Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica offers unique nocturnal golf experience
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica is offering a unique experience for golf enthusiasts on its eco-friendly golf course. Players will be able to enjoy the game at night with the help of night vision goggles that will also allow them to see some nocturnal wildlife. The experience is only available for four players at one time and they will play holes one to nine with a guide.
Golfing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy a unique experience at the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica in Peninsula Papagayo.
The luxury hotel in Costa Rica is offering guests the opportunity to play golf at night with night vision goggles and the help of a guide.
Players will play holes one to nine on the eco-friendly golf course and the night vision goggles will not only help them see in the dark but they will give golfers the chance to witness some of the region’s nocturnal wildlife.
The experience is limited to just four players and it will begin at 6pm at the driving range and play will continue through the verdant Nascascolo Forest, with a "rock-lined stream that protects the course’s most severely contoured green”.
"In “traditional” night golf, which is still pretty rare, you use a special illuminated ball but you can’t see much of anything else," explained Larry Olmsted, a travel writer and golf expert.
"With the goggles – which I haven’t heard of anyplace else - you can actually see the features, the bunkers and other hazards, and they light the perimeter of the greens with rings of lanterns, but it has to be distracting to swing with the goggles on – the golf swing is hard enough under the best of circumstances."
The fairways are lined with lights and there is a circle of light on the green. There will also be lanterns to light the way for the golfers who will use pull-carts on the course.
At the end of the game, golfers will have a private guided walk to Nacascolo Beach, which is protected by the Bahia Culebra headlands, where they visit the white sandy beach, mangroves and waters that are full of tropical fish.
"Scoring is not the point," commented Olmsread. "It’s the experience – you only play two holes and the main reason you are out there is to observe the rich local wildlife at night, the monkeys and raccoons and what not. The course is one of the most eco-friendly in all of golf, and maintained as wildlife habitat, and the sky are also super clean with great star gazing."
The nocturnal golfing experience is available between 1st July, 2015 and 23rd November, 2015.
Located on the Peninsula Papagayo on the Pacific coast, the luxury beachfront resort has upscale facilities including four swimming pools, tennis courts, a lavish spa, a modern fitness centre, an 18-hole golf course, the Tuanis Teen Centre, a kids club, and a collection of gourmet restaurants, snack bars and lounges.
Accommodation ranges from standard guest rooms, to unique tree house-style canopy suites with plunge pools, luxury villas, and residence homes equipped with kitchens.
Costa Rica is a beautiful country in Central America bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. The nation boasts more than 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, lush tropical rainforests, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, high mountains, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves which are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...