Sunwing to launch new flights between Canada and Cuba
Sunwing Vacations has announced that it is planning to launch new flights linking Cuba and Canada this summer. The company will commence the weekly service on 11th May, 2015 and will operate between Ottawa and the popular coastal region of Varadero with its pristine white sand beaches and crystalline aquamarine waters.
A new summer flight will be launched by Sunwing Vacations between Canada and Cuba from May, 2015, according to a statement released by the company.
The weekly flights will commence on 11th May, 2015 and will operate between Ottawa in Canada and the coastal resort of Varadero in Cuba.
Andrew Dawson, the President of Tour Operations for Sunwing Vacations said in a statement;
"Ottawa is an important gateway for us. Over the past winter season, we have successfully operated a programme to 12 varied sunshine destinations including Grand Bahama, Fort Lauderdale in Florida and Cancun, Mexico,”
“We are pleased to be able maintain our operations all year round with the introduction of this new direct flight to one of our most popular vacation destinations, Varadero, Cuba."
Varadero is situated in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula which sits on Cuba's northern coast and is home to more than 20km of pristine white sand beaches and several luxury beachfront hotels.
Many holidaymakers choose the resort for its numerous all-inclusive hotels with local and international hotel chains including Melia, Sandals, Iberostar and Cubanacan.
The area’s stunning natural landscapes include the Bellamar Caves and idyllic virgin cays and tourists can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities, sailing, deep sea fishing, golf, or and excursions to Cárdenas City.
The town is a great place to wander around, browse open air markets, or dine at gourmet restaurants. Varadero beach, also known as the “Blue Beach” because of its warm calm azure waters, is a great place to pick up some authentic handicrafts from beach vendors.
Cuba is an island country in the Caribbean Sea which has become the third major tourist destination in the Caribbean over the past decade despite having no tourists from the United States due to the travel embargo since 1962.
President Obama has recently relaxed travel restrictions on travel to Cuba for American residents, and though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit the country, Americans can visit for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, without having to obtain a licence.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...