New General Manager appointed for Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai
Anthony McHale has been appointed as the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai. McHale has more than 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry, including five years as the General Manager of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London. He will start his new position at the seven-star hotel Dubai in January, 2015.
The Jumeirah Group has announced that the new General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is Anthony McHale.
McHale has 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry and he will start his role at the seven-star hotel in Dubai on 11th January, 2015.
For the last five years, he has been working as the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London and during his career, he has worked at Orient Express Hotels, Keswick Hall Club and Estate in Charlottesville Virginia, the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Nicholas Clayton, the Chief Executive of Group Operations at the Jumeirah Group, commented:
“We are delighted that Tony is joining Burj Al Arab Jumeirah as it celebrates its fifteenth year of operation.”
“Our guests expect the very highest level of luxury hospitality and Tony has both the experience and the profile that promises to guide our hotel and its 1,500 colleagues to continued success in the market place.”
“We look forward to Tony helping us take the hotel to new levels of excellence, as Dubai builds momentum towards EXPO 2020.”
Located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, the Burj Al Arab has an iconic structure which resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow, and the building soars 321 metres into the sky.
The luxury beachfront hotel boasts all-suite accommodation with state-of-the-art technology where guests can change the lighting, curtains and air conditioning with the touch of a button; 42-inch plasma screen TVs with DVD and cable channels; a separate living area and dining area with dining table; walk-in showers and Jacuzzi baths with a full range of men and ladies Hermes products; dedicated 24-hour butler service; and office areas with laptops, internet access, and private fax, printer and copier machines.
Unique features at the Burj Al Arab include three aquariums; numerous gourmet restaurants; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that offers stunning views of the ocean and city below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...