President leads groundbreaking ceremony of Secrets Cap Cana Resort and Spa in Dominican Republic
The ceremony for the groundbreaking of the Secrets Cap Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic took place last week. President Danilo Medina headed the event in Punta Cana and was joined by he CEO of the Apple Leisure Group, the Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia, and the luxury hotel's General Manager Alejandro Zozaya.
The construction of the Secrets Cap Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic is underway after the groundbreaking ceremony took place last week.
Headed by Dom Rep's President Danilo Medina, the ceremony took place at the site in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and was attended by Apple Leisure Group CEO John Mullen, the General Manager of the new resort, Alejandro Zozaya, and the Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia.
Scheduled to open in October, 2016, the five-star hotel will have 470 luxury suites and Zozaya says:
"This hotel will be a flagship of the Secrets Brand; it will be our company's 43rd hotel."
The luxury beachfront resort is located near Juanillo Beach in the secluded Cap Cana enclave of the popular Punta Cana area on the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic.
The property will have eight gourmet dining options, 300 metres of white-sand beachfront fringed with azure ocean waters, and meetings and weddings space.
Secrets Cap Cana resort is one of three Secrets-branded Dominican Republic hotels in Punta Cana and the 14th Secrets branded hotel overall. The Secrets brand is part of the AMResorts group that operates luxury hotels in Cancun, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Huatulco.
Punta Cana is a popular tourist destination in the Caribbean and it is renowned for its world-class golf resorts and designer championship golf courses. The region's turquoise ocean provides plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, swimming, windsurfing, sailing and deep-sea fishing adventures, while the Bavaro area is home to the famous award-winning Bavaro Beach and an array of luxury all inclusive beachfront hotels, casinos, boutique shops, theatres, gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
The Dominican Republic is a nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola which is shared with Haiti. The country is home to beautiful natural landscapes such as majestic mountains, vast lakes, winding rivers, crystal clear aqua ocean waters, and unspoilt white sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...