St Lucia looks set to build on increased international arrivals in 2015
St. Lucia is proving that it is one the hottest holiday destinations in the Caribbean. Arrivals statistics from 2014 show a six per cent growth in the number of travellers booking holidays in St Lucia when compared with the same period in 2013. A boost in arrivals from key source markets like the US, UK and Canada were key to the strong performance.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating a recording breaking performance for its tourism industry in 2014 and given the impressive figures, officials expect to continue the trend into 2015.
According to the recently released statistics, there were approximately 340,000 travellers who travelled to St Lucia during 2014 - representing a six per cent growth year-on-year.
Notably, St. Lucia has also proven that it is more than just a seasonal holiday destination with seven record breaking months last year (February, March, April, June, October, November and December).
St. Lucia bolstered its position as a top holiday destination among its key markets. An increase in arrivals from the US, St. Lucia's largest source market, was key to the boost in figures in 2014 with an 11 per cent year-on-year growth. Arrivals from St. Lucia's second largest source market - the United Kingdom also saw a modest year-on-year growth with a four per cent increase while arrivals from Canada grew by an impressive 15 per cent.
Another factor that has helped to boost the popularity of St. Lucia among travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean has been the high profile accolades including being named the "Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination" by the prestigious World Travel Awards as well as being listed in Travel and Leisure's World's Best List and Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List.
Additionally, St Lucia was selected as the destination for the finale of the popular US reality TV series The Bachelor and was also featured in Sport's Illustrated's 50th anniversary swimsuit issue.
Coupled with these awards and notable mentions, officials feel confident that events like the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival and the continued investment in developing the island's hotels will serve to ensure that St. Lucia continues to attract travellers from around the world.
"Partnership is key to keeping the momentum strong for Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators, and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the success of the overall destination."
Stated Loius Lewis St. Lucia's Director of Tourism for the St Lucia Tourist Board.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation, a FREE Piton Sunset Cruise, plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals 2 FOR 1 SALE’
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...