Hilton Hurghada Plaza becomes first Middle East Hilton hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has become the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive Green Globe Certification. The five-star hotel overlooks the Red Sea in Egypt and has its own private beach and it implements environmentally-friendly and sustainable practices throughout the luxury property.
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has received the coveted Green Globe Certification, making it the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive the status.
The five-star hotel in Egypt has a private beach for guests and the property implements environmentally sustainable practices throughout.
Mehdi Othmani, the hotel's General Manager, commented:
"We look at this award as recognition of the progressive and sustainable environmental operating policies that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been pursuing for the past few years."
"It is not only a great motivation for myself and for my amazing team but at the same time it recognises the commitment of every individual to carry out their work in a quality minded, responsible and sustainable way."
Hilton Hurghada Plaza's green efforts were recognised at the 2014 World Travel Awards in London last November when the luxury hotel scooped two awards for Africa's Leading Green Hotel and also Egypt's Leading Green Hotel.
Green Globe is the official global certification for sustainable tourism and its members are awarded for their energy and water-saving efforts and promotion of environmentally friendly ethics.
Hilton Worldwide now operates more than 20 Egypt hotels in destinations including Sharm El Sheikh, Cairo, Nuweiba, Luxor, Alexandria, Dahab, Taba, Marsa Alam, and Hurghada.
Hurghada is a coastal region in Egypt's Red Sea that has becoming increasingly popular because of its wide choice of excellent diving sites and warm, crystal clear ocean waters where scuba divers and snorkellers can swim alongside an array of stunning marine life in the Red Sea.
Each year, millions of international tourists visit Egypt to explore the country's incredible historical offerings. Holidaymakers can take cruises up the River Nile and visit ancient temples such as the Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple, and Valley of the Kings. The renowned pyramids can be found in Giza on the outskirts of Cairo, and the largest Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Khufu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Take in magnificent views of the Nile, visit the Karnak Temple and explore the town of Luxor whilst staying in comfort.
- Wide choice of restaurants will please everyone: enjoy the sunset at Sundowner Terrace located direct to the Nile
- A beautiful setting on the banks of the Nile, just 3km from Karnak Temple, and 18km from the airport
- Wonderful for sports enthusiasts, who can combine the wonder of Luxor with an opportunity to play many different sports
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Cruise on the world's longest river with 7000 years of history while enjoying 21st century comfort on the cruise liner featuring superb amenities.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment at the Lounge with its resident DJ, drinks and dancing.
- The Cruise allows you to discover the stunning sights and attractions of the River Nile in comfort.
- The hotel ship offers a comprehensive program of sightseeing which is accompanied by an expert guide.
Relax and benefit from the fabulous architecture of The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers
- Enjoy luxury accommodations with spectacular views of Red Sea
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Oberoi Spa treatments
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Surprise yourself with a holiday on the shores of the Red Sea at Hurghada, one of Egypt's most sought-sfter resort...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...