Palace Resorts announces March opening for new resort in Jamaica
Palace Resorts will be opening its first all inclusive resort in Jamaica in March, 2015, the hotel group's first resort outside of Mexico. The company acquired the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel in Ocho Rios last year and it has been undergoing extensive refurbishments to transform it into The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.
Palace Resorts will be opening its first ever property outside of Mexico next month on the Caribbean island of Jamaica.
The hotel group will open the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios in the north coast of Jamaica on 1st March, 2015 and its official opening will take place on 7th May, 2015 with a concert by Grammy-winner Shaggy.
Palace Resorts acquired the former Sunset Jamaica Grande in July, 2014 and it has been renovated to meet the hotel company's standards and according to Palace Resorts' Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kathy Halpern, nearly 1,000 former Sunset Jamaica Grande employees will be part of the staff at the new property.
"We went in as Palace not to make this resort 'Palace comes to Jamaica.' Instead we are coming to Jamaica, but we are embracing the Jamaican culture," Halpern explained.
The luxury beachfront resort will have more than 700 guest rooms and suites, as well as four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a spa with lavish treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
This will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
Palace Resorts operates a series of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating green hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing beach breaks, family escapes, tropical weddings, and romantic honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....