Palace Resorts announces March opening for new resort in Jamaica
Palace Resorts will be opening its first all inclusive resort in Jamaica in March, 2015, the hotel group's first resort outside of Mexico. The company acquired the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel in Ocho Rios last year and it has been undergoing extensive refurbishments to transform it into The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.
Palace Resorts will be opening its first ever property outside of Mexico next month on the Caribbean island of Jamaica.
The hotel group will open the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios in the north coast of Jamaica on 1st March, 2015 and its official opening will take place on 7th May, 2015 with a concert by Grammy-winner Shaggy.
Palace Resorts acquired the former Sunset Jamaica Grande in July, 2014 and it has been renovated to meet the hotel company's standards and according to Palace Resorts' Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kathy Halpern, nearly 1,000 former Sunset Jamaica Grande employees will be part of the staff at the new property.
"We went in as Palace not to make this resort 'Palace comes to Jamaica.' Instead we are coming to Jamaica, but we are embracing the Jamaican culture," Halpern explained.
The luxury beachfront resort will have more than 700 guest rooms and suites, as well as four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a spa with lavish treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
This will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
Palace Resorts operates a series of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating green hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing beach breaks, family escapes, tropical weddings, and romantic honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...