Caribbean to host World Travel Awards Grand Final this weekend
The host of the World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 which will take place in the Caribbean this weekend has been revealed. Vivica Fox, an award-winning actress from 'Independence Day' and 'Batman & Robin' will join the line-up of stars and performers at the event which will takes place at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla on Sunday, 7th December, 2014.
The World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 will be taking place in Anguilla this weekend and award-winning actress Vivica Fox has been announced as the host of the event.
Famous for her roles in Independence Day and Batman & Robin, Vivica will host the anticipated last leg of the World Travel Awards tour which will finish in the Caribbean.
The prestigious event will take place on Sunday 7th December, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla where is will host the crème de la crème of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Graham Cooke, the president of the World Travel Awards (WTA), stated:
“It will be an honour for the World Travel Awards to visit Anguilla for the first time and I can think of no better place for us to celebrate the best of global tourism than CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa.”
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
The Caribbean Grand Final ceremony will be attended by hundreds of dignitaries, international media, government members, and travel industry leaders, and will feature entertainment from a variety of performers.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards recognise the best of the best of the world’s luxury hotels and resorts, airlines, tour operators, cruise lines, destinations and tourism companies in regional ceremonies.
Stephane Zaharia, the General Manager of the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, said that staff members are working around the clock to prepare for the glamorous event. She explained:
“Recognition by the World Travel Awards is rightly seen as the highest accolade in the tourism sector. We look forward to extending our rich tradition of hospitality to the attending global travel specialists and invite each of them to experience our renowned culinary, wine and golf offerings in this unparalleled setting.”
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront resort located in Rendezvous Bay, offering upscale suites and villas, as well luxury facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...