The Holiday Place celebrates Red Nose Day for Comic Relief
While official Red Nose Day arrives in the UK for another year, The Holiday Place put on their funniest faces for a great cause while managing to raise £265 towards Comic Relief - a lifesaving charity helping those that need it most in vulnerable areas across the UK and Africa.
Today The Holiday Place donned red colours and red noses whilst holding a fund-raising event for Comic Relief.
Some employees got involved by volunteering to bring cooked dishes from home to share among the rest of the staff at lunch time while the rest of the staff paid for the privilege of tucking in.
The buffet spread was charged at £5 per person and diners could fill their dish as much as they wanted whilst knowing that the cost of their meal contributed to a great cause.
Organised by two of our travel advisors from the Reservations department, Vishali Karia and Danielle Nairne, the day’s events also included a special raffle with the cost of all tickets contributing to the funds raised.
Prizes included teddy bears, chocolates, candles, Red Nose Day memorabilia and tea pots as well as mystery gift box who went on to be bid for a total of £15.
Many staff members also made an effort to wear red for the day to further commemorate the event and as a reminder of what this important charity does and how it helps millions of people in desperate need, giving them a better chance in life.
On the other side of the world, the employees at our Cuba office also donned red noses for the day and joined us in our fundraising efforts.
As an added bonus, Chris Robles who works for AMG Marketing representing Tobago, was present on the day to give ongoing training to our expert team of travel advisors, also contributed to the day’s festivities with a special addition.
Later on the day he attended our raffle prize giveaway and added a football signed by Tobagonian footballer and former Manchester United player, Dwight Yorke, to the raffle prizes. Showkat Khan, from our Accounts team was the lucky winner that got to take it home.
At the end of the day everyone gathered around, fit the red nose on and put their funniest face for charity to take a group photo as a memento of our achievement. This year The Holiday Place managed to raise a total of £266 and we look forward to increasing that quantity over coming years and carry on doing some other fundraising events around the office.
We’re already gearing up for Comic Relief 2016 and as Red Nose Day’s official slogan says: “Do something funny for money.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...