Patina Hotels and Resorts to open new resort in the Maldives
Patina Hotels and Resorts and Telos Investment have signed an agreement to operate The Patina, Thanburudhoo in the Maldives. The luxury resort is located in North Male Atoll and will be designed by the award-winning architect Kerry Hill, and will feature 40 overwater villas and 30 villas by the beach and gardens.
Patina Hotels and Resorts and Telos Investment have announced that they have signed a joint agreement to operate a new resort in the Maldives.
The Patina, Thanburudhoo, Maldives is located in the North Male Atoll, 12km from the capital Male, and it will be accessible by a 20-minute speedboat ride.
The luxury beachfront resort will be designed by the award-winning architect Kerry Hill, and will feature 40 overwater villas and 30 villas by the beach and in tropical gardens. Each villa offers privacy and breathtaking views, as well as a private swimming pool and a room where guests can sleep under the stars.
Facilities include a Surf Centre, Dive School, a Spa with a wide range of lavish treatments, a swimming pool, a Yoga and Pilates fitness studio, a cooking school, a Children's Club, a Library Club lounge with a screening room, and wide range of gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
Marc Dardenne, the Chief Eexecutive of Patina Hotels and Resorts, stated:
"We are proud and excited to launch our first resort in the Maldives as our partner, Telos Investment, shares the same values and goals as us. The Patina, Thanburudhoo Maldives, will present an unmatched hospitality experience for our guests.
He also explained:
"We are delighted to work with a leading architect, Kerry Hill, on this product that is like no other. Surfers, amateurs and professional alike, will be delighted by our island's spectacular world-class waves."
The Patina, Thanburudhoo Maldives is situated on the south of the island close to two world-class surfing waves. Guests will receive personalised coaching and guided with the Surf Concierge at The Patina, Thanburudhoo.
The Maldives is an archipelago in the Indian Ocean spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
Holidaymakers can enjoy snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through verdant forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters teeming with diverse marine life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...