Hilton Hurghada Plaza becomes first Middle East Hilton hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has become the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive Green Globe Certification. The five-star hotel overlooks the Red Sea in Egypt and has its own private beach and it implements environmentally-friendly and sustainable practices throughout the luxury property.
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has received the coveted Green Globe Certification, making it the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive the status.
The five-star hotel in Egypt has a private beach for guests and the property implements environmentally sustainable practices throughout.
Mehdi Othmani, the hotel's General Manager, commented:
"We look at this award as recognition of the progressive and sustainable environmental operating policies that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been pursuing for the past few years."
"It is not only a great motivation for myself and for my amazing team but at the same time it recognises the commitment of every individual to carry out their work in a quality minded, responsible and sustainable way."
Hilton Hurghada Plaza's green efforts were recognised at the 2014 World Travel Awards in London last November when the luxury hotel scooped two awards for Africa's Leading Green Hotel and also Egypt's Leading Green Hotel.
Green Globe is the official global certification for sustainable tourism and its members are awarded for their energy and water-saving efforts and promotion of environmentally friendly ethics.
Hilton Worldwide now operates more than 20 Egypt hotels in destinations including Sharm El Sheikh, Cairo, Nuweiba, Luxor, Alexandria, Dahab, Taba, Marsa Alam, and Hurghada.
Hurghada is a coastal region in Egypt's Red Sea that has becoming increasingly popular because of its wide choice of excellent diving sites and warm, crystal clear ocean waters where scuba divers and snorkellers can swim alongside an array of stunning marine life in the Red Sea.
Each year, millions of international tourists visit Egypt to explore the country's incredible historical offerings. Holidaymakers can take cruises up the River Nile and visit ancient temples such as the Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple, and Valley of the Kings. The renowned pyramids can be found in Giza on the outskirts of Cairo, and the largest Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Khufu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...