Patina Hotels and Resorts to open new resort in the Maldives
Patina Hotels and Resorts and Telos Investment have signed an agreement to operate The Patina, Thanburudhoo in the Maldives. The luxury resort is located in North Male Atoll and will be designed by the award-winning architect Kerry Hill, and will feature 40 overwater villas and 30 villas by the beach and gardens.
Patina Hotels and Resorts and Telos Investment have announced that they have signed a joint agreement to operate a new resort in the Maldives.
The Patina, Thanburudhoo, Maldives is located in the North Male Atoll, 12km from the capital Male, and it will be accessible by a 20-minute speedboat ride.
The luxury beachfront resort will be designed by the award-winning architect Kerry Hill, and will feature 40 overwater villas and 30 villas by the beach and in tropical gardens. Each villa offers privacy and breathtaking views, as well as a private swimming pool and a room where guests can sleep under the stars.
Facilities include a Surf Centre, Dive School, a Spa with a wide range of lavish treatments, a swimming pool, a Yoga and Pilates fitness studio, a cooking school, a Children's Club, a Library Club lounge with a screening room, and wide range of gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
Marc Dardenne, the Chief Eexecutive of Patina Hotels and Resorts, stated:
"We are proud and excited to launch our first resort in the Maldives as our partner, Telos Investment, shares the same values and goals as us. The Patina, Thanburudhoo Maldives, will present an unmatched hospitality experience for our guests.
He also explained:
"We are delighted to work with a leading architect, Kerry Hill, on this product that is like no other. Surfers, amateurs and professional alike, will be delighted by our island's spectacular world-class waves."
The Patina, Thanburudhoo Maldives is situated on the south of the island close to two world-class surfing waves. Guests will receive personalised coaching and guided with the Surf Concierge at The Patina, Thanburudhoo.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....