Relais and Chateaux adds 48 new luxury resorts, hotels and restaurants to its collection
Relais and Chateaux has given 48 new luxury resorts, hotels and restaurants its prestigious endorsement for 2015 and 2016. The French luxury association's members are mainly located in Europe but the newcomers include 16 in Asia, and brand new additions in the Maldives, Hong Kong, Costa Rica and Hawaii.
Relais and Chateaux has added 48 new hotels and restaurants to its luxury global collection of properties for 2015 and 2016.
The renowned French hospitality association's majority of luxury resorts, hotels and restaurants are located in Europe but 16 of the 48 new entrants this year are from Asia, and Maldives, Hong Kong, Costa Rica and Hawaii are four brand new destinations.
Soneva Fushi by Six Senses
The eco-luxury beach resort Soneva Fushi in the Maldives has become the first Relais and Chateaux property in the Indian Ocean country. The property is frequented by stars such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna and it was founded on its 'no news, no shoes' principle.
The cliff-side 40-suite Cape Weligama has become the second Relais and Chateaux property in Sri Lanka, after its sister company, Ceylon Tea Trails. Situated in the heart of Ceylon Tea county, four hours away from Sri Lanka's capital city, Colombo, Ceylon Tea Trails boasts four traditional tea planters' bungalows that were built between 1980 and 1939. Located on the island's south-west coast, Cape Weligama was designed by Thai architect Lek Bunnag and it boasts spacious villas and suites.
Hong Kong's first Relais and Chateaux property was named last week as the French restaurant Bibo which also includes an art gallery with contemporary and street art.
According to the chief executive of Relais and Chateaux, Jean-FranÃ§ois Ferret, luxury resorts that gain a Relais and Chateaux accolade usually see an increase in traffic by approximately 30 per cent.
Relais and Chateaux was established in France in 1954 and its exclusive members include the Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve and Wellness Retreat South Africa, Kauri Cliffs New Zealand, and Amberley Castle in the United Kingdom.
With more than 500 members in 60 countries across the world, the association's mission is:
"…to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...