Palace Resorts announces March opening for new resort in Jamaica
Palace Resorts will be opening its first all inclusive resort in Jamaica in March, 2015, the hotel group's first resort outside of Mexico. The company acquired the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel in Ocho Rios last year and it has been undergoing extensive refurbishments to transform it into The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.
Palace Resorts will be opening its first ever property outside of Mexico next month on the Caribbean island of Jamaica.
The hotel group will open the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios in the north coast of Jamaica on 1st March, 2015 and its official opening will take place on 7th May, 2015 with a concert by Grammy-winner Shaggy.
Palace Resorts acquired the former Sunset Jamaica Grande in July, 2014 and it has been renovated to meet the hotel company's standards and according to Palace Resorts' Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kathy Halpern, nearly 1,000 former Sunset Jamaica Grande employees will be part of the staff at the new property.
"We went in as Palace not to make this resort 'Palace comes to Jamaica.' Instead we are coming to Jamaica, but we are embracing the Jamaican culture," Halpern explained.
The luxury beachfront resort will have more than 700 guest rooms and suites, as well as four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a spa with lavish treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
This will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
Palace Resorts operates a series of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating green hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing beach breaks, family escapes, tropical weddings, and romantic honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...