Wild Wadi Waterpark in Dubai receives Green Globe Certification
The Wild Wadi Waterpark in Dubai has earned the coveted Green Globe certification, making it the first water park in the world to be awarded the status. The park's sustainable operations and management was recognised by the organisation which the manager says is down to the passion and enthusiasm of its employees.
The Wild Wadi Waterpark in the Middle East has become the first water park in the world to receive the coveted Green Globe Certification.
The water park in Dubai was recognised for its sustainable operations and management programs which includes the formation of the internal Green Team that creates innovative activities that will promote, substain and maintain the park's environmental efforts.
Chris Swatz, the Manager of Wild Wadi Waterpark, explained:
"Being awarded with Green Globe certification is an achievement for our guests and the community we live in. It was made possible by the passion and enthusiasm of our employees and actually went beyond what we can imagine to be an amazing team-building event.
"Green Globe Certification has also been a great exercise in identifying the additional areas and opportunities for savings and to plan for the right investments in POMEC and CAPEX."
The popular Dubai attraction scored 84 per cent in the audit which was carried out by Green Globe Middle East Preferred Partner, Farnek Middle East LLC.
Sandrine Le Biavant, from Farnek Director Consultancy, commented:
"In just one year, Wild Wadi has saved 9% on water consumption. They have also reduced their carbon footprint by 7%, by saving10% on cooling and 5% on kitchen gas consumption.
"We have tracked this benchmarking data via our Hotel Optimiser and can confirm that this is a remarkable performance."
The park's Engineering team has installed voltage optimisation to lower the voltage consumption throughout the complex and 85 per cent of the lights are energy saving CFL or LED.
Wild Wadi Waterpark is situated in Dubai and in front of the soaring Burj Al Arab. The complex has 30 rides and attractions for all ages and it is themed around the tale of Juha, a famous character from Arabian folklore.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and the soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast upscale shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, huge theme parks, and pristine sandy beaches.
Tourists can visit popular tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai Mall, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, and the three artificial Palm Islands in Dubai that stretch into the Persian Gulf off the sandy shoreline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...