Gansevoort Playa Imbert opens in the Dominican Republic
Gansevoort Playa Imbert has officially opened in the Dominican Republic. Located in Cabarete on the north coast of the island nation, the luxury resort has 48 suites, apartments and penthouses, plus facilities such as a three-tiered infinity pool, gourmet restaurants, and the underground La Cantina Wine + Cigar Cellar.
Gansevoort has officially launched its second hotel in the Caribbean with the opening of the Gansevoort Playa Imbert.
The luxury resort is located in Cabarete on the north coast of the Dominican Republic and boasts 48 suites made up of one and two-bedroom lofts; several three-bedroom apartments with private plunge pools and spacious terraces; and four-bedroom penthouses with private rooftop Jacuzzis and floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of the sparkling ocean.
Guests can enjoy upscale facilities at the luxury beachfront resort such as a three-tiered infinity pool that looks out over the crescent-shaped beach; gourmet restaurants including Baia Lounge with Mediterranean and Asian-inspired cuisine; and the underground La Cantina Wine + Cigar Cellar that features a large collection of wines from all over the globe and a fully-stocked humidor.
In spring this year, the hotel will be adding a new adults-only swimming pool, a fitness centre, and a tranquil day spa with a Hammam-style sauna, and a meditation and yoga garden.
The Gansevoort Hotel Group made its debut in the Caribbean with the opening of Gansevoort Turks and Caicos and the company is planning to open another resort in the Dominican Republic next year with the launch of the Aman Playa Grande.
The Dominican Republic is a nation located on the tropical island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean Sea. The country occupies the eastern two thirds of the island and the remaining third belongs to Haiti.
The country is a popular tourist destination due to its tropical climate, and beautiful natural scenery made up of white sand beaches fringed with swaying palm trees, cobalt ocean waters; undulating green hills and winding valleys, rivers, lakes and cascading waterfalls, and soaring mountain ranges.
Popular with golfers, the nation has 18 professional golf courses and more than 350 holes, with 57 of them offering beautiful sea views.
Holidaymakers can enjoy activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking, windsurfing, whale watching and sailing activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
Unveil a secret made just for two in a luxurious Dominican enclave
- Each room offers comfortable bedding, daily refreshed mini bar, a terrace or balcony with exterior Jacuzzi, flat screen TV and so much more
- Take advantage of the Dine-Around option available at the hotel's sister property Now Larimar Punta Cana
- Set beside a perfect palm fringed beach, on the east coast of the Dominican Republic
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of the Dominican Republic where the amazing beaches of Juan Dolio await you. Also...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...