Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to add Mauritius resort to luxury portfolio
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will open the Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort and Spa in Mauritius in November. The brand will commence management of the luxury resort on 15th April, 2015 but it is inviting holidaymakers to book their stays from 30th March for stays from 1st November.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts will be adding a new hotel to its collection next month when it takes over a resort in the Indian Ocean.
Reservations for Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort and Spa in Mauritius will take place from 30th March, 2015 for stay from 1st November, 2015.
The Shangri-La brand will begin management if the luxury resort on 15th April and the property will close its doors temporarily to undergo renovations that will see the upgrade of all guest rooms, public areas and the introduction of Shangri-La's renowned spa and restaurants.
Greg Dogan, the President and CEO of Shangri-La, explained:
"The opportunity to manage the iconic Le Touessrok Resort is one we are thrilled about. Mauritius is one of the most beautiful islands in the Indian Ocean and the resort has a tremendous heritage.
"We look forward to bringing Shangri-La's hallmark hospitality from the heart to Mauritius and to sharing more details about the exciting launch of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort and Spa this coming autumn."
Situated on the east coast of the island of Mauritius in a beautiful bay, the five-star resort has three villas and 200 oceanfront guest rooms and suites.
Guests can enjoy access to Ilot Mangenie, a private, secluded island with 3.5 kilometres of pristine beach, while the 18-hole, par 72 championship Ile aux Cerfs golf course is a short distance from the beachfront resort.
This is the second Shangri-La hotel and resort to open in the Indian Ocean; the second being the Shangri-La's Villingili Resort and Spa, Maldives.
Shangri-La Asia, the holding company of Shangri-La, signed a joint agreement last summer with Sun Resorts Limited, the primary stakeholder of Le Touessrok.
Philippe Cassis, the CEO of Sun Resorts Limited, commented:
"We are excited about the developments ahead for Le Touessrok Resort, a property which has a magnificent reputation for stellar service, spectacular scenery and a rich history as one of the most impressive properties in the Indian Ocean.
"We look forward to continuing our partnership with Shangri-La Asia, and believe our new agreement will make for a hugely successful future for the resort."
Mauritius is an island nation located in the southwest Indian Ocean and one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic breaks, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...