The Holiday Place scoops up two British Travel Awards
During last night's British Travel Awards ceremony, held at Battersea Evolution in London, The Holiday Place were declared overall medium-sized winners in the category of Best Holiday Company to the Caribbean & Bermuda as well as earning silver as the second Best Independent Travel Agency.
Last night the British Travel Awards 2014 gala ceremony was held at London’s Battersea Evolution where this year’s winners were finally announced in the presence of every significant name in the UK travel industry; every travel company, big and small attended what are hailed as the Ocars of the travel sector.
Whilst many of the big giants such as Thomson, Kuoni, First Choice and Virgin Holidays scooped up many of the awards, plenty of recognition was given to smaller, medium-sized independent tour operators such as The Holiday Place, who were the proud receivers of the Best Holiday Company to the Caribbean & Bermuda title in the medium-sized category as well as being declared the second-place, silver winners in the Best Independent Travel Agency accolades.
This year’s edition of the British Travel Awards registered a record-breaking number of 1.25 million votes in total, making it Britain’s biggest public consumer-voted award programme, which also gave away a total of £30,000 in top travel prizes for the voters themselves, as every voter was automatically entered into a prize draw.
Lorraine Barnes Burton, British Travel Awards Chief Executive said;
"All BTA winners are to be congratulated for getting the most votes in their categories, no mean feat as the voting public has become increasingly discerning and expects the best customer service.
“The winning companies can now proudly display the BTA winners’ logo, a benchmark recognised by the travelling public as the sign of excellence.
The beautiful gala hosted by famous comedian Russell Kane was attended by two members of The Holiday Place who collected the awards on behalf of everyone in the company that worked hard to earn such prestigious acknowledgement.
Dee Persaud, Product Manager at The Holiday Place who was present at the gala, said of the night and the awards:
"The evening was spectacular and it was an honour for The Holiday Place to have won two awards at the BTA. First, to be declared the Best Medium Holiday Company to the Caribbean and Bermuda for the third year in a row is a long-standing achievement that we’re immensely proud of, and, secondly, for this prestigious title to be followed by a Silver award for Best Independent Travel Agency, a category in which we were voted by the consumer for the first time, is a joyous unexpected success.
"We at The Holiday Place wish to thank all of our clients that voted and made it possible for us to win these amazing awards. We hope to continue creating memorable holiday experiences that all of our holidaymakers regard as unforgettable for all the right reasons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...