St Lucia announces stellar music festival line-up
Pop sensation Robin Thicke, Jamaican reggae singers Jimmy Cliff and Beres Hammond, and Bajan sax player Arturo Tappin are among the international music stars confirmed to perform at this year's St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival. Kicking off on 30th April and running for 11 days, the festival will also include local music acts, art exhibitions and a fashion show at venues across the island.
St Lucia has announced a stellar line-up for its Jazz and Arts Festival 2015, which will be held on the Caribbean island this spring.
Internationally-renowned performers including pop star Robin Thicke, Jamaican reggae sensation Jimmy Cliff and American rapper Flo Rida will headline the festival, which will feature a bevy of other well-known musicians, as well as local artists.
The 11-day annual St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival, now in its 24th year, will kick off on 30th April and run until 10th May 2015, celebrating island culture and showcasing a mix of talent from diverse music genres.
Among the other artists performing at the festival are two-time Grammy winner Jon Secada, Grammy nominee Joey DeFranceso, acclaimed Paris-based pianist Alain Jean Marie, popular Latin star Timbalive, reggae singer Beres Hammond and smooth jazz saxophonist Arturo Tappin.
Hundreds of musical performances and art showcases will be hosted at various venues throughout the island. Main stage events will be held in St Lucia's iconic Pigeon Island National Park on Friday 8th May. Alongside international performers, a string of local artists and musicians will complete the line-up for the festival, exhibiting works across the island and appearing in shows at the island's jazz venues.
An Arts Village in the north of the island, between two bustling shopping districts, will renew the festival's emphasis on the arts, and the acclaimed Hot Couture Fashion Show will return this year with a spotlight on St Lucia's cutting-edge tropical island style.
"This year's festival continues to infuse artistic events with star-studded musical performances, providing a platform for local artisans, entertainers and cultural enthusiasts to also command world attention during the two-week celebration."
Explained St Lucia's Tourism, Heritage and Creative Industries Minister Lorne Theophilus.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...