Jamaica gets ready to welcome 1.2 Million tourists during the High Season
Over one million air seats have been secured for the winter season in Jamaica as the Caribbean island gets ready to welcome an influx of international tourists. A total of 1.2 million visitors are expected over the coming months including 611,515 cruise passengers, and the overall figures represent a 15 per cent increase compared to the winter season last year.
The high season in the Caribbean has officially started and travellers all over the world are packing their suitcases to spend time in the sun in the tropical region.
The island of Jamaica is getting ready to receive more than one million visitors during the winter season, which is a 15 per cent increase compared to the 2013/2014 winter season. A total of 1.2 million air seats have been secured so far.
Cruise ports on the island are getting ready to welcome more 611,515 cruise passengers this winter, a 5.6 per cent increase compared to the same period last year. The number of overall cruise arrivals in 2014 to Jamaica is expected to reach 10 per cent with the main ports of Falmouth, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios recording growth.
The figures were revealed this week by Hon. Dr Wykeham McNeill, the Minister of Tourism and Entertainment who said that “this coming winter season will be the strongest season in terms of cruise home-porting that we have ever had, with three cruise ships home-porting in Jamaica. These will be the ‘Thomson Dream’ the 'AIDAbella' and the 'Louis Cristal.'”
The minister said that 2.8 million arrivals have visited Jamaica between January and October 2014, a six per cent increase compared to the same period last year.
"The successes that we have had are due to the hard work of tourism partners on every front – our marketers and those funding and executing product development; our hoteliers and attraction owners, restaurateurs and every participant in this industry which has to be driven by a spirit of collaboration and inclusion,"
Jamaica is an island nation located in the Caribbean Sea and one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. With vast white sand beaches fringed with warm azure ocean waters, luxury beachfront resorts, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, verdant undulating green hills, and dense forests, travellers will have plenty of opportunities to marvel at the country’s breathtaking natural scenery.
Holidaymakers can explore the island’s natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, verdant botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation, are just a few of the attractions that entice international tourists to the tropical island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...