Sun Aqua Pasikudah officially opens in Sri Lanka
The Sun Aqua Pasikudah officially opened to guests earlier this month on the east coast of Sri Lanka. The five-star boutique hotel sits in Pasikudah Bay and has 34 guest suites and two grand pavilions that overlook the sparkling Indian Ocean, plus an array of facilities such as two restaurants, an infinity pool, and a spa and beauty salon.
The brand new Sun Aqua Pasikduah resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers after its official opening on 5th March, 2015.
The five star boutique hotel is located in Pasikudah Bay on the east coast of Sri Lanka and has 34 guest suites and two Grand Pavilions that all offer spectacular views of the sparkling azure sea.
Some of the suites boast private plunge pools and the Grand Pavilions have infinity pools and are perfect for groups of friends or families.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include two gourmet restaurants where guests can dine al fresco under the stars and savour delicious local and international cuisine; the Saltwater Pub with an extensive list of beers; a spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and a hydrotherapy zone with steam room, Jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness centre; an infinity swimming pool with fibre light installations; a kids club; tennis and badminton courts; and a five-star PADI dive centre where guests can dive to the HMS Hermes, a sunken aircraft carrier from WWII.
Sun Aqua Pasikduah is the first member of the new Sun Aqua brand, and two more properties will be added to the collection in 2015 and 2016, both of which will be located in the Maldives.
Sun operates the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi in the Maldives, and the hotel group is planning to open a second Sun Siyam hotel in Sri Lanka in the future.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean renowned for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island boasts eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC and lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display since the end of the civil war in 2009 and they provide a fascinating insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Escape into the arms of one of Sri Lanka's most picturesque towns and live the sun-drenched holiday of your dreams....