David Morris International and Cuba Explorations launch high-end Cuba tours
David Morris International has announced that it will be teaming up with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tour programmes to Cuba. The tours will allow American residents to visit the Caribbean island, staying at only the finest and most luxurious hotels in Cuba while taking guided tours to places including the Partagas Cigar Factory or Ernest Hemingway's Cuban home.
The Californian-based luxury travel specialist, David Morris International, has announced that it has formed a partnership with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tours to Cuba for Americans.
The tours to Cuba will operate in partnership with Havana Air, an airline that was founded last year and offers non-stop flights between Miami and Cuba.
David Morris International and Cuba Explorations had been working together previously and the head of Cuba Exploration approached David Morris to handle the upscale, all-inclusive programmes.
Speaking of how these tour packages only included stays at the finest Cuba hotels, like the award-winning Saratoga in Havana, or at the very least on the best hotels' superior room categories, Morris explained;
"Our programmes 90 percent of the time use the only real five-star hotel in Cuba, the Saratoga.
It’s an Art Deco masterpiece. It was a leading hotel back in the heyday. It’s been closed for many years, but is now renovated and reopened. It’s far and away the best hotel in Cuba today. Where we don’t use that hotel, we use only the executive floors of other hotels, such as the Melia Cohiba. We don’t use the regular floors of other hotels."
The programmes are fully inclusive of all meals, accommodation and excursions. They also include alcoholic beverages to accompany meals at new paladars (or paladares) that have been opening up since the Cuban government relaxed its rules on allowing individuals to run their own private restaurants.
"On the six-night programme we are offering a great experience where we go out in the country where there are a lot of new paladars coming up,”
“We use different paladars out there as well as a new organic farm that’s doing some amazing things in Cuba. We’re dining in their restaurant as well."
The luxury Cuba package includes VIP check-in at both Miami and Havana airports, and tours with both an American and a Cuban guide.
Those taking luxury Cuba holidays as part of these tours get to enjoy an array of activities during the programme, such as a tour of the Partagas Cigar Factory, a visit to Ernest Hemingway’s Cuban home, city tours of Havana in antique cars, dining at privately and governmentally-owned restaurants, walking tours through historic Havana, “Farm to Table” gastronomic experiences, and a visit to the Holocaust museum.
Following President Obama’s announcement late last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after the island had remained strictly off limits for over 50 years; the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly. And it’s already happening.
Though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the Caribbean island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...