Starwood to debut Aloft and Element brands in Dubai in 2018
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide has signed an agreement with wasl hospitality and leisure LLC to launch the Aloft and Element brands in Dubai. The hotel group will open the Aloft Dubai Raffa and Element Dubai Raffa properties in Dubai Maritime City in 2018, both new brands to the United Arab Emirate.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide will launch two new hotels in Dubai after it signed an agreement with wasl hospitality and leisure LLC.
The hotel group will debut its Aloft and Element brands in Dubai in 2018, which will be located close to Sheikh Zayed Road and the city's commercial centre.
Michael Wale, the President of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East, explained:
"We are very excited to introduce the Aloft and Element brands into Dubai, and are delighted to expand Starwood's successful relationship with wasl hospitality and leisure.
"With the Dubai government promoting mid-scale hotel development ahead of the Dubai World Expo 2020, we believe the timing is right to widen the reach of our signature Aloft and Element experiences, which are revolutionising the hospitality industry by delivering a modern, urban-style experience at an affordable price."
Aloft Raffa will have 165 guest rooms and facilities including Re:fuel by Aloft, the 24-hour grab and go dining option; the brand's W XYZ Bar; the modern Re:charge fitness centre; and an outdoor Splash swimming pool.
Element Raffa has 96 rooms and represents Starwood's eco-friendly brand in the Untied Arab Emirate. The brand combines green and sustainable practices with bright and modern design. Guests staying at Element Raffa will have access to the facilities at Aloft Raffa.
Bart Carnahan, the Senior Vice President Acquisitions and Development, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East, commented:
"The addition of these two new hotels is a testament to the confidence owners have in Starwood and our brands. The pipeline for our mid-market brands is increasingly robust and we see many opportunities for both new-build hotels and conversions for the brands throughout the Middle East."
Starwood's portfolio reaches nearly 50 hotels and resorts in the Middle East and the company is planning to expand its presence in the region with another 35 hotels scheduled to open by 2017.
Dubai is one of seven United Arab Emirates and it is a hub for both leisure and business travellers. The city boasts unique architecture such as the Burj al Arab and the soaring Burj Khalifa, as well as vast upscale shopping malls, verdant parks, luxury hotels, huge theme parks, and pristine sandy beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Take in the stunning 37 acre gardens of a property ideally situated in the heart of Dubai
- Good location from which to exploire Dubai's attractions such as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall or the souks of Deira
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- 14 restaurants and bars to suit every type of dining occassion, 4 swimming pools as well as rooms with a marble bath and spa tub
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...