World's largest roller coaster restaurant opens in Abu Dhabi
Novel new roller coaster-themed restaurant, Rogo's, has opened at Abu Dhabi's Yas Mall. The world's largest rollercoaster restaurant will offer gourmet fast food with a twist - it will be delivered to diners via a network of mini rollercoasters.
The world’s biggest roller coaster restaurant has opened in Abu Dhabi’s newest shopping centre, using unique technology to deliver diners’ meals in sealed pots via looping and spiralling rollercoaster tracks. Rogo’s will offer a menu of international fast food from gourmet burgers to asparagus and sweet pea risotto.
Located at Abu Dhabi’s largest shopping centre, Yas Mall, the new restaurant joins the medley of tourist attractions and entertainment already on offer on Yas Island, which includes the Ferrari World theme park and the Yas Marina Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit.
“The UAE is globally acknowledged as a groundbreaking destination for world firsts and with the world’s fastest roller coaster, the Formula Rossa, part of the neighbouring Ferrari World experience, Rogo’s offers a spectacular culinary experience for diners looking for a new and exciting dining adventure,” said Jessica Wadih Al-Absi, chairman of Group JWA, which operates the restaurant.
The restaurant is set out over two floors which can accommodate around 360 diners and each table is served by its own mini rollercoaster track. The highlight of the venue is the 12-metre-high tornado-shaped rollercoaster spiral.
Al-Absi and Jessica add;
"Diners get to watch their food make a gravity-defying 360-degree journey to their table,”
“Our state-of-the-art technology makes dining fun as it transports both cold and hot food and drinks along the multi-spiral, double loop and tornado tracks,"
The hi-tech restaurant also has a state-of-the-art ordering system allowing diners to order from hand-held computer tablets. British executive chef Paul Owens heads up the 34-person culinary team and has developed the menu to reflect dishes and flavours from across the globe using the freshest, highest quality ingredients and innovative combinations.
The menu offers international comfort food with fine dining flourishes such as aspaprgaus and sweet pea risotto topped with crispy poached egg and hollandaise sauce. The brand’s signature DIY Rogo’s Tornado burger comes with a choice of 13 different toppings and combinations. Desserts include upside-down New York-style warm-baked cheesecake or sticky date pudding with salted caramel ice cream.
The restaurant can be found in Yas Mall’s Town Square in the centre of the mall. It is Group JWA’s flagship rollercoaster restaurant, and the company has plans to expand the brand to other countries in the region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Explore both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of Abu Dhabi
- At Hyatt Regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
- The Hyatt Regency is a landmark hotel, centrally located in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The Beach Rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Come and experience the dreamlike beauty of this stunning hotel at the coast of the famous Yas Island. With the beach...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Pearl Rotana benefits from a unique position in the heart of Abu Dhabi's business district, close to Abu Dhabi National...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...