Three Bay Gardens resorts in St Lucia receive Green Globe Certification
A family-run hotel group's three luxury resorts on the island of St Lucia have all received a Green Globe Certification. The Bay Gardens Hotel, Bay Gardens Inn, and Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa all achieved the certification for their individual efforts towards sustainable management and operations which will continue to grow in phases over the next few years.
The family-run company Bay Gardens Resorts has had all three of its properties in the Caribbean certified by Green Globe.
The resorts in Rodney Bay, St Lucia were all recognised for their sustainable operation and management which will continue in phases over the next few years.
The three-star Bay Gardens Hotel and the Bay Gardens Inn both scored 76 per cent in the independent audit, while the four-star Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa scored 78 per cent. Each luxury resort scored above the average of 60-65 per cent.
Bay Gardens Resorts implemented a number of schemes and practices including educating more than 240 team members to inform them of the need to apply green concepts into the company’s culture and their own daily lives.
Sanovnik Destang, the Executive Director of Bay Gardens Resorts, explained:
“Over the past few months, our organisation has committed over ECD140, 000 toward our greening efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, switching out conventional air conditioning units for more efficient inverter units, switching to LED lighting, implementing a recycling plan, as well as working more closely with our local agriculture sector and more.”
"Due to the cost sensitive nature of going green, we have adopted a phased approach and will continue in our efforts to maintain our certification through the years. We’re perhaps most proud of the fact that we will be reducing our carbon emissions by 69 metric tons annually."
All of the Bay Gardens Resorts are located in Rodney Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, just minutes from the palm-fringed beaches, gourmet restaurants and the JQ Charles Rodney Bay Shopping Mall and the Bay Walk Shopping and Entertainment Centre.
Guests can enjoy upscale facilities at the beachfront resorts as well as a variety of activities including snorkelling, sailing, water skiing, boat and land excursions, pedal boating, kayaking, and scuba diving in the pristine crystal clears waters down to caves, wrecks and reefs.
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including white sand beaches, rolling green hills, lush tropical gardens, and majestic mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world’s only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification that is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are proven to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway in the stunningly secluded Choc Bay.
- Winter Sale: Save £900 in a upgraded Honeymoon Hideaway Luxury Poolside Room
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant and enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals La Toc
- Get unlimited scuba diving fully included as part of your experience!
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...