Cuba Travel Service to launch new charter flight between New York and Havana
Cuba is about to become more accessible to American residents as Cuba Travel Services gets ready to launch its first scheduled direct charter flight between New York and Havana next week. With the majority of flights available from Florida, the travel company will tap into New York's large Cuban-American population.
New York residents will be able to enjoy easier access to Cuba from next week as Cuba Travel Services gets ready to launch a new charter service.
The tour operator will launch the first regularly scheduled direct charter flight between New York in the United States and Havana in Cuba.
With the majority of flights to Cuba operating from Florida, the company will tap into New York's large Cuban-American population, making it more accessible to travel home or visit family.
Following President Obama's announcement last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after a travel embargo last more than 60 years, the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly.
Zuccato of Cypress from California-based Cuba Travel Services, explained:
"It's a natural market for U.S. airlines to want to fly there. It's a transition, I think, and once those things are done, it'll be a good market for them for sure."
While tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
In January this year, approximately 250 flights operated between the U.S and Cuba, and while commercial flights to the island are still banned, this might change within the next 12 months.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea that offers popular tourist destinations such as Varadero Beach, which is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...