Opening of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande pushed back to April
Palace Resorts has announced that the opening of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande has been moved to 11th April. 2015. The luxury resort in Ocho Rios in Jamaica was due to open on 1st March but delays in deliveries of materials for the resort have pushed the opening date back. The property's official launch party will still take place from 6th to 9th May and will feature a concert from Shaggy.
The opening of the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa has been pushed back to 11th April, 2015, according to Palace Resorts.
The resort in Ocho Rio in Jamaica was scheduled to open on 1st March, 2015 but a delay in the delivery of materials for the resort has delayed the opening.
Kathy Halpern, Palace Resorts' Vice President of Sales and Marketing says that guests holding reservations prior to 11th April can either rescheduled to a later date, staying at a nearby property in Jamaica, or stay at one of Palace Resorts' seven properties in Mexico.
The official opening will still take place from 6th to 9th May, 2015 and will feature a concert from the Jamaican Grammy award-winning reggae singer Shaggy on 8th May.
Palace Resorts bought the former Sunset Jamaica Grande in July, 2014 and the property has since undergone a $50 million refurbishment programme to meet the hotel company's standards.
It's the company's first ever property located outside of Mexico and it will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates the Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
The luxury beachfront resort will have more than 700 guest rooms and suites, as well as five gourmet restaurants, four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a Wired Teen Lounge, a 35,000 square-foot spa with a wide range of pampering treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
Guest rooms will have original CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Irons and CHI Pro Hair-Dryers, plus CHI wetline bath products including Infra Shampoo, Infra Treatment conditioner, body lotion, and bubble bath.
Located on the north coast of Jamaica, 90 minutes from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ), the upscale resort sits on 17 acres of tropical beachfront, and boasts the longest stretch of private beach in Ocho Rios.
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating emerald hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...