Cuba Travel Service to launch new charter flight between New York and Havana
Cuba is about to become more accessible to American residents as Cuba Travel Services gets ready to launch its first scheduled direct charter flight between New York and Havana next week. With the majority of flights available from Florida, the travel company will tap into New York's large Cuban-American population.
New York residents will be able to enjoy easier access to Cuba from next week as Cuba Travel Services gets ready to launch a new charter service.
The tour operator will launch the first regularly scheduled direct charter flight between New York in the United States and Havana in Cuba.
With the majority of flights to Cuba operating from Florida, the company will tap into New York's large Cuban-American population, making it more accessible to travel home or visit family.
Following President Obama's announcement last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after a travel embargo last more than 60 years, the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly.
Zuccato of Cypress from California-based Cuba Travel Services, explained:
"It's a natural market for U.S. airlines to want to fly there. It's a transition, I think, and once those things are done, it'll be a good market for them for sure."
While tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
In January this year, approximately 250 flights operated between the U.S and Cuba, and while commercial flights to the island are still banned, this might change within the next 12 months.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea that offers popular tourist destinations such as Varadero Beach, which is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...