St Lucia announces stellar music festival line-up
Pop sensation Robin Thicke, Jamaican reggae singers Jimmy Cliff and Beres Hammond, and Bajan sax player Arturo Tappin are among the international music stars confirmed to perform at this year's St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival. Kicking off on 30th April and running for 11 days, the festival will also include local music acts, art exhibitions and a fashion show at venues across the island.
St Lucia has announced a stellar line-up for its Jazz and Arts Festival 2015, which will be held on the Caribbean island this spring.
Internationally-renowned performers including pop star Robin Thicke, Jamaican reggae sensation Jimmy Cliff and American rapper Flo Rida will headline the festival, which will feature a bevy of other well-known musicians, as well as local artists.
The 11-day annual St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival, now in its 24th year, will kick off on 30th April and run until 10th May 2015, celebrating island culture and showcasing a mix of talent from diverse music genres.
Among the other artists performing at the festival are two-time Grammy winner Jon Secada, Grammy nominee Joey DeFranceso, acclaimed Paris-based pianist Alain Jean Marie, popular Latin star Timbalive, reggae singer Beres Hammond and smooth jazz saxophonist Arturo Tappin.
Hundreds of musical performances and art showcases will be hosted at various venues throughout the island. Main stage events will be held in St Lucia's iconic Pigeon Island National Park on Friday 8th May. Alongside international performers, a string of local artists and musicians will complete the line-up for the festival, exhibiting works across the island and appearing in shows at the island's jazz venues.
An Arts Village in the north of the island, between two bustling shopping districts, will renew the festival's emphasis on the arts, and the acclaimed Hot Couture Fashion Show will return this year with a spotlight on St Lucia's cutting-edge tropical island style.
"This year's festival continues to infuse artistic events with star-studded musical performances, providing a platform for local artisans, entertainers and cultural enthusiasts to also command world attention during the two-week celebration."
Explained St Lucia's Tourism, Heritage and Creative Industries Minister Lorne Theophilus.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...