Internet searches for Cuba hotels made by Americans increase massively
Americans' internet searches for hotels in Cuba carried have increased by 180 per cent since President Obama announced in December that the on-going travel restrictions will be eased in the very near future. According to Trivago.co.uk, searches to Cuba made my UK users also increased by 42 per cent over the recent weeks.
The number of Americans searching for hotels in Cuba has risen by 180 per cent, following President Obama’s recent announcement.
The U.S president announced in December that restrictions on travel to Cuba would be eased for American residents in the near future, resulting in a surge in people looking for accommodation in the Caribbean country.
According to hotel search website Trivago.co.uk, U.S searches for the capital Havana increased by 206 per cent and the beach resort of Varadero increased by 166 per cent.
Searches made by UK users planning visits to Cuba have also increased by 42 per cent over recent weeks, Italy by 30 per cent, France by 26 per cent, and Spain by 12 percent.
Denise Bartlett, Trivago UK Public Relations, explained:
“Although it is unlikely the US travel restrictions will be lifted within the next three months, a preliminary increase in hotel searches made by US users indicates the likelihood of strong travel interest in the future.”
“The presence of Cuba in the media also prompted an increase in searches from other countries, in particular the UK, Italy, France and Spain. There has been some speculation in the media that now could be the prime time to visit Cuba – perhaps visitors from these countries are keen to visit before the country undergoes what could be a dramatic change.”
The new regulations will allow American residents to travel to Cuba for many reasons, such as visiting family, education and religion, without the need of a special license from the U.S. government, but general tourism will remain banned.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation that is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...