Three Bay Gardens resorts in St Lucia receive Green Globe Certification
A family-run hotel group's three luxury resorts on the island of St Lucia have all received a Green Globe Certification. The Bay Gardens Hotel, Bay Gardens Inn, and Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa all achieved the certification for their individual efforts towards sustainable management and operations which will continue to grow in phases over the next few years.
The family-run company Bay Gardens Resorts has had all three of its properties in the Caribbean certified by Green Globe.
The resorts in Rodney Bay, St Lucia were all recognised for their sustainable operation and management which will continue in phases over the next few years.
The three-star Bay Gardens Hotel and the Bay Gardens Inn both scored 76 per cent in the independent audit, while the four-star Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa scored 78 per cent. Each luxury resort scored above the average of 60-65 per cent.
Bay Gardens Resorts implemented a number of schemes and practices including educating more than 240 team members to inform them of the need to apply green concepts into the company’s culture and their own daily lives.
Sanovnik Destang, the Executive Director of Bay Gardens Resorts, explained:
“Over the past few months, our organisation has committed over ECD140, 000 toward our greening efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, switching out conventional air conditioning units for more efficient inverter units, switching to LED lighting, implementing a recycling plan, as well as working more closely with our local agriculture sector and more.”
"Due to the cost sensitive nature of going green, we have adopted a phased approach and will continue in our efforts to maintain our certification through the years. We’re perhaps most proud of the fact that we will be reducing our carbon emissions by 69 metric tons annually."
All of the Bay Gardens Resorts are located in Rodney Bay on the Caribbean island of St Lucia, just minutes from the palm-fringed beaches, gourmet restaurants and the JQ Charles Rodney Bay Shopping Mall and the Bay Walk Shopping and Entertainment Centre.
Guests can enjoy upscale facilities at the beachfront resorts as well as a variety of activities including snorkelling, sailing, water skiing, boat and land excursions, pedal boating, kayaking, and scuba diving in the pristine crystal clears waters down to caves, wrecks and reefs.
St Lucia is situated in the Caribbean Sea, north-west of Barbados, and home to some of the world’s most breathtaking natural landscapes including white sand beaches, rolling green hills, lush tropical gardens, and majestic mountain peaks.
The island boasts unique sites including one of the world’s only drive-in volcanoes and the soaring Pitons. The annual St Lucia Jazz Festival is a popular event that attracts international visitors and musical talent, and Pigeon Island National Park, which is home to the old British military base Fort Rodney, is one of the most visited sites on the island.
Green Globe is an internationally-recognised environmental certification that is awarded to businesses within the travel and tourism sector that operate green practices and are proven to be conserving energy, water and other resources.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Enjoy an elegant and comfortable stay at Sandals Grande St Lucian Spa and Beach Resort
- Perfect location on a peninsula with views of Rodney Bay and the Atlantic Ocean
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 12 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 8 bars
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with the range of leisure activities including Land and Water Sports
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...