Hilton Hurghada Plaza becomes first Middle East Hilton hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has become the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive Green Globe Certification. The five-star hotel overlooks the Red Sea in Egypt and has its own private beach and it implements environmentally-friendly and sustainable practices throughout the luxury property.
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has received the coveted Green Globe Certification, making it the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive the status.
The five-star hotel in Egypt has a private beach for guests and the property implements environmentally sustainable practices throughout.
Mehdi Othmani, the hotel's General Manager, commented:
"We look at this award as recognition of the progressive and sustainable environmental operating policies that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been pursuing for the past few years."
"It is not only a great motivation for myself and for my amazing team but at the same time it recognises the commitment of every individual to carry out their work in a quality minded, responsible and sustainable way."
Hilton Hurghada Plaza's green efforts were recognised at the 2014 World Travel Awards in London last November when the luxury hotel scooped two awards for Africa's Leading Green Hotel and also Egypt's Leading Green Hotel.
Green Globe is the official global certification for sustainable tourism and its members are awarded for their energy and water-saving efforts and promotion of environmentally friendly ethics.
Hilton Worldwide now operates more than 20 Egypt hotels in destinations including Sharm El Sheikh, Cairo, Nuweiba, Luxor, Alexandria, Dahab, Taba, Marsa Alam, and Hurghada.
Hurghada is a coastal region in Egypt's Red Sea that has becoming increasingly popular because of its wide choice of excellent diving sites and warm, crystal clear ocean waters where scuba divers and snorkellers can swim alongside an array of stunning marine life in the Red Sea.
Each year, millions of international tourists visit Egypt to explore the country's incredible historical offerings. Holidaymakers can take cruises up the River Nile and visit ancient temples such as the Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple, and Valley of the Kings. The renowned pyramids can be found in Giza on the outskirts of Cairo, and the largest Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Khufu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...