St Barth's boutique hotel debuts new look
St Barth's only full-service boutique hotel has debuted its new identity as Le Guanahani with fresh interiors, a new lobby and the addition of five exclusive suites. Working with a team of internationally renowned architects and designers, the $40 million revamp reflects the hotel's lush surroundings and French and Creole influences.
Luxury resort Hotel Le Guanahani and Spa, the only full-service boutique hotel on the Caribbean island of St Barth, has changed its name to Le Guanahani as it unveils a fresh new look and five additional suites in keeping with the isle's tropical terrain and French and Creole influences.
With the help of renowned international architects and designers, the resort has undergone a four-year $40 million revamp that includes a custom furniture range and interiors inspired by the Panama hat.
Le Guanahani, which features 67 colourful and luxurious cottages, 36 of which are suites, is located on an exclusive 18-acre peninsula on the northeast tip of the island, between Marigot Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac, with access to two white sand beaches. The new look West Indian-style cottages include 'Creole Contemporary' and 'Explorer' styles with five new grand villas designed exclusively by interiors specialists Luis Pons Design Lab. Luis Pons explained:
"We wanted to have the interiors of the suites reflect the property's lush surroundings, blending the two seamlessly, using functionality, elegance, and lightness. The Panama hat is the perfect example of function and style, and it's the embodiment of hospitality, as tipping your hat is a welcoming gesture."
The suites exhibit Luis Pons' custom furniture collection, created especially for Le Guanahani, and was inspired by the luggage chests used by explorers on their journeys through the colonies. Similar pieces can be custom-ordered for guests. The new spacious Admiral Suite is inspired by the legacy of exploration that brought Christopher Columbus to St. Barth in 1493. Set at the tip of the peninsula with sweeping views of Grand Cul-de-Sac, the villa features a wrap-around deck overlooking the lagoon and a Jacuzzi tub flanked by a picture-window perspective on the Atlantic Ocean.
The resort-wide refresh includes an enhanced arrival experience to appeal to luxury travellers. The new lobby will be at the heart of the hotel, welcoming guests to a comfortable, relaxed setting featuring a lighter colour palette that showcases the open-air architecture.
Le Guanahani's Managing Director, Martein van Wagenberg, commented:
"Today's travellers seek a refreshing experience led by simple pleasures, conspicuous leisure, dedication to sustainability, and an authentic, localized experience. The evolution of Le Guanahani responds to this need for experiential travel.
We want our guests to be transported into Le Guanahani's colourful, lush, invigorating and serene setting, from the moment their eyes meet the website to dinner on the beach with their feet in the sand."
All rooms and suites offer private terraces, and many of them feature private pools. The hotel's signature restaurants, Indigo and Bartolomeo, serve up refined Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The hotel's spa by luxury cosmetics brand Clarins comes complete with rejuvenating signature treatments and a salon by Frederic Fekkai, all set amid lush tropical gardens of coconut and hibiscus trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...