Five prestigious 2014 World Travel Awards for Jamaica
Jamaica scooped up five awards at this year's World Travel Awards. The Caribbean island was named the Caribbean's Leading Destination 2014 and the Caribbean's Leading Tourist Board 2014 whilst also winning three awards in the cruise categories. This year's Caribbean gala ceremony was postponed due to a hurricane but the awards were announced ahead of the celebration.
The tropical island nation of Jamaica won five prestigious awards in this year’s World Travel Awards.
Jamaica was named as the Caribbean’s Leading Destination 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Port 2014 for Ocho Rios, and the Caribbean’s Leading Heritage Attraction 2014 for Falmouth.
This year’s World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony had to be postponed due to the recent Hurricane Gonzalo that hit the host island of Anguilla, but the winners of this year’s awards were recently announced.
Organisers of the World Travel Awards have decided to host the Grand Final ceremony at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla; the original hotel that was due to host the regional Caribbean ceremony last month. The ceremony will take place on 7th December, 2014.
Jamaica is a beautiful country located in the Caribbean Sea, boasting pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches, warm cobalt ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush undulating emerald green hills.
Holidaymakers can explore the island’s spectacular natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The country’s luxury beachfront resorts provide plenty of upscale facilities and activities but those who are looking to explore the island can visit popular tourist attractions such as the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry” by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world’s travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months.
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...