Fernando family opens luxurious Cape Weligama in Sri Lanka
The multi-millionaire owners of owners of Dilmah Tea, the Fernando family, have announced the opening of their new hotel in Sri Lanka. Cape Weligama is located on the south-west coast of the island, south of Galle, and it has 40 suites and a stunning cliff-top location overlooking the bay of Weligama.
The Fernando family, owners of Dilmah Tea, have announced the launch of their newest hotel in Sri Lanka.
The multi-millionaire family opened Cape Weligama earlier this month on the south-west coast of Sri Lanka on a cliff-top overlooking the beautiful bay of Weligama.
Designed by designed by Thai architect Lek Bunnag, the luxury hotel has 40 villas and suites that range from 130 to 300 square-metres in size surrounded by lush gardens and some have private pools. Amenities include freestanding bath tubs, personal butler service, private terraces and private gardens.
Facilities at Cape Weligama include three gourmet restaurants with ocean views: De Mauny restaurant, Kumbuk, and Misaki. Guests can relax in the Taylor Pavilion for traditional Ceylon high tea or cocktails at sunset.
Villas have dedicated spa facilities so guests can enjoy pampering spa treatments and spice scrubs with organic home-grown ingredients such as clove, nutmeg, sweet orange and sandalwood, and essential oil massages that incorporate Ceylon tea.
The hotel's crescent-shaped infinity Moon Pool is 60 metres long and boasts breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean, while the Cove Pool is perfect for younger guests. There's also a modern gym for guests who want to keep fit during their stay in Sri Lanka.
Located within 12 acres of verdant manicured grounds, Cape Weligama is the second hotel owned by the Fernando family. Their flagship Ceylon Tea Trails opened in 2005, and both properties are part of the prestigious Relais and Chateaux group.
Suites at Cape Weligama start from US$605 per night on a half-board basis.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean renowned for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...