President leads groundbreaking ceremony of Secrets Cap Cana Resort and Spa in Dominican Republic
The ceremony for the groundbreaking of the Secrets Cap Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic took place last week. President Danilo Medina headed the event in Punta Cana and was joined by he CEO of the Apple Leisure Group, the Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia, and the luxury hotel's General Manager Alejandro Zozaya.
The construction of the Secrets Cap Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic is underway after the groundbreaking ceremony took place last week.
Headed by Dom Rep's President Danilo Medina, the ceremony took place at the site in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and was attended by Apple Leisure Group CEO John Mullen, the General Manager of the new resort, Alejandro Zozaya, and the Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia.
Scheduled to open in October, 2016, the five-star hotel will have 470 luxury suites and Zozaya says:
"This hotel will be a flagship of the Secrets Brand; it will be our company's 43rd hotel."
The luxury beachfront resort is located near Juanillo Beach in the secluded Cap Cana enclave of the popular Punta Cana area on the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic.
The property will have eight gourmet dining options, 300 metres of white-sand beachfront fringed with azure ocean waters, and meetings and weddings space.
Secrets Cap Cana resort is one of three Secrets-branded Dominican Republic hotels in Punta Cana and the 14th Secrets branded hotel overall. The Secrets brand is part of the AMResorts group that operates luxury hotels in Cancun, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Huatulco.
Punta Cana is a popular tourist destination in the Caribbean and it is renowned for its world-class golf resorts and designer championship golf courses. The region's turquoise ocean provides plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, swimming, windsurfing, sailing and deep-sea fishing adventures, while the Bavaro area is home to the famous award-winning Bavaro Beach and an array of luxury all inclusive beachfront hotels, casinos, boutique shops, theatres, gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
The Dominican Republic is a nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola which is shared with Haiti. The country is home to beautiful natural landscapes such as majestic mountains, vast lakes, winding rivers, crystal clear aqua ocean waters, and unspoilt white sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Enjoy white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters along with peaceful and secluded atmosphere
- The hotel has an ideal beachfront location in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast for relaxing and luxurious Caribbean holiday
- Enjoy a range of drinks and food with buffet and 4 a la carte restaurants plus numerous bars
- Spoil yourself at the modern spa for serene relaxation featuring five rooms for treatments, jacuzzis and much more
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Up to 2 kids go FREE in a Deluxe family room between 3rd Jan 17 - 22nd Dec 17, Book By 28th Feb 17
- Stay between 15 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 and get 50% off a Rock Royalty Level Room
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Enjoy various fantastic events coming up at the hotel including Justin Bieber on 17th April & Sting in concert on 13th May
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...