Radisson to mark debut in Dominican Republic with new hotel in March
Radisson has announced that it will be marking its debut in the Dominican Republic with the opening of a brand new hotel in the capital Santo Domingo. The property will be situated in the commercial and business district and will have 190 guest rooms and will following the company's expansion into the Caribbean after recent openings in Barbados and Grenada.
Radisson will be expanding its portfolio in the very near future after it announced it will be opening its first ever property in the Caribbean.
The hotel will be located in the commercial district of the capital of Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, and will is scheduled to open in March, 2015.
The new luxury hotel will have 190 guest rooms but the hotel group has not yet released its name of details of facilities.
In press release Javier Rosenberg, the Chief Operating Officer of Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Americas, explained:
"We are pleased to announce the signing of this modern and recently renovated hotel, marking our entrance into the Dominican Republic. We continue to see strong momentum in our growth as a powerful, globally consistent, first class-brand complemented by our 'Yes I Can!' service spirit."
Located in the city's commercial and business district, close to the Santo Domingo baseball stadium, National Theatre, and the Cultural Plaza, the hotel will feature a restaurant and bar, business centre, modern fitness centre, as well as free high-speed Internet.
Owned by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the hotel brand's expansion in the Caribbean follows the recent opening of properties in Barbados and Grenada.
Radisson operates 155 hotels positioned in major urban and suburban settings, tourist destinations, airports, and business districts across the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Caribbean.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group owns hotels under the following brands: Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu®, Radisson Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inns and Suites By Carlson.
The city of Santo Domingo is divided by the Ozama River and features old Victorian houses, tree-lined streets, luxury hotels, casinos, historic monuments, and tourist attractions such as Columbus's Lighthouse, where the explorer's remains are buried; the open caves of the Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos; and the National Aquarium.
The Colonial Zone features several examples of 15th and 16th century architecture; beautiful churches, cathedrals and convents including the Iglesia Regina Angelorum and the Convento de los Dominicos; and museums such as Alcazar de Colon, Museum of Duarte and the Museo del Ron Dominicano which turns into a rum bar at night.
The Dominican Republic is a nation on the tropical island of Hispaniola located in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to the nation of Haiti.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Live it up and Enjoy a stay at the brand new Now Onyx Punta Cana, perfectly located on a pristine beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...