Melia Hotels International plans expansions in Cuba
Melia Hotels International is planning to increase its investment on the island of Cuba after a successful 25 years of operating hotel in the country. The Spanish-based hotel group currently has 27 properties across the Caribbean island and it has new projects in the pipeline in regions such as Varadero and the offshore keys.
Melia Hotels International is planning to expand its portfolio in Cuba as it celebrates 25 years of operations in the country.
The Spanish hotel group currently operates 27 hotels and resorts across Cuba, and according to Melia Hotels International PR and Communications Chief, Elvira Ameijeiras, there are plans in the pipeline for new properties and refurbishments in Varadero and the island's offshore keys.
Mrs Ameijeiras said that a Family Concierge service will be introduced at the Paradisus Varadero Hotel late this year or in early 2016, and the Paradisus Cayo Santa Maria and Melia Trinidad will open in central Cuba.
The company's most anticipated opening in Cuba is the Melia Jardines del Rey located in one of the keys off the central Ciego de Avila province. The luxury beachfront resort will be the company's largest hotel on the island, in Cuba, and across the world. The 1,176-room property is situated on Flamenco Beach and in December last year, the east wing with 600 guest rooms opened to the public. The hotel is due to be completed and officially open in May this year.
Melia Hotels International operates approximately 350 hotels in 35 countries around the world under its brands: Melia, Gran Melia, ME by Melia, Paradisus, Innside by Melia, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Melia.
The hotel group has 27 Melia hotels in Cuba in popular destinations including Havana, Varadero, Cayo Largo, Cayo Coco, and Holguin.
Cuba is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and it is famous for its beautiful landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of stunning beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Popular holiday destinations include Havana, the historic and vibrant capital city; Varadero, the coastal resort that is home to 20 kilometres of pristine white sand beaches and luxury beachfront resorts; Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities with crystal clear ocean waters teeming with vibrant marine species; and the virgin islands of Cayo Largo and Cayo Coco with unspoilt sugar sand beaches.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...