Two Memories Resorts & Spa hotels in the Caribbean are awarded Green Globe Certification
Memories Resorts & Spa is celebrating Green Globe certification on two of its luxury properties in the Caribbean. Memories Grand Bahama Beach & Casino Resort and Memories Splash Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic have both been awarded the coveted certificate for implementing and maintaining sustainable practices.
Two Memories Resort & Spa properties in the Caribbean have been awarded Green Globe Certification.
Memories Grand Bahama Beach & Casino Resort and Memories Splash Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic were awarded the coveted certification for their sustainable practices and operations.
Both of the luxury Caribbean resorts have conservation programmes in place such as solar energy, an onsite compost area, extensive recycling, and the donation of surplus food waste to local farmers.
Guido Bauer, the CEO of Green Globe, explained:
“We applaud Memories Grand Bahama and Memories Splash Punta Cana for their commitment to making positive contributions to the local community and the planet.”
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification that is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are proven to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Bahama Beach & Casino Resort is located on the white-sand Lucayan beach on the island of Grand Bahama, just half a mile from Freeport. The luxury beachfront resort has upscale facilities including a full service health complex and spa; a 35,000-square-feet 24-hour Vegas-style casino with slot machines and gaming tables; an onsite Splash Pad with slides for kids, a supervised kids club, and a Teens Club for younger visitors aged between 13 and 17; and a unique swimming pool with water slide that has been built around a stone sugar mill.
Memories Splash Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is close to the famous Bavaro Beach and it has its own Splash Water Park, which includes splash pads, spray grounds, tubes, a wave pool and seven thrilling monster water slides, as well as a spa, five gourmet restaurants, three swimming pools, and kid’s clubs.
Memories Resorts & Spa operates luxury all inclusive resorts in the Bahamas, Cuba and the Dominican Republic that cater for families, couples, and newlyweds.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...