Sun Aqua Pasikudah officially opens in Sri Lanka
The Sun Aqua Pasikudah officially opened to guests earlier this month on the east coast of Sri Lanka. The five-star boutique hotel sits in Pasikudah Bay and has 34 guest suites and two grand pavilions that overlook the sparkling Indian Ocean, plus an array of facilities such as two restaurants, an infinity pool, and a spa and beauty salon.
The brand new Sun Aqua Pasikduah resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers after its official opening on 5th March, 2015.
The five star boutique hotel is located in Pasikudah Bay on the east coast of Sri Lanka and has 34 guest suites and two Grand Pavilions that all offer spectacular views of the sparkling azure sea.
Some of the suites boast private plunge pools and the Grand Pavilions have infinity pools and are perfect for groups of friends or families.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include two gourmet restaurants where guests can dine al fresco under the stars and savour delicious local and international cuisine; the Saltwater Pub with an extensive list of beers; a spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and a hydrotherapy zone with steam room, Jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness centre; an infinity swimming pool with fibre light installations; a kids club; tennis and badminton courts; and a five-star PADI dive centre where guests can dive to the HMS Hermes, a sunken aircraft carrier from WWII.
Sun Aqua Pasikduah is the first member of the new Sun Aqua brand, and two more properties will be added to the collection in 2015 and 2016, both of which will be located in the Maldives.
Sun operates the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi in the Maldives, and the hotel group is planning to open a second Sun Siyam hotel in Sri Lanka in the future.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean renowned for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island boasts eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC and lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display since the end of the civil war in 2009 and they provide a fascinating insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...