Loama Resort opens to guests on private island in the Maldives
Loama Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of its stunning new hotel on the island of Maamigili in the Maldives. The luxury property has a selection of overwater and beach villas, as well as array of upscale facilities including a spa, an art gallery in an overwater pavilion, and six gourmet dining outlets.
Loama Resort has opened its doors on the teardrop-shaped private island of Maamigili, offering ultimate luxury and privacy for holidaymakers.
The upscale resort is located on 100 hectares of lush land on the island that sits in the unspoilt Raa Atoll in the Maldives and is surrounded by vibrant coral reefs and turquoise waters.
With 105 beachfront and overwater villas with coconut-thatched roofs and individual Maldivian names, guests can a enjoy peaceful stay amid traditional furnishings and modern amenities including walk-in wardrobes, outdoor deck and rain showers, natural stone bath tubs, and flat-screen TVs.
The beachfront resort boasts facilities including a lavish spa with a glass-floor treatment room and views of the private lagoon, six gourmet oceanfront dining outlets, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, with complimentary Yoga and Meditation lessons, an outdoor infinity pool, a PADI 5-Star IDC for snorkelling and scuba diving activities, Dhondhooni Kids Club for younger guests, a business centre, free wireless internet, and the Loama Art Gallery and Loama Museum, the first official museum outside of Male.
Guests will reach the all-inclusive resort via a scenic 45-minute seaplane ride from the capital Male.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to absorb breathtaking landscapes and a tropical climate.
Visitors can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
The picturesque islands are famous for their collection of luxury all-inclusive hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, family sun-seeking escapes, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving adventures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...