’s Committee of Khanh Hoa Province to operate the tours on a 90 day trial basis. Divers will be able to walk in an area that is approximately 50 square meters in size for approximately 20 minutes and will be provided with a weighted helmet that supplies oxygen.
Other measures, officials in the Kanh Hoa Province are looking to implement in order to boost arrivals include discounts and promotional offers across restaurants, shops, hotels and tour operators. It was recently reported that restaurants and shops in Nha Trang have been asked to lower their prices by at least 10 per cent. Tour operators have also been asked to offer holidaymakers deals such as one night’s stay for free for every several nights stay booked in participating Nha Trang hotels. Another suggestion has been to waive the entry fee for children to key tourist attractions.
International arrivals from Russia, a key source market for Vietnam, have plummeted at the beginning of the year on the back of the ruble’s fall sparking concern in Nha Trang’s tourism sector. The Khanh Hoa Province has set itself an ambitious target of attracting four million holidaymakers in 2015 with a revenue of 301 million USD representing a year-on-year increase of 21 and 15 per cent respectively. The proposed measures may well be the key to achieving these goals even in the face of falling arrivals from Russia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
Treat you and your family to stay in vibrant city of Nha Trang where you will find that there is something for everyone
- You will find something to everyone's tastes at the hotel restaurant 'The Square', with its extensive global buffet
- The hotel includes both an outdoor pool bar and beach bar so you never have to go far to find that tropical cocktail
- All the rooms at the Novotel Nha trang have their own private balconies and idyllic sea views
Wander through the hectic streets of Ho Chi Minh City before basking in the sunshine on the beachfront in Danang
- Stylish and modern accommodation in both destinations
- Dine on dishes from across Vietnam in Saigon
- Complimentary shuttle to Danang and Hoi An from Non Nuoc Beach
Witness the beauty of Vietnam for yourself with its awe-inspiring landscapes and fascinating history before rejuvenating on the beachfront on the idyllic island of Phu Quoc
- Try your hand at haggling in the vibrant Ben Thanh Market
- Watch the world go by as you cruise through the Mekong Delta
- Ideal beachfront break on the tropical island of Phu Quoc to finish
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. The Essential Vietnam...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
Discover some of the most amazing and iconic sights in the world on this simply stunning trip through Vietnam, Cambodia...