Cuba Travel Services to add New York flights to Cuba in 2015
The charter company Cuba Travel Services has announced that it will be adding new charter flights between New York's Kennedy Airport and Havana's Jose Marti International Airportin 2015. The new flights will start in the spring and will be operated by Sun Country Airlines on 737-800 aircraft. The new service will provide an alternative route for Cuban-Americans looking to visit family members back home.
Cuba Travel Services will be adding a new service to their travel options between the United States and Cuba next year.
The charter company will launch the new service between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Havana's Jose Marti International Aiport in the spring and the flights to Cuba will be operated by Sun Country Airlines on 737-800 aircraft which will offer two-class categories.
The area in New York is home to the second-largest Cuban population in the United States and the new flights will provide a cheaper alternative route for those looking to visit family in Cuba. Return flights start from $849.00.
The travel company attempted to get approval to operate charter flights from Newark, due to the majority of Cubans in the New York area living in New Jersey’s Hudson County, but their request was denied.
Cuba Travel Services is licensed by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and it also arranges Cuba flights to Havana, Cienfuegos, Camaguey, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
More Americans are now booking holidays to the Caribbean island after U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions on the ongoing Cuba travel embargo in 2011.
American travellers are now allowed to travel to the communist country for cultural, academic, religious, educational and professional purposes.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and it has become the third major tourist destination in the Caribbean over the past decade despite having no tourists from the United States.
In 2013, more than two million holidaymakers visited Cuba with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe. This year, the authorities are expecting to receive at least three million foreign visitors.
Popular holiday destinations include Varadero, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, which boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana, the country’s capital city that is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
The island nation is home to breathtaking natural landscapes including miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...