St Barth's boutique hotel debuts new look
St Barth's only full-service boutique hotel has debuted its new identity as Le Guanahani with fresh interiors, a new lobby and the addition of five exclusive suites. Working with a team of internationally renowned architects and designers, the $40 million revamp reflects the hotel's lush surroundings and French and Creole influences.
Luxury resort Hotel Le Guanahani and Spa, the only full-service boutique hotel on the Caribbean island of St Barth, has changed its name to Le Guanahani as it unveils a fresh new look and five additional suites in keeping with the isle's tropical terrain and French and Creole influences.
With the help of renowned international architects and designers, the resort has undergone a four-year $40 million revamp that includes a custom furniture range and interiors inspired by the Panama hat.
Le Guanahani, which features 67 colourful and luxurious cottages, 36 of which are suites, is located on an exclusive 18-acre peninsula on the northeast tip of the island, between Marigot Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac, with access to two white sand beaches. The new look West Indian-style cottages include 'Creole Contemporary' and 'Explorer' styles with five new grand villas designed exclusively by interiors specialists Luis Pons Design Lab. Luis Pons explained:
"We wanted to have the interiors of the suites reflect the property's lush surroundings, blending the two seamlessly, using functionality, elegance, and lightness. The Panama hat is the perfect example of function and style, and it's the embodiment of hospitality, as tipping your hat is a welcoming gesture."
The suites exhibit Luis Pons' custom furniture collection, created especially for Le Guanahani, and was inspired by the luggage chests used by explorers on their journeys through the colonies. Similar pieces can be custom-ordered for guests. The new spacious Admiral Suite is inspired by the legacy of exploration that brought Christopher Columbus to St. Barth in 1493. Set at the tip of the peninsula with sweeping views of Grand Cul-de-Sac, the villa features a wrap-around deck overlooking the lagoon and a Jacuzzi tub flanked by a picture-window perspective on the Atlantic Ocean.
The resort-wide refresh includes an enhanced arrival experience to appeal to luxury travellers. The new lobby will be at the heart of the hotel, welcoming guests to a comfortable, relaxed setting featuring a lighter colour palette that showcases the open-air architecture.
Le Guanahani's Managing Director, Martein van Wagenberg, commented:
"Today's travellers seek a refreshing experience led by simple pleasures, conspicuous leisure, dedication to sustainability, and an authentic, localized experience. The evolution of Le Guanahani responds to this need for experiential travel.
We want our guests to be transported into Le Guanahani's colourful, lush, invigorating and serene setting, from the moment their eyes meet the website to dinner on the beach with their feet in the sand."
All rooms and suites offer private terraces, and many of them feature private pools. The hotel's signature restaurants, Indigo and Bartolomeo, serve up refined Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The hotel's spa by luxury cosmetics brand Clarins comes complete with rejuvenating signature treatments and a salon by Frederic Fekkai, all set amid lush tropical gardens of coconut and hibiscus trees.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...