Opening of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande pushed back to April
Palace Resorts has announced that the opening of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande has been moved to 11th April. 2015. The luxury resort in Ocho Rios in Jamaica was due to open on 1st March but delays in deliveries of materials for the resort have pushed the opening date back. The property's official launch party will still take place from 6th to 9th May and will feature a concert from Shaggy.
The opening of the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa has been pushed back to 11th April, 2015, according to Palace Resorts.
The resort in Ocho Rio in Jamaica was scheduled to open on 1st March, 2015 but a delay in the delivery of materials for the resort has delayed the opening.
Kathy Halpern, Palace Resorts' Vice President of Sales and Marketing says that guests holding reservations prior to 11th April can either rescheduled to a later date, staying at a nearby property in Jamaica, or stay at one of Palace Resorts' seven properties in Mexico.
The official opening will still take place from 6th to 9th May, 2015 and will feature a concert from the Jamaican Grammy award-winning reggae singer Shaggy on 8th May.
Palace Resorts bought the former Sunset Jamaica Grande in July, 2014 and the property has since undergone a $50 million refurbishment programme to meet the hotel company's standards.
It's the company's first ever property located outside of Mexico and it will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates the Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
The luxury beachfront resort will have more than 700 guest rooms and suites, as well as five gourmet restaurants, four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a Wired Teen Lounge, a 35,000 square-foot spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
Guest rooms will have original CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Irons and CHI Pro Hair-Dryers, plus CHI wetline bath products including Infra Shampoo, Infra Treatment conditioner, body lotion, and bubble bath.
Located on the north coast of Jamaica, 90 minutes from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ), the upscale resort sits on 17 acres of tropical beachfront, and boasts the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios.
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating emerald hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...