New General Manager appointed for Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai
Anthony McHale has been appointed as the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai. McHale has more than 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry, including five years as the General Manager of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London. He will start his new position at the seven-star hotel Dubai in January, 2015.
The Jumeirah Group has announced that the new General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is Anthony McHale.
McHale has 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry and he will start his role at the seven-star hotel in Dubai on 11th January, 2015.
For the last five years, he has been working as the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London and during his career, he has worked at Orient Express Hotels, Keswick Hall Club and Estate in Charlottesville Virginia, the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Nicholas Clayton, the Chief Executive of Group Operations at the Jumeirah Group, commented:
“We are delighted that Tony is joining Burj Al Arab Jumeirah as it celebrates its fifteenth year of operation.”
“Our guests expect the very highest level of luxury hospitality and Tony has both the experience and the profile that promises to guide our hotel and its 1,500 colleagues to continued success in the market place.”
“We look forward to Tony helping us take the hotel to new levels of excellence, as Dubai builds momentum towards EXPO 2020.”
Located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, the Burj Al Arab has an iconic structure which resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow, and the building soars 321 metres into the sky.
The luxury beachfront hotel boasts all-suite accommodation with state-of-the-art technology where guests can change the lighting, curtains and air conditioning with the touch of a button; 42-inch plasma screen TVs with DVD and cable channels; a separate living area and dining area with dining table; walk-in showers and Jacuzzi baths with a full range of men and ladies Hermes products; dedicated 24-hour butler service; and office areas with laptops, internet access, and private fax, printer and copier machines.
Unique features at the Burj Al Arab include three aquariums; numerous gourmet restaurants; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that offers stunning views of the ocean and city below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...