Sunwing to launch new flights between Canada and Cuba
Sunwing Vacations has announced that it is planning to launch new flights linking Cuba and Canada this summer. The company will commence the weekly service on 11th May, 2015 and will operate between Ottawa and the popular coastal region of Varadero with its pristine white sand beaches and crystalline aquamarine waters.
A new summer flight will be launched by Sunwing Vacations between Canada and Cuba from May, 2015, according to a statement released by the company.
The weekly flights will commence on 11th May, 2015 and will operate between Ottawa in Canada and the coastal resort of Varadero in Cuba.
Andrew Dawson, the President of Tour Operations for Sunwing Vacations said in a statement;
"Ottawa is an important gateway for us. Over the past winter season, we have successfully operated a programme to 12 varied sunshine destinations including Grand Bahama, Fort Lauderdale in Florida and Cancun, Mexico,”
“We are pleased to be able maintain our operations all year round with the introduction of this new direct flight to one of our most popular vacation destinations, Varadero, Cuba."
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula which sits on Cuba's northern coast and is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
Many holidaymakers choose the resort for its numerous all-inclusive hotels with local and international hotel chains including Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area’s stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and tourists can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities, sailing, deep sea fishing, golf, or and excursions to Cárdenas City.
The town is a great place to wander around, browse open air markets, or dine at gourmet restaurants. Varadero beach, also known as the “Blue Beach” because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Cuba is an island country in the Caribbean Sea which has become the third major tourist destination in the Caribbean over the past decade despite having no tourists from the United States due to the travel embargo since 1962.
President Obama has recently relaxed travel restrictions on travel to Cuba for American residents, and though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...