Loama Resort opens to guests on private island in the Maldives
Loama Hotels and Resorts has announced the opening of its stunning new hotel on the island of Maamigili in the Maldives. The luxury property has a selection of overwater and beach villas, as well as array of upscale facilities including a spa, an art gallery in an overwater pavilion, and six gourmet dining outlets.
Loama Resort has opened its doors on the teardrop-shaped private island of Maamigili, offering ultimate luxury and privacy for holidaymakers.
The upscale resort is located on 100 hectares of lush land on the island that sits in the unspoilt Raa Atoll in the Maldives and is surrounded by vibrant coral reefs and turquoise waters.
With 105 beachfront and overwater villas with coconut-thatched roofs and individual Maldivian names, guests can a enjoy peaceful stay amid traditional furnishings and modern amenities including walk-in wardrobes, outdoor deck and rain showers, natural stone bath tubs, and flat-screen TVs.
The beachfront resort boasts facilities including a lavish spa with a glass-floor treatment room and views of the private lagoon, six gourmet oceanfront dining outlets, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, with complimentary Yoga and Meditation lessons, an outdoor infinity pool, a PADI 5-Star IDC for snorkelling and scuba diving activities, Dhondhooni Kids Club for younger guests, a business centre, free wireless internet, and the Loama Art Gallery and Loama Museum, the first official museum outside of Male.
Guests will reach the all-inclusive resort via a scenic 45-minute seaplane ride from the capital Male.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited. The country is a hotspot for nature lovers, couples, and families who want to absorb breathtaking landscapes and a tropical climate.
Visitors can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
The picturesque islands are famous for their collection of luxury all-inclusive hotels including water villas, beach villas, oceanfront bungalows and spa resorts.
The stunning nation offers the perfect getaway for romantic honeymoons or weddings, family sun-seeking escapes, wellness breaks, or relaxing scuba diving adventures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
All villas are surrounded by palm trees or on stilts over the lagoon, making for a memorable stay.
- Free Upgarde from Half Board to All Inclusive! Book Now!
- Set on the tropical island of Dhuni Kolhu surrounded by warm waters of the Indian Ocean, and located only 30 minutes by sea plane from Male International Airport.
- Witness schools of dolphins playing in the azure waters or try fishing in the traditional Maldivian way while enjoying breath-taking sunset
- Find a state of relaxation with a variety of different treatments and massages created to indulge personal desires for well-being
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....