Sun Aqua Pasikudah officially opens in Sri Lanka
The Sun Aqua Pasikudah officially opened to guests earlier this month on the east coast of Sri Lanka. The five-star boutique hotel sits in Pasikudah Bay and has 34 guest suites and two grand pavilions that overlook the sparkling Indian Ocean, plus an array of facilities such as two restaurants, an infinity pool, and a spa and beauty salon.
The brand new Sun Aqua Pasikduah resort has opened its doors to holidaymakers after its official opening on 5th March, 2015.
The five star boutique hotel is located in Pasikudah Bay on the east coast of Sri Lanka and has 34 guest suites and two Grand Pavilions that all offer spectacular views of the sparkling azure sea.
Some of the suites boast private plunge pools and the Grand Pavilions have infinity pools and are perfect for groups of friends or families.
Facilities at the luxury beachfront resort include two gourmet restaurants where guests can dine al fresco under the stars and savour delicious local and international cuisine; the Saltwater Pub with an extensive list of beers; a spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and a hydrotherapy zone with steam room, Jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness centre; an infinity swimming pool with fibre light installations; a kids club; tennis and badminton courts; and a five-star PADI dive centre where guests can dive to the HMS Hermes, a sunken aircraft carrier from WWII.
Sun Aqua Pasikduah is the first member of the new Sun Aqua brand, and two more properties will be added to the collection in 2015 and 2016, both of which will be located in the Maldives.
Sun operates the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi in the Maldives, and the hotel group is planning to open a second Sun Siyam hotel in Sri Lanka in the future.
Sri Lanka is an island in the Indian Ocean renowned for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites which that ancient cities and colonial forts.
The island boasts eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites including ancient cities such as Anuradhapura, which was founded in the 4th century BC and lay hidden for years in a thick jungle. The city's palaces, temples and monuments are on display since the end of the civil war in 2009 and they provide a fascinating insight into Sri Lanka's ancient heritage.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Arouse your senses in the Indian Ocean with this amazing double Island getaway
- Follow the thousands of local pilgrims and visit the awe inspiring Kalutara Temple - the only Buddhist shrine in the world which is completely hollow inside
- Sunrise and sunset fishing giving you the most stunning views over the Indian Ocean
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...