Sir Bani Yas Island named World's Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination at World Travel Awards 2014
Sir Bani Yas Island has been named the World's Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination at the World Travel Awards 2014. The dedicated nature reserve is located on an island off the shores of Abu Dhabi and is home to more than 13,000 animals and birds, as well as luxury resorts managed by Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas.
The dedicated nature reserve Sir Bani Yas Island has been named as the World’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination at the World Travel Awards 2014 Grand Final Ceremony at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla.
The 87-square kilometre island is located 100 km southwest off the shores of Abu Dhabi City and is a nature-based tourist destination developed by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Development & Investment Company.
The island was initially developed into a wildlife reserve by Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the late president of the United Arab Emirates, and it is now home to a 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 13,000 wild animals and birds as a result of dedicated environmental and conservation efforts.
Ali Majed Al Mansoori, the Chairman of TDIC, commented:
“We are very pleased and proud that Sir Bani Yas has won World’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination.”
“This esteemed award re-affirms all of our efforts to maintain the Island’s ecological and conservation legacy even as we develop it into a globally-recognised touristic destination that offers luxurious and unique experiences for both visitors and guests.”
Holidaymakers visiting Sir Bani Yas Island can also enjoy a variety of activities such as kayaking, land sailing, horseback riding, and archery.
The island also boasts three luxury resort operated by Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas, the leading Thai-based hospitality group. Tourists can stay at the Desert Islands Resort and Spa by Anantara, Anantara Sir Bani Yas Al Yamm Villa Resort, and Anantara Sir Bani Yas Al Sahel Villa Resort.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates and tourists can explore a wide range of attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, wide sandy beaches, world-class golf courses and verdant green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation away from the bustling city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Unwind and remove all the stresses of modern life with this amazing twin destination offer
- Enjoy a wide range of flavours and exoctic meal with the onsite restaurants
- Loose yourself in the Sheraton Spa and benefit from a plethora of treatments
- Visit the iconic and famous Taj Mahal
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Connected to the elegant Al Wahda Mall, this 5-star hotel in central Abu Dhabi features a state-of-the-art health club...