Three Bay Gardens resorts in St Lucia receive Green Globe Certification
A family-run hotel group's three luxury resorts on the island of St Lucia have all received a Green Globe Certification. The Bay Gardens Hotel, Bay Gardens Inn, and Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa all achieved the certification for their individual efforts towards sustainable management and operations which will continue to grow in phases over the next few years.
The family-run company Bay Gardens Resorts has had all three of its properties in the Caribbean certified by Green Globe.
The resorts in Rodney Bay, St Lucia were all recognised for their sustainable operation and management which will continue in phases over the next few years.
The three-star Bay Gardens Hotel and the Bay Gardens Inn both scored 76 per cent in the independent audit, while the four-star Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa scored 78 per cent. Each luxury resort scored above the average of 60-65 per cent.
Bay Gardens Resorts implemented a number of schemes and practices including educating more than 240 team members to inform them of the need to apply green concepts into the company’s culture and their own daily lives.
Sanovnik Destang, the Executive Director of Bay Gardens Resorts, explained:
“Over the past few months, our organisation has committed over ECD140, 000 toward our greening efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, switching out conventional air conditioning units for more efficient inverter units, switching to LED lighting, implementing a recycling plan, as well as working more closely with our local agriculture sector and more.”
"Due to the cost sensitive nature of going green, we have adopted a phased approach and will continue in our efforts to maintain our certification through the years. We’re perhaps most proud of the fact that we will be reducing our carbon emissions by 69 metric tons annually."
All of the Bay Gardens Resorts are located in Rodney Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, just minutes from the palm-fringed beaches, gourmet restaurants and the JQ Charles Rodney Bay Shopping Mall and the Bay Walk Shopping and Entertainment Centre.
Guests can enjoy upscale facilities at the beachfront resorts as well as a variety of activities including snorkelling, sailing, water skiing, boat and land excursions, pedal boating, kayaking, and scuba diving in the pristine crystal clears waters down to caves, wrecks and reefs.
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including white sand beaches, rolling green hills, lush tropical gardens, and majestic mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world’s only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification that is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are proven to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...