David Morris International and Cuba Explorations launch high-end Cuba tours
David Morris International has announced that it will be teaming up with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tour programmes to Cuba. The tours will allow American residents to visit the Caribbean island, staying at only the finest and most luxurious hotels in Cuba while taking guided tours to places including the Partagas Cigar Factory or Ernest Hemingway's Cuban home.
The Californian-based luxury travel specialist, David Morris International, has announced that it has formed a partnership with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tours to Cuba for Americans.
The tours to Cuba will operate in partnership with Havana Air, an airline that was founded last year and offers non-stop flights between Miami and Cuba.
David Morris International and Cuba Explorations had been working together previously and the head of Cuba Exploration approached David Morris to handle the upscale, all-inclusive programmes.
Speaking of how these tour packages only included stays at the finest Cuba hotels, like the award-winning Saratoga in Havana, or at the very least on the best hotels' superior room categories, Morris explained;
"Our programmes 90 percent of the time use the only real five-star hotel in Cuba, the Saratoga.
It’s an Art Deco masterpiece. It was a leading hotel back in the heyday. It’s been closed for many years, but is now renovated and reopened. It’s far and away the best hotel in Cuba today. Where we don’t use that hotel, we use only the executive floors of other hotels, such as the Melia Cohiba. We don’t use the regular floors of other hotels."
The programmes are fully inclusive of all meals, accommodation and excursions. They also include alcoholic beverages to accompany meals at new paladars (or paladares) that have been opening up since the Cuban government relaxed its rules on allowing individuals to run their own private restaurants.
"On the six-night programme we are offering a great experience where we go out in the country where there are a lot of new paladars coming up,”
“We use different paladars out there as well as a new organic farm that’s doing some amazing things in Cuba. We’re dining in their restaurant as well."
The luxury Cuba package includes VIP check-in at both Miami and Havana airports, and tours with both an American and a Cuban guide.
Those taking luxury Cuba holidays as part of these tours get to enjoy an array of activities during the programme, such as a tour of the Partagas Cigar Factory, a visit to Ernest Hemingway’s Cuban home, city tours of Havana in antique cars, dining at privately and governmentally-owned restaurants, walking tours through historic Havana, “Farm to Table” gastronomic experiences, and a visit to the Holocaust museum.
Following President Obama’s announcement late last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after the island had remained strictly off limits for over 50 years; the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly. And it’s already happening.
Though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the Caribbean island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...