St Lucia looks set to build on increased international arrivals in 2015
St. Lucia is proving that it is one the hottest holiday destinations in the Caribbean. Arrivals statistics from 2014 show a six per cent growth in the number of travellers booking holidays in St Lucia when compared with the same period in 2013. A boost in arrivals from key source markets like the US, UK and Canada were key to the strong performance.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating a recording breaking performance for its tourism industry in 2014 and given the impressive figures, officials expect to continue the trend into 2015.
According to the recently released statistics, there were approximately 340,000 travellers who travelled to St Lucia during 2014 - representing a six per cent growth year-on-year.
Notably, St. Lucia has also proven that it is more than just a seasonal holiday destination with seven record breaking months last year (February, March, April, June, October, November and December).
St. Lucia bolstered its position as a top holiday destination among its key markets. An increase in arrivals from the US, St. Lucia's largest source market, was key to the boost in figures in 2014 with an 11 per cent year-on-year growth. Arrivals from St. Lucia's second largest source market - the United Kingdom also saw a modest year-on-year growth with a four per cent increase while arrivals from Canada grew by an impressive 15 per cent.
Another factor that has helped to boost the popularity of St. Lucia among travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean has been the high profile accolades including being named the "Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination" by the prestigious World Travel Awards as well as being listed in Travel and Leisure's World's Best List and Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List.
Additionally, St Lucia was selected as the destination for the finale of the popular US reality TV series The Bachelor and was also featured in Sport's Illustrated's 50th anniversary swimsuit issue.
Coupled with these awards and notable mentions, officials feel confident that events like the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival and the continued investment in developing the island's hotels will serve to ensure that St. Lucia continues to attract travellers from around the world.
"Partnership is key to keeping the momentum strong for Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators, and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the success of the overall destination."
Stated Loius Lewis St. Lucia's Director of Tourism for the St Lucia Tourist Board.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays unitl 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Enjoy an elegant and comfortable stay at Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa and Beach Resort
- Perfect location on a peninsula with views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 12 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 8 bars
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the range of leisure activities including Land and Water Sports
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...