Palace Resorts announces March opening for new resort in Jamaica
Palace Resorts will be opening its first all inclusive resort in Jamaica in March, 2015, the hotel group's first resort outside of Mexico. The company acquired the Sunset Jamaica Grande hotel in Ocho Rios last year and it has been undergoing extensive refurbishments to transform it into The Moon Palace Jamaica Grande.
Palace Resorts will be opening its first ever property outside of Mexico next month on the Caribbean island of Jamaica.
The hotel group will open the Moon Palace Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios in the north coast of Jamaica on 1st March, 2015 and its official opening will take place on 7th May, 2015 with a concert by Grammy-winner Shaggy.
Palace Resorts acquired the former Sunset Jamaica Grande in July, 2014 and it has been renovated to meet the hotel company's standards and according to Palace Resorts' Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Kathy Halpern, nearly 1,000 former Sunset Jamaica Grande employees will be part of the staff at the new property.
"We went in as Palace not to make this resort 'Palace comes to Jamaica.' Instead we are coming to Jamaica, but we are embracing the Jamaican culture," Halpern explained.
The luxury beachfront resort will have more than 700 guest rooms and suites, as well as four swimming pools, a flow-rider attraction, a spa with lavish treatments and services, and a modern fitness centre.
This will be the second Moon Palace-branded resort for the hotel group who currently operates Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
Palace Resorts operates a series of five-star luxury all-inclusive resorts in destinations including Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Cozumel and Riviera Nayarit in Mexico.
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean Sea and it is one of the world's leading tourist destinations, with white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, majestic mountains, and lush undulating green hills and forests. Popular natural attractions include Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The island nation is renowned for its laid-back lifestyle, authentic gourmet cuisine, and being the homeland of the legendary reggae singer, Bob Marley. The country is a hotspot to enjoy relaxing beach breaks, family escapes, tropical weddings, and romantic honeymoons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...