Sunwing to launch new flights between Canada and Cuba
Sunwing Vacations has announced that it is planning to launch new flights linking Cuba and Canada this summer. The company will commence the weekly service on 11th May, 2015 and will operate between Ottawa and the popular coastal region of Varadero with its pristine white sand beaches and crystalline aquamarine waters.
A new summer flight will be launched by Sunwing Vacations between Canada and Cuba from May, 2015, according to a statement released by the company.
The weekly flights will commence on 11th May, 2015 and will operate between Ottawa in Canada and the coastal resort of Varadero in Cuba.
Andrew Dawson, the President of Tour Operations for Sunwing Vacations said in a statement;
"Ottawa is an important gateway for us. Over the past winter season, we have successfully operated a programme to 12 varied sunshine destinations including Grand Bahama, Fort Lauderdale in Florida and Cancun, Mexico,”
“We are pleased to be able maintain our operations all year round with the introduction of this new direct flight to one of our most popular vacation destinations, Varadero, Cuba."
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula which sits on Cuba's northern coast and is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
Many holidaymakers choose the resort for its numerous all-inclusive hotels with local and international hotel chains including Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area’s stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and tourists can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities, sailing, deep sea fishing, golf, or and excursions to Cárdenas City.
The town is a great place to wander around, browse open air markets, or dine at gourmet restaurants. Varadero beach, also known as the “Blue Beach” because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Cuba is an island country in the Caribbean Sea which has become the third major tourist destination in the Caribbean over the past decade despite having no tourists from the United States due to the travel embargo since 1962.
President Obama has recently relaxed travel restrictions on travel to Cuba for American residents, and though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...