Three Bay Gardens resorts in St Lucia receive Green Globe Certification
A family-run hotel group's three luxury resorts on the island of St Lucia have all received a Green Globe Certification. The Bay Gardens Hotel, Bay Gardens Inn, and Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa all achieved the certification for their individual efforts towards sustainable management and operations which will continue to grow in phases over the next few years.
The family-run company Bay Gardens Resorts has had all three of its properties in the Caribbean certified by Green Globe.
The resorts in Rodney Bay, St Lucia were all recognised for their sustainable operation and management which will continue in phases over the next few years.
The three-star Bay Gardens Hotel and the Bay Gardens Inn both scored 76 per cent in the independent audit, while the four-star Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa scored 78 per cent. Each luxury resort scored above the average of 60-65 per cent.
Bay Gardens Resorts implemented a number of schemes and practices including educating more than 240 team members to inform them of the need to apply green concepts into the company’s culture and their own daily lives.
Sanovnik Destang, the Executive Director of Bay Gardens Resorts, explained:
“Over the past few months, our organisation has committed over ECD140, 000 toward our greening efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, switching out conventional air conditioning units for more efficient inverter units, switching to LED lighting, implementing a recycling plan, as well as working more closely with our local agriculture sector and more.”
"Due to the cost sensitive nature of going green, we have adopted a phased approach and will continue in our efforts to maintain our certification through the years. We’re perhaps most proud of the fact that we will be reducing our carbon emissions by 69 metric tons annually."
All of the Bay Gardens Resorts are located in Rodney Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, just minutes from the palm-fringed beaches, gourmet restaurants and the JQ Charles Rodney Bay Shopping Mall and the Bay Walk Shopping and Entertainment Centre.
Guests can enjoy upscale facilities at the beachfront resorts as well as a variety of activities including snorkelling, sailing, water skiing, boat and land excursions, pedal boating, kayaking, and scuba diving in the pristine crystal clears waters down to caves, wrecks and reefs.
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including white sand beaches, rolling green hills, lush tropical gardens, and majestic mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world’s only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification that is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are proven to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- Early Booking discount now extended
- All Inclusive Beachfront Resort with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe
- Overlooking Choc Bay and perfect for families where Kids stay and eat free, have access to a Kids pool and kids club
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with a family and adults only section
- Premium All-Inclusive Resort with 8 Restaurants and 7 Bars to choose from
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...