Melia Hotels International plans expansions in Cuba
Melia Hotels International is planning to increase its investment on the island of Cuba after a successful 25 years of operating hotel in the country. The Spanish-based hotel group currently has 27 properties across the Caribbean island and it has new projects in the pipeline in regions such as Varadero and the offshore keys.
Melia Hotels International is planning to expand its portfolio in Cuba as it celebrates 25 years of operations in the country.
The Spanish hotel group currently operates 27 hotels and resorts across Cuba, and according to Melia Hotels International PR and Communications Chief, Elvira Ameijeiras, there are plans in the pipeline for new properties and refurbishments in Varadero and the island's offshore keys.
Mrs Ameijeiras said that a Family Concierge service will be introduced at the Paradisus Varadero Hotel late this year or in early 2016, and the Paradisus Cayo Santa Maria and Melia Trinidad will open in central Cuba.
The company's most anticipated opening in Cuba is the Melia Jardines del Rey located in one of the keys off the central Ciego de Avila province. The luxury beachfront resort will be the company's largest hotel on the island, in Cuba, and across the world. The 1,176-room property is situated on Flamenco Beach and in December last year, the east wing with 600 guest rooms opened to the public. The hotel is due to be completed and officially open in May this year.
Melia Hotels International operates approximately 350 hotels in 35 countries around the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group has 27 Melia hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, and Holguin.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is famous for its beautiful landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of stunning beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Popular holiday destinations include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort that is home to 20 kilometres of pristine white sand beaches and luxury beachfront resorts; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities with crystal clear ocean waters teeming with vibrant marine species; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco with unspoilt sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...