Internet searches for Cuba hotels made by Americans increase massively
Americans' internet searches for hotels in Cuba carried have increased by 180 per cent since President Obama announced in December that the on-going travel restrictions will be eased in the very near future. According to Trivago.co.uk, searches to Cuba made my UK users also increased by 42 per cent over the recent weeks.
The number of Americans searching for hotels in Cuba has risen by 180 per cent, following President Obama’s recent announcement.
The U.S president announced in December that restrictions on travel to Cuba would be eased for American residents in the near future, resulting in a surge in people looking for accommodation in the Caribbean country.
According to hotel search website Trivago.co.uk, U.S searches for the capital Havana increased by 206 per cent and the beach resort of Varadero increased by 166 per cent.
Searches made by UK users planning visits to Cuba have also increased by 42 per cent over recent weeks, Italy by 30 per cent, France by 26 per cent, and Spain by 12 percent.
Denise Bartlett, Trivago UK Public Relations, explained:
“Although it is unlikely the US travel restrictions will be lifted within the next three months, a preliminary increase in hotel searches made by US users indicates the likelihood of strong travel interest in the future.”
“The presence of Cuba in the media also prompted an increase in searches from other countries, in particular the UK, Italy, France and Spain. There has been some speculation in the media that now could be the prime time to visit Cuba – perhaps visitors from these countries are keen to visit before the country undergoes what could be a dramatic change.”
The new regulations will allow American residents to travel to Cuba for many reasons, such as visiting family, education and religion, without the need of a special license from the U.S. government, but general tourism will remain banned.
Located in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation that is famous for its stunning natural landscapes and historic towns and cities. The island boasts miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...