Jamaica gets ready to welcome 1.2 Million tourists during the High Season
Over one million air seats have been secured for the winter season in Jamaica as the Caribbean island gets ready to welcome an influx of international tourists. A total of 1.2 million visitors are expected over the coming months including 611,515 cruise passengers, and the overall figures represent a 15 per cent increase compared to the winter season last year.
The high season in the Caribbean has officially started and travellers all over the world are packing their suitcases to spend time in the sun in the tropical region.
The island of Jamaica is getting ready to receive more than one million visitors during the winter season, which is a 15 per cent increase compared to the 2013/2014 winter season. A total of 1.2 million air seats have been secured so far.
Cruise ports on the island are getting ready to welcome more 611,515 cruise passengers this winter, a 5.6 per cent increase compared to the same period last year. The number of overall cruise arrivals in 2014 to Jamaica is expected to reach 10 per cent with the main ports of Falmouth, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios recording growth.
The figures were revealed this week by Hon. Dr Wykeham McNeill, the Minister of Tourism and Entertainment who said that “this coming winter season will be the strongest season in terms of cruise home-porting that we have ever had, with three cruise ships home-porting in Jamaica. These will be the ‘Thomson Dream’ the 'AIDAbella' and the 'Louis Cristal.'”
The minister said that 2.8 million arrivals have visited Jamaica between January and October 2014, a six per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
"The successes that we have had are due to the hard work of tourism partners on every front – our marketers and those funding and executing product development; our hoteliers and attraction owners, restaurateurs and every participant in this industry which has to be driven by a spirit of collaboration and inclusion,"
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country’s breathtaking natural scenery.
Holidaymakers can explore the island’s natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, verdant botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international tourists to the tropical island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...