The Holiday Place celebrates Red Nose Day for Comic Relief
While official Red Nose Day arrives in the UK for another year, The Holiday Place put on their funniest faces for a great cause while managing to raise £265 towards Comic Relief - a lifesaving charity helping those that need it most in vulnerable areas across the UK and Africa.
Today The Holiday Place donned red colours and red noses whilst holding a fund-raising event for Comic Relief.
Some employees got involved by volunteering to bring cooked dishes from home to share among the rest of the staff at lunch time while the rest of the staff paid for the privilege of tucking in.
The buffet spread was charged at £5 per person and diners could fill their dish as much as they wanted whilst knowing that the cost of their meal contributed to a great cause.
Organised by two of our travel advisors from the Reservations department, Vishali Karia and Danielle Nairne, the day’s events also included a special raffle with the cost of all tickets contributing to the funds raised.
Prizes included teddy bears, chocolates, candles, Red Nose Day memorabilia and tea pots as well as mystery gift box who went on to be bid for a total of £15.
Many staff members also made an effort to wear red for the day to further commemorate the event and as a reminder of what this important charity does and how it helps millions of people in desperate need, giving them a better chance in life.
On the other side of the world, the employees at our Cuba office also donned red noses for the day and joined us in our fundraising efforts.
As an added bonus, Chris Robles who works for AMG Marketing representing Tobago, was present on the day to give ongoing training to our expert team of travel advisors, also contributed to the day’s festivities with a special addition.
Later on the day he attended our raffle prize giveaway and added a football signed by Tobagonian footballer and former Manchester United player, Dwight Yorke, to the raffle prizes. Showkat Khan, from our Accounts team was the lucky winner that got to take it home.
At the end of the day everyone gathered around, fit the red nose on and put their funniest face for charity to take a group photo as a memento of our achievement. This year The Holiday Place managed to raise a total of £266 and we look forward to increasing that quantity over coming years and carry on doing some other fundraising events around the office.
We’re already gearing up for Comic Relief 2016 and as Red Nose Day’s official slogan says: “Do something funny for money.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...