St Lucia looks set to build on increased international arrivals in 2015
St. Lucia is proving that it is one the hottest holiday destinations in the Caribbean. Arrivals statistics from 2014 show a six per cent growth in the number of travellers booking holidays in St Lucia when compared with the same period in 2013. A boost in arrivals from key source markets like the US, UK and Canada were key to the strong performance.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia is celebrating a recording breaking performance for its tourism industry in 2014 and given the impressive figures, officials expect to continue the trend into 2015.
According to the recently released statistics, there were approximately 340,000 travellers who travelled to St Lucia during 2014 - representing a six per cent growth year-on-year.
Notably, St. Lucia has also proven that it is more than just a seasonal holiday destination with seven record breaking months last year (February, March, April, June, October, November and December).
St. Lucia bolstered its position as a top holiday destination among its key markets. An increase in arrivals from the US, St. Lucia's largest source market, was key to the boost in figures in 2014 with an 11 per cent year-on-year growth. Arrivals from St. Lucia's second largest source market - the United Kingdom also saw a modest year-on-year growth with a four per cent increase while arrivals from Canada grew by an impressive 15 per cent.
Another factor that has helped to boost the popularity of St. Lucia among travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean has been the high profile accolades including being named the "Caribbean's Leading Honeymoon Destination" by the prestigious World Travel Awards as well as being listed in Travel and Leisure's World's Best List and Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List.
Additionally, St Lucia was selected as the destination for the finale of the popular US reality TV series The Bachelor and was also featured in Sport's Illustrated's 50th anniversary swimsuit issue.
Coupled with these awards and notable mentions, officials feel confident that events like the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival and the continued investment in developing the island's hotels will serve to ensure that St. Lucia continues to attract travellers from around the world.
"Partnership is key to keeping the momentum strong for Saint Lucia's marketing efforts. We work closely with our hotel and product partners, travel agent partners, tour operators, and airlines, to harness ideas and resources for the success of the overall destination."
Stated Loius Lewis St. Lucia's Director of Tourism for the St Lucia Tourist Board.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...