The Holiday Place scoops up two British Travel Awards
During last night's British Travel Awards ceremony, held at Battersea Evolution in London, The Holiday Place were declared overall medium-sized winners in the category of Best Holiday Company to the Caribbean & Bermuda as well as earning silver as the second Best Independent Travel Agency.
Last night the British Travel Awards 2014 gala ceremony was held at London’s Battersea Evolution where this year’s winners were finally announced in the presence of every significant name in the UK travel industry; every travel company, big and small attended what are hailed as the Ocars of the travel sector.
Whilst many of the big giants such as Thomson, Kuoni, First Choice and Virgin Holidays scooped up many of the awards, plenty of recognition was given to smaller, medium-sized independent tour operators such as The Holiday Place, who were the proud receivers of the Best Holiday Company to the Caribbean & Bermuda title in the medium-sized category as well as being declared the second-place, silver winners in the Best Independent Travel Agency accolades.
This year’s edition of the British Travel Awards registered a record-breaking number of 1.25 million votes in total, making it Britain’s biggest public consumer-voted award programme, which also gave away a total of £30,000 in top travel prizes for the voters themselves, as every voter was automatically entered into a prize draw.
Lorraine Barnes Burton, British Travel Awards Chief Executive said;
"All BTA winners are to be congratulated for getting the most votes in their categories, no mean feat as the voting public has become increasingly discerning and expects the best customer service.
“The winning companies can now proudly display the BTA winners’ logo, a benchmark recognised by the travelling public as the sign of excellence.
The beautiful gala hosted by famous comedian Russell Kane was attended by two members of The Holiday Place who collected the awards on behalf of everyone in the company that worked hard to earn such prestigious acknowledgement.
Dee Persaud, Product Manager at The Holiday Place who was present at the gala, said of the night and the awards:
"The evening was spectacular and it was an honour for The Holiday Place to have won two awards at the BTA. First, to be declared the Best Medium Holiday Company to the Caribbean and Bermuda for the third year in a row is a long-standing achievement that we’re immensely proud of, and, secondly, for this prestigious title to be followed by a Silver award for Best Independent Travel Agency, a category in which we were voted by the consumer for the first time, is a joyous unexpected success.
"We at The Holiday Place wish to thank all of our clients that voted and made it possible for us to win these amazing awards. We hope to continue creating memorable holiday experiences that all of our holidaymakers regard as unforgettable for all the right reasons.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...