New Marriott hotel to become first LEED certified building in Jamaica
The new Marriott Hotel in New Kingston will be the first LEED certified building in Jamaica when it opens this year. The 130-room Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston will set a high standard in energy conservation and environmental sustainability and the project is said to cost approximately $22 million.
A new Marriott hotel will be the first LEED certified building in Jamaica when it opens this year.
The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica will set a high standard for environmental sustainability, water efficiency and energy conservation after it was funded a multi-million dollar loan from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the World Bank to Caribe Hospitality SA for the Caribe Hospitality Kingston programme.
With 130 guest rooms, the luxury hotel will be the first property on the Caribbean island to be certified by LEED which stands for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, a green building programme that has been implemented by the US Green Building Council.
Luis Alberto Moreno, the IDB President, stated:
“This innovative project clearly reflects the confidence of its investors that Jamaica is a good place to conduct business.”
The cost of the development is expected to be approximately $20 millions and it will set the standard to attract additional international brands to Jamaica.
Jamaica is a tropical island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country’s breathtaking natural scenery and sites.
Tourists can explore the island’s natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice tourists to the tropical island.
In 2013, the island nation received more than two million visitors; a significant increase compared to 1.3 million visitors, more than a decade ago in 2003.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...