Wild Wadi Waterpark in Dubai receives Green Globe Certification
The Wild Wadi Waterpark in Dubai has earned the coveted Green Globe certification, making it the first water park in the world to be awarded the status. The park's sustainable operations and management was recognised by the organisation which the manager says is down to the passion and enthusiasm of its employees.
The Wild Wadi Waterpark in the Middle East has become the first water park in the world to receive the coveted Green Globe Certification.
The water park in Dubai was recognised for its sustainable operations and management programs which includes the formation of the internal Green Team that creates innovative activities that will promote, substain and maintain the park's environmental efforts.
Chris Swatz, the Manager of Wild Wadi Waterpark, explained:
"Being awarded with Green Globe certification is an achievement for our guests and the community we live in. It was made possible by the passion and enthusiasm of our employees and actually went beyond what we can imagine to be an amazing team-building event.
"Green Globe Certification has also been a great exercise in identifying the additional areas and opportunities for savings and to plan for the right investments in POMEC and CAPEX."
The popular Dubai attraction scored 84 per cent in the audit which was carried out by Green Globe Middle East Preferred Partner, Farnek Middle East LLC.
Sandrine Le Biavant, from Farnek Director Consultancy, commented:
"In just one year, Wild Wadi has saved 9% on water consumption. They have also reduced their carbon footprint by 7%, by saving10% on cooling and 5% on kitchen gas consumption.
"We have tracked this benchmarking data via our Hotel Optimiser and can confirm that this is a remarkable performance."
The park's Engineering team has installed voltage optimisation to lower the voltage consumption throughout the complex and 85 per cent of the lights are energy saving CFL or LED.
Wild Wadi Waterpark is situated in Dubai and in front of the soaring Burj Al Arab. The complex has 30 rides and attractions for all ages and it is themed around the tale of Juha, a famous character from Arabian folklore.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and the soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast upscale shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, huge theme parks, and pristine sandy beaches.
Tourists can visit popular tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, and the three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretch into the Persian Gulf off the sandy shoreline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...