Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to add Mauritius resort to luxury portfolio
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has announced that it will open the Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort and Spa in Mauritius in November. The brand will commence management of the luxury resort on 15th April, 2015 but it is inviting holidaymakers to book their stays from 30th March for stays from 1st November.
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts will be adding a new hotel to its collection next month when it takes over a resort in the Indian Ocean.
Reservations for Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort and Spa in Mauritius will take place from 30th March, 2015 for stay from 1st November, 2015.
The Shangri-La brand will begin management if the luxury resort on 15th April and the property will close its doors temporarily to undergo renovations that will see the upgrade of all guest rooms, public areas and the introduction of Shangri-La's renowned spa and restaurants.
Greg Dogan, the President and CEO of Shangri-La, explained:
"The opportunity to manage the iconic Le Touessrok Resort is one we are thrilled about. Mauritius is one of the most beautiful islands in the Indian Ocean and the resort has a tremendous heritage.
"We look forward to bringing Shangri-La's hallmark hospitality from the heart to Mauritius and to sharing more details about the exciting launch of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort and Spa this coming autumn."
Situated on the east coast of the island of Mauritius in a beautiful bay, the five-star resort has three villas and 200 oceanfront guest rooms and suites.
Guests can enjoy access to Ilot Mangenie, a private, secluded island with 3.5 kilometres of pristine beach, while the 18-hole, par 72 championship Ile aux Cerfs golf course is a short distance from the beachfront resort.
This is the second Shangri-La hotel and resort to open in the Indian Ocean; the second being the Shangri-La's Villingili Resort and Spa, Maldives.
Shangri-La Asia, the holding company of Shangri-La, signed a joint agreement last summer with Sun Resorts Limited, the primary stakeholder of Le Touessrok.
Philippe Cassis, the CEO of Sun Resorts Limited, commented:
"We are excited about the developments ahead for Le Touessrok Resort, a property which has a magnificent reputation for stellar service, spectacular scenery and a rich history as one of the most impressive properties in the Indian Ocean.
"We look forward to continuing our partnership with Shangri-La Asia, and believe our new agreement will make for a hugely successful future for the resort."
Mauritius is an island nation located in the southwest Indian Ocean and one of the Mascarene Islands.
The exotic island boasts a tropical climate and is a popular destination for travellers seeking romantic breaks, weddings abroad and honeymoons. Visitors can relax amid tranquil breathtaking surroundings made up of white sand palm-fringed beaches, lush vegetation, and colourful coral reefs in the sparkling azure waters which surround the island and make it an ideal spot for snorkelling or scuba diving activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...