David Morris International and Cuba Explorations launch high-end Cuba tours
David Morris International has announced that it will be teaming up with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tour programmes to Cuba. The tours will allow American residents to visit the Caribbean island, staying at only the finest and most luxurious hotels in Cuba while taking guided tours to places including the Partagas Cigar Factory or Ernest Hemingway's Cuban home.
The Californian-based luxury travel specialist, David Morris International, has announced that it has formed a partnership with Cuba Explorations to provide high-end tours to Cuba for Americans.
The tours to Cuba will operate in partnership with Havana Air, an airline that was founded last year and offers non-stop flights between Miami and Cuba.
David Morris International and Cuba Explorations had been working together previously and the head of Cuba Exploration approached David Morris to handle the upscale, all-inclusive programmes.
Speaking of how these tour packages only included stays at the finest Cuba hotels, like the award-winning Saratoga in Havana, or at the very least on the best hotels' superior room categories, Morris explained;
"Our programmes 90 percent of the time use the only real five-star hotel in Cuba, the Saratoga.
It’s an Art Deco masterpiece. It was a leading hotel back in the heyday. It’s been closed for many years, but is now renovated and reopened. It’s far and away the best hotel in Cuba today. Where we don’t use that hotel, we use only the executive floors of other hotels, such as the Melia Cohiba. We don’t use the regular floors of other hotels."
The programmes are fully inclusive of all meals, accommodation and excursions. They also include alcoholic beverages to accompany meals at new paladars (or paladares) that have been opening up since the Cuban government relaxed its rules on allowing individuals to run their own private restaurants.
"On the six-night programme we are offering a great experience where we go out in the country where there are a lot of new paladars coming up,”
“We use different paladars out there as well as a new organic farm that’s doing some amazing things in Cuba. We’re dining in their restaurant as well."
The luxury Cuba package includes VIP check-in at both Miami and Havana airports, and tours with both an American and a Cuban guide.
Those taking luxury Cuba holidays as part of these tours get to enjoy an array of activities during the programme, such as a tour of the Partagas Cigar Factory, a visit to Ernest Hemingway’s Cuban home, city tours of Havana in antique cars, dining at privately and governmentally-owned restaurants, walking tours through historic Havana, “Farm to Table” gastronomic experiences, and a visit to the Holocaust museum.
Following President Obama’s announcement late last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after the island had remained strictly off limits for over 50 years; the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly. And it’s already happening.
Though tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the Caribbean island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...