The Holiday Place celebrates Red Nose Day for Comic Relief
While official Red Nose Day arrives in the UK for another year, The Holiday Place put on their funniest faces for a great cause while managing to raise £265 towards Comic Relief - a lifesaving charity helping those that need it most in vulnerable areas across the UK and Africa.
Today The Holiday Place donned red colours and red noses whilst holding a fund-raising event for Comic Relief.
Some employees got involved by volunteering to bring cooked dishes from home to share among the rest of the staff at lunch time while the rest of the staff paid for the privilege of tucking in.
The buffet spread was charged at £5 per person and diners could fill their dish as much as they wanted whilst knowing that the cost of their meal contributed to a great cause.
Organised by two of our travel advisors from the Reservations department, Vishali Karia and Danielle Nairne, the day’s events also included a special raffle with the cost of all tickets contributing to the funds raised.
Prizes included teddy bears, chocolates, candles, Red Nose Day memorabilia and tea pots as well as mystery gift box who went on to be bid for a total of £15.
Many staff members also made an effort to wear red for the day to further commemorate the event and as a reminder of what this important charity does and how it helps millions of people in desperate need, giving them a better chance in life.
On the other side of the world, the employees at our Cuba office also donned red noses for the day and joined us in our fundraising efforts.
As an added bonus, Chris Robles who works for AMG Marketing representing Tobago, was present on the day to give ongoing training to our expert team of travel advisors, also contributed to the day’s festivities with a special addition.
Later on the day he attended our raffle prize giveaway and added a football signed by Tobagonian footballer and former Manchester United player, Dwight Yorke, to the raffle prizes. Showkat Khan, from our Accounts team was the lucky winner that got to take it home.
At the end of the day everyone gathered around, fit the red nose on and put their funniest face for charity to take a group photo as a memento of our achievement. This year The Holiday Place managed to raise a total of £266 and we look forward to increasing that quantity over coming years and carry on doing some other fundraising events around the office.
We’re already gearing up for Comic Relief 2016 and as Red Nose Day’s official slogan says: “Do something funny for money.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...