Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica offers unique nocturnal golf experience
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica is offering a unique experience for golf enthusiasts on its eco-friendly golf course. Players will be able to enjoy the game at night with the help of night vision goggles that will also allow them to see some nocturnal wildlife. The experience is only available for four players at one time and they will play holes one to nine with a guide.
Golfing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy a unique experience at the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica in Peninsula Papagayo.
The luxury hotel in Costa Rica is offering guests the opportunity to play golf at night with night vision goggles and the help of a guide.
Players will play holes one to nine on the eco-friendly golf course and the night vision goggles will not only help them see in the dark but they will give golfers the chance to witness some of the region’s nocturnal wildlife.
The experience is limited to just four players and it will begin at 6pm at the driving range and play will continue through the verdant Nascascolo Forest, with a "rock-lined stream that protects the course’s most severely contoured green”.
"In “traditional” night golf, which is still pretty rare, you use a special illuminated ball but you can’t see much of anything else," explained Larry Olmsted, a travel writer and golf expert.
"With the goggles – which I haven’t heard of anyplace else - you can actually see the features, the bunkers and other hazards, and they light the perimeter of the greens with rings of lanterns, but it has to be distracting to swing with the goggles on – the golf swing is hard enough under the best of circumstances."
The fairways are lined with lights and there is a circle of light on the green. There will also be lanterns to light the way for the golfers who will use pull-carts on the course.
At the end of the game, golfers will have a private guided walk to Nacascolo Beach, which is protected by the Bahia Culebra headlands, where they visit the white sandy beach, mangroves and waters that are full of tropical fish.
"Scoring is not the point," commented Olmsread. "It’s the experience – you only play two holes and the main reason you are out there is to observe the rich local wildlife at night, the monkeys and raccoons and what not. The course is one of the most eco-friendly in all of golf, and maintained as wildlife habitat, and the sky are also super clean with great star gazing."
The nocturnal golfing experience is available between 1st July, 2015 and 23rd November, 2015.
Located on the Peninsula Papagayo on the Pacific coast, the luxury beachfront resort has upscale facilities including four swimming pools, tennis courts, a lavish spa, a modern fitness centre, an 18-hole golf course, the Tuanis Teen Centre, a kids club, and a collection of gourmet restaurants, snack bars and lounges.
Accommodation ranges from standard guest rooms, to unique tree house-style canopy suites with plunge pools, luxury villas, and residence homes equipped with kitchens.
Costa Rica is a beautiful country in Central America bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. The nation boasts more than 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves which are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...