Sir Bani Yas Island named World's Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination at World Travel Awards 2014
Sir Bani Yas Island has been named the World's Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination at the World Travel Awards 2014. The dedicated nature reserve is located on an island off the shores of Abu Dhabi and is home to more than 13,000 animals and birds, as well as luxury resorts managed by Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas.
The dedicated nature reserve Sir Bani Yas Island has been named as the World’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination at the World Travel Awards 2014 Grand Final Ceremony at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla.
The 87-square kilometre island is located 100 km southwest off the shores of Abu Dhabi City and is a nature-based tourist destination developed by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Development & Investment Company.
The island was initially developed into a wildlife reserve by Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the late president of the United Arab Emirates, and it is now home to a 4,100 hectare Arabian Wildlife Park with mangroves, lagoons, and more than 13,000 wild animals and birds as a result of dedicated environmental and conservation efforts.
Ali Majed Al Mansoori, the Chairman of TDIC, commented:
“We are very pleased and proud that Sir Bani Yas has won World’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination.”
“This esteemed award re-affirms all of our efforts to maintain the Island’s ecological and conservation legacy even as we develop it into a globally-recognised touristic destination that offers luxurious and unique experiences for both visitors and guests.”
Holidaymakers visiting Sir Bani Yas Island can also enjoy a variety of activities such as kayaking, land sailing, horseback riding, and archery.
The island also boasts three luxury resort operated by Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas, the leading Thai-based hospitality group. Tourists can stay at the Desert Islands Resort and Spa by Anantara, Anantara Sir Bani Yas Al Yamm Villa Resort, and Anantara Sir Bani Yas Al Sahel Villa Resort.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the seven United Arab Emirates and tourists can explore a wide range of attractions, such as Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, and the Abu Dhabi Mall. The waterfront, wide sandy beaches, world-class golf courses and verdant green parks are perfect for family activities and relaxation away from the bustling city.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Enjoy golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Free Half Board Included in this amazing offer
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...