New General Manager appointed for Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai
Anthony McHale has been appointed as the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai. McHale has more than 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry, including five years as the General Manager of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London. He will start his new position at the seven-star hotel Dubai in January, 2015.
The Jumeirah Group has announced that the new General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is Anthony McHale.
McHale has 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry and he will start his role at the seven-star hotel in Dubai on 11th January, 2015.
For the last five years, he has been working as the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London and during his career, he has worked at Orient Express Hotels, Keswick Hall Club and Estate in Charlottesville Virginia, the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Nicholas Clayton, the Chief Executive of Group Operations at the Jumeirah Group, commented:
“We are delighted that Tony is joining Burj Al Arab Jumeirah as it celebrates its fifteenth year of operation.”
“Our guests expect the very highest level of luxury hospitality and Tony has both the experience and the profile that promises to guide our hotel and its 1,500 colleagues to continued success in the market place.”
“We look forward to Tony helping us take the hotel to new levels of excellence, as Dubai builds momentum towards EXPO 2020.”
Located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, the Burj Al Arab has an iconic structure which resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow, and the building soars 321 metres into the sky.
The luxury beachfront hotel boasts all-suite accommodation with state-of-the-art technology where guests can change the lighting, curtains and air conditioning with the touch of a button; 42-inch plasma screen TVs with DVD and cable channels; a separate living area and dining area with dining table; walk-in showers and Jacuzzi baths with a full range of men and ladies Hermes products; dedicated 24-hour butler service; and office areas with laptops, internet access, and private fax, printer and copier machines.
Unique features at the Burj Al Arab include three aquariums; numerous gourmet restaurants; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that offers stunning views of the ocean and city below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...