New General Manager appointed for Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai
Anthony McHale has been appointed as the General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah in Dubai. McHale has more than 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry, including five years as the General Manager of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London. He will start his new position at the seven-star hotel Dubai in January, 2015.
The Jumeirah Group has announced that the new General Manager of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is Anthony McHale.
McHale has 35 years in the luxury hospitality industry and he will start his role at the seven-star hotel in Dubai on 11th January, 2015.
For the last five years, he has been working as the General Manager of Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park in London and during his career, he has worked at Orient Express Hotels, Keswick Hall Club and Estate in Charlottesville Virginia, the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
Nicholas Clayton, the Chief Executive of Group Operations at the Jumeirah Group, commented:
“We are delighted that Tony is joining Burj Al Arab Jumeirah as it celebrates its fifteenth year of operation.”
“Our guests expect the very highest level of luxury hospitality and Tony has both the experience and the profile that promises to guide our hotel and its 1,500 colleagues to continued success in the market place.”
“We look forward to Tony helping us take the hotel to new levels of excellence, as Dubai builds momentum towards EXPO 2020.”
Located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, the Burj Al Arab has an iconic structure which resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow, and the building soars 321 metres into the sky.
The luxury beachfront hotel boasts all-suite accommodation with state-of-the-art technology where guests can change the lighting, curtains and air conditioning with the touch of a button; 42-inch plasma screen TVs with DVD and cable channels; a separate living area and dining area with dining table; walk-in showers and Jacuzzi baths with a full range of men and ladies Hermes products; dedicated 24-hour butler service; and office areas with laptops, internet access, and private fax, printer and copier machines.
Unique features at the Burj Al Arab include three aquariums; numerous gourmet restaurants; the Majlis Al Bahar private beach; the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club; and the Sky View Bar that offers stunning views of the ocean and city below.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the wonders of Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restaurants, sandy beaches and unmatched shopping, all for an unbeatable price
- Unwind in your beautifully designed room or suite featuring all your modern amenities and stunning views
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...