Melia Hotels International plans expansions in Cuba
Melia Hotels International is planning to increase its investment on the island of Cuba after a successful 25 years of operating hotel in the country. The Spanish-based hotel group currently has 27 properties across the Caribbean island and it has new projects in the pipeline in regions such as Varadero and the offshore keys.
Melia Hotels International is planning to expand its portfolio in Cuba as it celebrates 25 years of operations in the country.
The Spanish hotel group currently operates 27 hotels and resorts across Cuba, and according to Melia Hotels International PR and Communications Chief, Elvira Ameijeiras, there are plans in the pipeline for new properties and refurbishments in Varadero and the island's offshore keys.
Mrs Ameijeiras said that a Family Concierge service will be introduced at the Paradisus Varadero Hotel late this year or in early 2016, and the Paradisus Cayo Santa Maria and Melia Trinidad will open in central Cuba.
The company's most anticipated opening in Cuba is the Melia Jardines del Rey located in one of the keys off the central Ciego de Avila province. The luxury beachfront resort will be the company's largest hotel on the island, in Cuba, and across the world. The 1,176-room property is situated on Flamenco Beach and in December last year, the east wing with 600 guest rooms opened to the public. The hotel is due to be completed and officially open in May this year.
Melia Hotels International operates approximately 350 hotels in 35 countries around the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group has 27 Melia hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, and Holguin.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is famous for its beautiful landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of stunning beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Popular holiday destinations include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort that is home to 20 kilometres of pristine white sand beaches and luxury beachfront resorts; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities with crystal clear ocean waters teeming with vibrant marine species; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco with unspoilt sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...