David Morris International and Cuba Explorations launch high-end Cuba tours
David Morris International has announced that it will be teaming up with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tour programmes to Cuba. The tours will allow American residents to visit the Caribbean island, staying at only the finest and most luxurious hotels in Cuba while taking guided tours to places including the Partagas Cigar Factory or Ernest Hemingway's Cuban home.
The Californian-based luxury travel specialist, David Morris International, has announced that it has formed a partnership with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tours to Cuba for Americans.
The tours to Cuba will operate in partnership with Havana Air, an airline that was founded last year and offers non-stop flights between Miami and Cuba.
David Morris International and Cuba Explorations had been working together previously and the head of Cuba Exploration approached David Morris to handle the upscale, all-inclusive programmes.
Speaking of how these tour packages only included stays at the finest Cuba hotels, like the award-winning Saratoga in Havana, or at the very least on the best hotels' superior room categories, Morris explained;
"Our programmes 90 percent of the time use the only real five-star hotel in Cuba, the Saratoga.
It’s an Art Deco masterpiece. It was a leading hotel back in the heyday. It’s been closed for many years, but is now renovated and reopened. It’s far and away the best hotel in Cuba today. Where we don’t use that hotel, we use only the executive floors of other hotels, such as the Melia Cohiba. We don’t use the regular floors of other hotels."
The programmes are fully inclusive of all meals, accommodation and excursions. They also include alcoholic beverages to accompany meals at new paladars (or paladares) that have been opening up since the Cuban government relaxed its rules on allowing individuals to run their own private restaurants.
"On the six-night programme we are offering a great experience where we go out in the country where there are a lot of new paladars coming up,”
“We use different paladars out there as well as a new organic farm that’s doing some amazing things in Cuba. We’re dining in their restaurant as well."
The luxury Cuba package includes VIP check-in at both Miami and Havana airports, and tours with both an American and a Cuban guide.
Those taking luxury Cuba holidays as part of these tours get to enjoy an array of activities during the programme, such as a tour of the Partagas Cigar Factory, a visit to Ernest Hemingway’s Cuban home, city tours of Havana in antique cars, dining at privately and governmentally-owned restaurants, walking tours through historic Havana, “Farm to Table” gastronomic experiences, and a visit to the Holocaust museum.
Following President Obama’s announcement late last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after the island had remained strictly off limits for over 50 years; the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly. And it’s already happening.
Though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the Caribbean island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...