Fernando family opens luxurious Cape Weligama in Sri Lanka
The multi-millionaire owners of owners of Dilmah Tea, the Fernando family, have announced the opening of their new hotel in Sri Lanka. Cape Weligama is located on the south-west coast of the island, south of Galle, and it has 40 suites and a stunning cliff-top location overlooking the bay of Weligama.
The Fernando family, owners of Dilmah Tea, have announced the launch of their newest hotel in Sri Lanka.
The multi-millionaire family opened Cape Weligama earlier this month on the south-west coast of Sri Lanka on a cliff-top overlooking the beautiful bay of Weligama.
Designed by designed by Thai architect Lek Bunnag, the luxury hotel has 40 villas and suites that range from 130 to 300 square-metres in size surrounded by lush gardens and some have private pools. Amenities include freestanding bath tubs, personal butler service, private terraces and private gardens.
Facilities at Cape Weligama include three gourmet restaurants with ocean views: De Mauny restaurant, Kumbuk, and Misaki. Guests can relax in the Taylor Pavilion for traditional Ceylon high tea or cocktails at sunset.
Villas have dedicated spa facilities so guests can enjoy pampering spa treatments and spice scrubs with organic home-grown ingredients such as clove, nutmeg, sweet orange and sandalwood, and essential oil massages that incorporate Ceylon tea.
The hotel's crescent-shaped infinity Moon Pool is 60 metres long and boasts breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean, while the Cove Pool is perfect for younger guests. There's also a modern gym for guests who want to keep fit during their stay in Sri Lanka.
Located within 12 acres of verdant manicured grounds, Cape Weligama is the second hotel owned by the Fernando family. Their flagship Ceylon Tea Trails opened in 2005, and both properties are part of the prestigious Relais and Chateaux group.
Suites at Cape Weligama start from US$605 per night on a half-board basis.
Sri Lanka is an island nation in the Indian Ocean renowned for its stunning natural scenery and diverse ecosystem that is made up of miles of sandy beaches, soaring mountains, thriving wildlife sanctuaries, verdant nature parks, and an array of heritage sites including ancient cities and colonial forts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....