AMResorts to open second hotel in Costa Rica after taking over Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa
AMResorts has announced that it has signed a deal to open its second hotel in Costa Rica, Secrets Papagayo Resort and Spa. The hotel management group has taken over the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa and it is the second hotel to open in the country, following the opening of the Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica last year.
AMResorts has announced that it will open a new hotel in Costa Rica, following the signing of a deal to manage the former Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa.
This will be the hotel management company's second hotel to open in Costa Rica, following the launch of Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica last year.
AMResorts took over the Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort and Spa on 28th February, 2015 and it will operate as the Papagayo Resort and Spa until May, 2015, when it will then close for six months and undergo extensive renovations to meet the standards of the award-winning Secrets brand.
Alex Zozaya, the CEO of Apple Leisure Group, owners of AMResorts, commented:
"Costa Rica is one of the leading destinations for North American travellers, and the country's sustainable tourism model is drawing attention from those seeking luxury accommodations that still offer a local experience.
"This presents a great opportunity to develop premium, all-inclusive resorts in the region."
The refurbishments will include upgrading the luxury resort's 202 suites and facilities, and introducing AMResorts' signature Unlimited-Luxury concept that includes speciality restaurants, 24-hour room service, pool and beach wait service, and world class spa facilities.
The beachfront hotel will re-open on 11th November, 2015 as the adults-only Secrets Papagayo Resort and Spa, and it will be the 14th hotel in the Secrets Resort and Spas brand.
Situated in the Guanacaste region, Secrets Papagayo Resort and Spa will sit on a pristine beach on the Papagayo Peninsula, just 20 minutes from Liberia International Airport.
Gonzalo del Peon, the President of AMResorts, explained:
"Guests appreciate the opportunity to vacation in unique destinations, and our growth strategy is focused on entering more places where travellers want to be.
"The Papagayo Peninsula is an excellent addition to AMResorts' generous array of beachfront, tropical locations where guests can experience our Unlimited-Luxury concept."
Guanacaste boasts an array of pristine white sand beaches and the thriving Rincon de la Vieja National Park which is home to beautiful cascading waterfalls and a variety of wildlife species such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats and hundreds of colourful birds.
Located in Central America, Costa Rica is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, volcanoes, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...