Hilton Hurghada Plaza becomes first Middle East Hilton hotel to receive Green Globe Certification
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has become the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive Green Globe Certification. The five-star hotel overlooks the Red Sea in Egypt and has its own private beach and it implements environmentally-friendly and sustainable practices throughout the luxury property.
The Hilton Hurghada Plaza has received the coveted Green Globe Certification, making it the first Hilton Hotel in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to receive the status.
The five-star hotel in Egypt has a private beach for guests and the property implements environmentally sustainable practices throughout.
Mehdi Othmani, the hotel's General Manager, commented:
"We look at this award as recognition of the progressive and sustainable environmental operating policies that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been pursuing for the past few years."
"It is not only a great motivation for myself and for my amazing team but at the same time it recognises the commitment of every individual to carry out their work in a quality minded, responsible and sustainable way."
Hilton Hurghada Plaza's green efforts were recognised at the 2014 World Travel Awards in London last November when the luxury hotel scooped two awards for Africa's Leading Green Hotel and also Egypt's Leading Green Hotel.
Green Globe is the official global certification for sustainable tourism and its members are awarded for their energy and water-saving efforts and promotion of environmentally friendly ethics.
Hilton Worldwide now operates more than 20 Egypt hotels in destinations including Sharm El Sheikh, Cairo, Nuweiba, Luxor, Alexandria, Dahab, Taba, Marsa Alam, and Hurghada.
Hurghada is a coastal region in Egypt's Red Sea that has becoming increasingly popular because of its wide choice of excellent diving sites and warm, crystal clear ocean waters where scuba divers and snorkellers can swim alongside an array of stunning marine life in the Red Sea.
Each year, millions of international tourists visit Egypt to explore the country's incredible historical offerings. Holidaymakers can take cruises up the River Nile and visit ancient temples such as the Temple of Karnak, Luxor Temple, and Valley of the Kings. The renowned pyramids can be found in Giza on the outskirts of Cairo, and the largest Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Khufu.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Stay on the MS Royal VIking before a stay at the luxurious Sonesta St. George Luxor
- Sail the Nile in luxurious style onboard the newest, most magnificent floating hotel on the River Nile
- This cruise and hotel combine perfectly for a fantastic holiday
- Five star splendour on the banks of the Nile at Sonesta St. George Luxor
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
M/S Royal Viking Itinerary (7 nights) Day One (Monday) Meet & assist al Luxor airport by our local representative....
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...