St Lucia announces stellar music festival line-up
Pop sensation Robin Thicke, Jamaican reggae singers Jimmy Cliff and Beres Hammond, and Bajan sax player Arturo Tappin are among the international music stars confirmed to perform at this year's St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival. Kicking off on 30th April and running for 11 days, the festival will also include local music acts, art exhibitions and a fashion show at venues across the island.
St Lucia has announced a stellar line-up for its Jazz and Arts Festival 2015, which will be held on the Caribbean island this spring.
Internationally-renowned performers including pop star Robin Thicke, Jamaican reggae sensation Jimmy Cliff and American rapper Flo Rida will headline the festival, which will feature a bevy of other well-known musicians, as well as local artists.
The 11-day annual St Lucia Jazz and Arts Festival, now in its 24th year, will kick off on 30th April and run until 10th May 2015, celebrating island culture and showcasing a mix of talent from diverse music genres.
Among the other artists performing at the festival are two-time Grammy winner Jon Secada, Grammy nominee Joey DeFranceso, acclaimed Paris-based pianist Alain Jean Marie, popular Latin star Timbalive, reggae singer Beres Hammond and smooth jazz saxophonist Arturo Tappin.
Hundreds of musical performances and art showcases will be hosted at various venues throughout the island. Main stage events will be held in St Lucia's iconic Pigeon Island National Park on Friday 8th May. Alongside international performers, a string of local artists and musicians will complete the line-up for the festival, exhibiting works across the island and appearing in shows at the island's jazz venues.
An Arts Village in the north of the island, between two bustling shopping districts, will renew the festival's emphasis on the arts, and the acclaimed Hot Couture Fashion Show will return this year with a spotlight on St Lucia's cutting-edge tropical island style.
"This year's festival continues to infuse artistic events with star-studded musical performances, providing a platform for local artisans, entertainers and cultural enthusiasts to also command world attention during the two-week celebration."
Explained St Lucia's Tourism, Heritage and Creative Industries Minister Lorne Theophilus.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...