Caribbean to host World Travel Awards Grand Final this weekend
The host of the World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 which will take place in the Caribbean this weekend has been revealed. Vivica Fox, an award-winning actress from 'Independence Day' and 'Batman & Robin' will join the line-up of stars and performers at the event which will takes place at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla on Sunday, 7th December, 2014.
The World Travel Awards Grand Final Ceremony 2014 will be taking place in Anguilla this weekend and award-winning actress Vivica Fox has been announced as the host of the event.
Famous for her roles in Independence Day and Batman & Robin, Vivica will host the anticipated last leg of the World Travel Awards tour which will finish in the Caribbean.
The prestigious event will take place on Sunday 7th December, 2014 at the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla where is will host the crème de la crème of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. Graham Cooke, the president of the World Travel Awards (WTA), stated:
“It will be an honour for the World Travel Awards to visit Anguilla for the first time and I can think of no better place for us to celebrate the best of global tourism than CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa.”
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
The Caribbean Grand Final ceremony will be attended by hundreds of dignitaries, international media, government members, and travel industry leaders, and will feature entertainment from a variety of performers.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards recognise the best of the best of the world’s luxury hotels and resorts, airlines, tour operators, cruise lines, destinations and tourism companies in regional ceremonies.
Stephane Zaharia, the General Manager of the CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, said that staff members are working around the clock to prepare for the glamorous event. She explained:
“Recognition by the World Travel Awards is rightly seen as the highest accolade in the tourism sector. We look forward to extending our rich tradition of hospitality to the attending global travel specialists and invite each of them to experience our renowned culinary, wine and golf offerings in this unparalleled setting.”
CuisinArt is a luxury beachfront resort located in Rendezvous Bay, offering upscale suites and villas, as well luxury facilities including the Venus Spa and the 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Design Championship Course.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...