St Barth's boutique hotel debuts new look
St Barth's only full-service boutique hotel has debuted its new identity as Le Guanahani with fresh interiors, a new lobby and the addition of five exclusive suites. Working with a team of internationally renowned architects and designers, the $40 million revamp reflects the hotel's lush surroundings and French and Creole influences.
Luxury resort Hotel Le Guanahani and Spa, the only full-service boutique hotel on the Caribbean island of St Barth, has changed its name to Le Guanahani as it unveils a fresh new look and five additional suites in keeping with the isle's tropical terrain and French and Creole influences.
With the help of renowned international architects and designers, the resort has undergone a four-year $40 million revamp that includes a custom furniture range and interiors inspired by the Panama hat.
Le Guanahani, which features 67 colourful and luxurious cottages, 36 of which are suites, is located on an exclusive 18-acre peninsula on the northeast tip of the island, between Marigot Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac, with access to two white sand beaches. The new look West Indian-style cottages include 'Creole Contemporary' and 'Explorer' styles with five new grand villas designed exclusively by interiors specialists Luis Pons Design Lab. Luis Pons explained:
"We wanted to have the interiors of the suites reflect the property's lush surroundings, blending the two seamlessly, using functionality, elegance, and lightness. The Panama hat is the perfect example of function and style, and it's the embodiment of hospitality, as tipping your hat is a welcoming gesture."
The suites exhibit Luis Pons' custom furniture collection, created especially for Le Guanahani, and was inspired by the luggage chests used by explorers on their journeys through the colonies. Similar pieces can be custom-ordered for guests. The new spacious Admiral Suite is inspired by the legacy of exploration that brought Christopher Columbus to St. Barth in 1493. Set at the tip of the peninsula with sweeping views of Grand Cul-de-Sac, the villa features a wrap-around deck overlooking the lagoon and a Jacuzzi tub flanked by a picture-window perspective on the Atlantic Ocean.
The resort-wide refresh includes an enhanced arrival experience to appeal to luxury travellers. The new lobby will be at the heart of the hotel, welcoming guests to a comfortable, relaxed setting featuring a lighter colour palette that showcases the open-air architecture.
Le Guanahani's Managing Director, Martein van Wagenberg, commented:
"Today's travellers seek a refreshing experience led by simple pleasures, conspicuous leisure, dedication to sustainability, and an authentic, localized experience. The evolution of Le Guanahani responds to this need for experiential travel.
We want our guests to be transported into Le Guanahani's colourful, lush, invigorating and serene setting, from the moment their eyes meet the website to dinner on the beach with their feet in the sand."
All rooms and suites offer private terraces, and many of them feature private pools. The hotel's signature restaurants, Indigo and Bartolomeo, serve up refined Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The hotel's spa by luxury cosmetics brand Clarins comes complete with rejuvenating signature treatments and a salon by Frederic Fekkai, all set amid lush tropical gardens of coconut and hibiscus trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...