Paris Hilton and Naomi Campbell on holiday in Cuba
Hilton's most famous heiress Paris Hilton recently revealed she had flown into Cuba when she posted an Instagram photo of herself in Old Havana. More recently, another set of photos has been circulating around the web and causing much furore. They show Paris and Naomi Campbell attending a special gala dinner hosted by former president Fidel Castro's eldest son, Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart.
It was a shock to most to see a member of the legendary American Hilton family entering Cuba after over half a century of ill-relations between the two countries and the total forced abandonment of the Hilton brand after Castro’s government nationalised all hotels in the island.
The granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, the man who famously opened the Hilton Habana (now Tryp Habana Libre) back in 1958, barely a year before Castro and his bearded rebels won the revolution, couldn’t wait to tell everyone where she was heading next as she announced via her Twitter account:
“Taking off to Cuba! I won't have phone service for a couple days. So if I don't respond to your texts it's cause I'm not receiving them.”
Shortly after she shared a snapshot of herself standing next to some giant teddy bears which where part of an exhibition currently being showcased in Old Havana’s iconic San Francisco de Asis Square. She completed her photo with the caption.
“Loving Old Havana! So beautiful & unique.”
Other Instagram pictures that soon followed included one of here standing in a rooftop with the following caption:
"There's some beautiful architecture here in Cuba."
Perhaps one of the most iconic is a shot of her standing in a balcony of the hotel her grandfather built in a Marylin Monroe-inspired dress. She captioned this photo with the words:
"Posing in front of the original 'Habana Hilton Hotel' that my great grandfather Conrad opened here in 1958."
And then there are the famous snapshots of her and Naomi Campbell standing next to Fidel Castro’s eldest son; Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart while attending Cuba’s annual cigar festival; Festival del Habano, which took place last week between 23-27th February, 2015.
Paris Hilton was even captured taking a selfie of herself standing next to the son of the man that nationalised her grandfather’s hotel, which at the time was one of the newest and most luxurious in the city. Quite the surreal image when you take into account that these are the sort of families you would think would have never been seen in public together, let alone speak to each other.
This is yet another clear reflection of how fast things are changing now in Cuba and how the two countries are putting their differences aside, carving a new path for mutual understanding and development. If Castros and Hiltons putting a united front together isn’t a show of change and letting go of old grudges, then what could be?
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...