Caribbean to host World Travel Awards Grand Final this weekend
The host of the World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 which will take place in the Caribbean this weekend has been revealed. Vivica Fox, an award-winning actress from 'Independence Day' and 'Batman & Robin' will join the line-up of stars and performers at the event which will takes place at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla on Sunday, 7th December, 2014.
The World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 will be taking place in Anguilla this weekend and award-winning actress Vivica Fox has been announced as the host of the event.
Famous for her roles in Independence Day and Batman & Robin, Vivica will host the anticipated last leg of the World Travel Awards tour which will finish in the Caribbean.
The prestigious event will take place on Sunday 7th December, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla where is will host the crème de la crème of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Graham Cooke, the president of the World Travel Awards (WTA), stated:
“It will be an honour for the World Travel Awards to visit Anguilla for the first time and I can think of no better place for us to celebrate the best of global tourism than CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa.”
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
The Caribbean Grand Final ceremony will be attended by hundreds of dignitaries, international media, government members, and travel industry leaders, and will feature entertainment from a variety of performers.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards recognise the best of the best of the world’s luxury hotels and resorts, airlines, tour operators, cruise lines, destinations and tourism companies in regional ceremonies.
Stephane Zaharia, the General Manager of the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, said that staff members are working around the clock to prepare for the glamorous event. She explained:
“Recognition by the World Travel Awards is rightly seen as the highest accolade in the tourism sector. We look forward to extending our rich tradition of hospitality to the attending global travel specialists and invite each of them to experience our renowned culinary, wine and golf offerings in this unparalleled setting.”
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront resort located in Rendezvous Bay, offering upscale suites and villas, as well luxury facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- Try surfing at Flowrider or swim with Dolphins at the Dolphinarium
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
- Enjoy the impressive resort credits which can be spent on golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...