Melia Hotels International plans expansions in Cuba
Melia Hotels International is planning to increase its investment on the island of Cuba after a successful 25 years of operating hotel in the country. The Spanish-based hotel group currently has 27 properties across the Caribbean island and it has new projects in the pipeline in regions such as Varadero and the offshore keys.
Melia Hotels International is planning to expand its portfolio in Cuba as it celebrates 25 years of operations in the country.
The Spanish hotel group currently operates 27 hotels and resorts across Cuba, and according to Melia Hotels International PR and Communications Chief, Elvira Ameijeiras, there are plans in the pipeline for new properties and refurbishments in Varadero and the island's offshore keys.
Mrs Ameijeiras said that a Family Concierge service will be introduced at the Paradisus Varadero Hotel late this year or in early 2016, and the Paradisus Cayo Santa Maria and Melia Trinidad will open in central Cuba.
The company's most anticipated opening in Cuba is the Melia Jardines del Rey located in one of the keys off the central Ciego de Avila province. The luxury beachfront resort will be the company's largest hotel on the island, in Cuba, and across the world. The 1,176-room property is situated on Flamenco Beach and in December last year, the east wing with 600 guest rooms opened to the public. The hotel is due to be completed and officially open in May this year.
Melia Hotels International operates approximately 350 hotels in 35 countries around the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group has 27 Melia hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, and Holguin.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is famous for its beautiful landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of stunning beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Popular holiday destinations include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort that is home to 20 kilometres of pristine white sand beaches and luxury beachfront resorts; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities with crystal clear ocean waters teeming with vibrant marine species; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco with unspoilt sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...