David Morris International and Cuba Explorations launch high-end Cuba tours
David Morris International has announced that it will be teaming up with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tour programmes to Cuba. The tours will allow American residents to visit the Caribbean island, staying at only the finest and most luxurious hotels in Cuba while taking guided tours to places including the Partagas Cigar Factory or Ernest Hemingway's Cuban home.
The Californian-based luxury travel specialist, David Morris International, has announced that it has formed a partnership with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tours to Cuba for Americans.
The tours to Cuba will operate in partnership with Havana Air, an airline that was founded last year and offers non-stop flights between Miami and Cuba.
David Morris International and Cuba Explorations had been working together previously and the head of Cuba Exploration approached David Morris to handle the upscale, all-inclusive programmes.
Speaking of how these tour packages only included stays at the finest Cuba hotels, like the award-winning Saratoga in Havana, or at the very least on the best hotels' superior room categories, Morris explained;
"Our programmes 90 percent of the time use the only real five-star hotel in Cuba, the Saratoga.
It’s an Art Deco masterpiece. It was a leading hotel back in the heyday. It’s been closed for many years, but is now renovated and reopened. It’s far and away the best hotel in Cuba today. Where we don’t use that hotel, we use only the executive floors of other hotels, such as the Melia Cohiba. We don’t use the regular floors of other hotels."
The programmes are fully inclusive of all meals, accommodation and excursions. They also include alcoholic beverages to accompany meals at new paladars (or paladares) that have been opening up since the Cuban government relaxed its rules on allowing individuals to run their own private restaurants.
"On the six-night programme we are offering a great experience where we go out in the country where there are a lot of new paladars coming up,”
“We use different paladars out there as well as a new organic farm that’s doing some amazing things in Cuba. We’re dining in their restaurant as well."
The luxury Cuba package includes VIP check-in at both Miami and Havana airports, and tours with both an American and a Cuban guide.
Those taking luxury Cuba holidays as part of these tours get to enjoy an array of activities during the programme, such as a tour of the Partagas Cigar Factory, a visit to Ernest Hemingway’s Cuban home, city tours of Havana in antique cars, dining at privately and governmentally-owned restaurants, walking tours through historic Havana, “Farm to Table” gastronomic experiences, and a visit to the Holocaust museum.
Following President Obama’s announcement late last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after the island had remained strictly off limits for over 50 years; the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly. And it’s already happening.
Though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the Caribbean island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...