St Barth's boutique hotel debuts new look
St Barth's only full-service boutique hotel has debuted its new identity as Le Guanahani with fresh interiors, a new lobby and the addition of five exclusive suites. Working with a team of internationally renowned architects and designers, the $40 million revamp reflects the hotel's lush surroundings and French and Creole influences.
Luxury resort Hotel Le Guanahani and Spa, the only full-service boutique hotel on the Caribbean island of St Barth, has changed its name to Le Guanahani as it unveils a fresh new look and five additional suites in keeping with the isle's tropical terrain and French and Creole influences.
With the help of renowned international architects and designers, the resort has undergone a four-year $40 million revamp that includes a custom furniture range and interiors inspired by the Panama hat.
Le Guanahani, which features 67 colourful and luxurious cottages, 36 of which are suites, is located on an exclusive 18-acre peninsula on the northeast tip of the island, between Marigot Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac, with access to two white sand beaches. The new look West Indian-style cottages include 'Creole Contemporary' and 'Explorer' styles with five new grand villas designed exclusively by interiors specialists Luis Pons Design Lab. Luis Pons explained:
"We wanted to have the interiors of the suites reflect the property's lush surroundings, blending the two seamlessly, using functionality, elegance, and lightness. The Panama hat is the perfect example of function and style, and it's the embodiment of hospitality, as tipping your hat is a welcoming gesture."
The suites exhibit Luis Pons' custom furniture collection, created especially for Le Guanahani, and was inspired by the luggage chests used by explorers on their journeys through the colonies. Similar pieces can be custom-ordered for guests. The new spacious Admiral Suite is inspired by the legacy of exploration that brought Christopher Columbus to St. Barth in 1493. Set at the tip of the peninsula with sweeping views of Grand Cul-de-Sac, the villa features a wrap-around deck overlooking the lagoon and a Jacuzzi tub flanked by a picture-window perspective on the Atlantic Ocean.
The resort-wide refresh includes an enhanced arrival experience to appeal to luxury travellers. The new lobby will be at the heart of the hotel, welcoming guests to a comfortable, relaxed setting featuring a lighter colour palette that showcases the open-air architecture.
Le Guanahani's Managing Director, Martein van Wagenberg, commented:
"Today's travellers seek a refreshing experience led by simple pleasures, conspicuous leisure, dedication to sustainability, and an authentic, localized experience. The evolution of Le Guanahani responds to this need for experiential travel.
We want our guests to be transported into Le Guanahani's colourful, lush, invigorating and serene setting, from the moment their eyes meet the website to dinner on the beach with their feet in the sand."
All rooms and suites offer private terraces, and many of them feature private pools. The hotel's signature restaurants, Indigo and Bartolomeo, serve up refined Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The hotel's spa by luxury cosmetics brand Clarins comes complete with rejuvenating signature treatments and a salon by Frederic Fekkai, all set amid lush tropical gardens of coconut and hibiscus trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...