Cuba Travel Service to launch new charter flight between New York and Havana
Cuba is about to become more accessible to American residents as Cuba Travel Services gets ready to launch its first scheduled direct charter flight between New York and Havana next week. With the majority of flights available from Florida, the travel company will tap into New York's large Cuban-American population.
New York residents will be able to enjoy easier access to Cuba from next week as Cuba Travel Services gets ready to launch a new charter service.
The tour operator will launch the first regularly scheduled direct charter flight between New York in the United States and Havana in Cuba.
With the majority of flights to Cuba operating from Florida, the company will tap into New York's large Cuban-American population, making it more accessible to travel home or visit family.
Following President Obama's announcement last year that Cuba travel restrictions will be eased for American residents after a travel embargo last more than 60 years, the number of American visiting the Caribbean island is set to increase significantly.
Zuccato of Cypress from California-based Cuba Travel Services, explained:
"It's a natural market for U.S. airlines to want to fly there. It's a transition, I think, and once those things are done, it'll be a good market for them for sure."
While tourism has not yet been approved as a reason to visit Cuba, American residents can visit the island for educational, religious, academic and cultural and family purposes across 12 categories, and licences for these trips are no longer required.
In January this year, approximately 250 flights operated between the U.S and Cuba, and while commercial flights to the island are still banned, this might change within the next 12 months.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea that offers popular tourist destinations such as Varadero Beach, which is located in the province of Matanzas on the Hicacos Peninsula and is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, that boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...