Havana makes it as one of the Seven Wonders - Cities of the World
Cuba's iconic capital city of Havana has been declared one of the New7Wonders Cities of the World after worldwide voters cast their decision to include the emblematic Caribbean city in the top seven. Joining Havana were Doha, Kuala Lumpur, La Paz, Beirut, Durban and Vigan.
Havana has been chosen as one of the New 7 Wonders Cities of the World as selected by all the worldwide voters who participated in Bernard Weber’s New7Wonders Cities campaign.
The Cuban capital was chosen alongside Beirut, Doha, Durban, Kuala Lumpur, La Paz and Vigan as one of two countries that made the list in the American continent.
The Founder-President of New7Wonders said of the final line-up:
"I would like to thank everyone who has helped promote the New7Wonders Cities campaign since its inception in 2011. We began with more than 1,200 nominees from 220 different countries and here we have 7 that represent the global diversity of urban society.
For the first time in human history, more than half of our planet’s population lives in cities and this election emphasises the dramatically challenging character of our changing world."
He also took the time to thank the New7Wonders Cities Panel of Experts, which advised on the choosing of the 28 Official Finalist Candidates in October 2013, whilst also congratulating the voters who narrowed the selection down to 7 through the subsequent elimination phases.
To announce the winners he took to publishing a video on the website where most the official voting took place, although many offline votes through post were also made from all over the world.
On the video, which was shot in Dubai, Mr Weber listed all winning cities in alphabetical order and ended by saying;
“Congratulations. You have the challenges of the future.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...