Cuba Travel Services to add New York flights to Cuba in 2015
The charter company Cuba Travel Services has announced that it will be adding new charter flights between New York's Kennedy Airport and Havana's Jose Marti International Airportin 2015. The new flights will start in the spring and will be operated by Sun Country Airlines on 737-800 aircraft. The new service will provide an alternative route for Cuban-Americans looking to visit family members back home.
Cuba Travel Services will be adding a new service to their travel options between the United States and Cuba next year.
The charter company will launch the new service between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Havana's Jose Marti International Aiport in the spring and the flights to Cuba will be operated by Sun Country Airlines on 737-800 aircraft which will offer two-class categories.
The area in New York is home to the second-largest Cuban population in the United States and the new flights will provide a cheaper alternative route for those looking to visit family in Cuba. Return flights start from $849.00.
The travel company attempted to get approval to operate charter flights from Newark, due to the majority of Cubans in the New York area living in New Jersey’s Hudson County, but their request was denied.
Cuba Travel Services is licensed by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and it also arranges Cuba flights to Havana, Cienfuegos, Camaguey, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
More Americans are now booking holidays to the Caribbean island after U.S President Obama relaxed restrictions on the ongoing Cuba travel embargo in 2011.
American travellers are now allowed to travel to the communist country for cultural, academic, religious, educational and professional purposes.
Cuba is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea and it has become the third major tourist destination in the Caribbean over the past decade despite having no tourists from the United States.
In 2013, more than two million holidaymakers visited Cuba with the majority of visitors originating from Canada and Europe. This year, the authorities are expecting to receive at least three million foreign visitors.
Popular holiday destinations include Varadero, which is home to 20 km of pristine beaches and upscale hotels and resorts; Villa Clara, which boasts a northern coast dotted with an array of cays with white sand beaches, coral reefs and thriving nature parks; Havana, the country’s capital city that is rich in culture, history, traditions, and Cuban charm; and Jardines del Rey, a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkelling activities.
The island nation is home to breathtaking natural landscapes including miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, historic towns and cities, and ancient ruins and sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...