Cuba Travel Services to add New York flights to Cuba in 2015
The charter company Cuba Travel Services has announced that it will be adding new charter flights between New York's Kennedy Airport and Havana's Jose Marti International Airportin 2015. The new flights will start in the spring and will be operated by Sun Country Airlines on 737-800 aircraft. The new service will provide an alternative route for Cuban-Americans looking to visit family members back home.
Cuba Travel Services will be adding a new service to their travel options between the United States and Cuba next year.
The charter company will launch the new service between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Havana's Jose Marti International Aiport in the spring and the flights to Cuba will be operated by Sun Country Airlines on 737-800 aircraft which will offer two-class categories.
The area in New York is home to the second-largest Cuban population in the United States and the new flights will provide a cheaper alternative route for those looking to visit family in Cuba. Return flights start from $849.00.
The travel company attempted to get approval to operate charter flights from Newark, due to the majority of Cubans in the New York area living in New Jersey’s Hudson County, but their request was denied.
Cuba Travel Services is licensed by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and it also arranges Cuba flights to Havana, Cienfuegos, Camaguey, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
More Americans are now booking holidays to the Caribbean island after U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions on the ongoing Cuba travel embargo in 2011.
American travellers are now allowed to travel to the communist country for cultural, academic, religious, educational and professional purposes.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and it has become the third major tourist destination in the Caribbean over the past decade despite having no tourists from the United States.
In 2013, more than two million holidaymakers visited Cuba with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe. This year, the authorities are expecting to receive at least three million foreign visitors.
Popular holiday destinations include Varadero, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, which boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana, the country’s capital city that is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
The island nation is home to breathtaking natural landscapes including miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...