AMResorts to open second hotel in Costa Rica after taking over Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa
AMResorts has announced that it has signed a deal to open its second hotel in Costa Rica, Secrets Papagayo Resort and Spa. The hotel management group has taken over the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa and it is the second hotel to open in the country, following the opening of the Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica last year.
AMResorts has announced that it will open a new hotel in Costa Rica, following the signing of a deal to manage the former Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa.
This will be the hotel management company's second hotel to open in Costa Rica, following the launch of Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica last year.
AMResorts took over the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa on 28th February, 2015 and it will operate as the Papagayo Resort and Spa until May, 2015, when it will then close for six months and undergo extensive renovations to meet the standards of the award-winning Secrets brand.
Alex Zozaya, the CEO of Apple Leisure Group, owners of AMResorts, commented:
"Costa Rica is one of the leading destinations for North American travellers, and the country's sustainable tourism model is drawing attention from those seeking luxury accommodations that still offer a local experience.
"This presents a great opportunity to develop premium, all-inclusive resorts in the region."
The refurbishments will include upgrading the luxury resort's 202 suites and facilities, and introducing AMResorts' signature Unlimited-Luxury concept that includes speciality restaurants, 24-hour room service, pool and beach wait service, and world class spa facilities.
The beachfront hotel will re-open on 11th November, 2015 as the adults-only Secrets Papagayo Resort and Spa, and it will be the 14th hotel in the Secrets Resort and Spas brand.
Situated in the Guanacaste region, Secrets Papagayo Resort and Spa will sit on a pristine beach on the Papagayo Peninsula, just 20 minutes from Liberia International Airport.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, explained:
"Guests appreciate the opportunity to vacation in unique destinations, and our growth strategy is focused on entering more places where travellers want to be.
"The Papagayo Peninsula is an excellent addition to AMResorts' generous array of beachfront, tropical locations where guests can experience our Unlimited-Luxury concept."
Guanacaste boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Located in Central America, Costa Rica is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...