Caribbean to host World Travel Awards Grand Final this weekend
The host of the World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 which will take place in the Caribbean this weekend has been revealed. Vivica Fox, an award-winning actress from 'Independence Day' and 'Batman & Robin' will join the line-up of stars and performers at the event which will takes place at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla on Sunday, 7th December, 2014.
The World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 will be taking place in Anguilla this weekend and award-winning actress Vivica Fox has been announced as the host of the event.
Famous for her roles in Independence Day and Batman & Robin, Vivica will host the anticipated last leg of the World Travel Awards tour which will finish in the Caribbean.
The prestigious event will take place on Sunday 7th December, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla where is will host the crème de la crème of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Graham Cooke, the president of the World Travel Awards (WTA), stated:
“It will be an honour for the World Travel Awards to visit Anguilla for the first time and I can think of no better place for us to celebrate the best of global tourism than CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa.”
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
The Caribbean Grand Final ceremony will be attended by hundreds of dignitaries, international media, government members, and travel industry leaders, and will feature entertainment from a variety of performers.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards recognise the best of the best of the world’s luxury hotels and resorts, airlines, tour operators, cruise lines, destinations and tourism companies in regional ceremonies.
Stephane Zaharia, the General Manager of the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, said that staff members are working around the clock to prepare for the glamorous event. She explained:
“Recognition by the World Travel Awards is rightly seen as the highest accolade in the tourism sector. We look forward to extending our rich tradition of hospitality to the attending global travel specialists and invite each of them to experience our renowned culinary, wine and golf offerings in this unparalleled setting.”
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront resort located in Rendezvous Bay, offering upscale suites and villas, as well luxury facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...