New Marriott hotel to become first LEED certified building in Jamaica
The new Marriott Hotel in New Kingston will be the first LEED certified building in Jamaica when it opens this year. The 130-room Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston will set a high standard in energy conservation and environmental sustainability and the project is said to cost approximately $22 million.
A new Marriott hotel will be the first LEED certified building in Jamaica when it opens this year.
The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica will set a high standard for environmental sustainability, water efficiency and energy conservation after it was funded a multi-million dollar loan from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the World Bank to Caribe Hospitality SA for the Caribe Hospitality Kingston programme.
With 130 guest rooms, the luxury hotel will be the first property on the Caribbean island to be certified by LEED which stands for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, a green building programme that has been implemented by the US Green Building Council.
Luis Alberto Moreno, the IDB President, stated:
“This innovative project clearly reflects the confidence of its investors that Jamaica is a good place to conduct business.”
The cost of the development is expected to be approximately $20 millions and it will set the standard to attract additional international brands to Jamaica.
Jamaica is a tropical island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm turquoise ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country’s breathtaking natural scenery and sites.
Tourists can explore the island’s natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice tourists to the tropical island.
In 2013, the island nation received more than two million visitors; a significant increase compared to 1.3 million visitors, more than a decade ago in 2003.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...