Five prestigious 2014 World Travel Awards for Jamaica
Jamaica scooped up five awards at this year's World Travel Awards. The Caribbean island was named the Caribbean's Leading Destination 2014 and the Caribbean's Leading Tourist Board 2014 whilst also winning three awards in the cruise categories. This year's Caribbean gala ceremony was postponed due to a hurricane but the awards were announced ahead of the celebration.
The tropical island nation of Jamaica won five prestigious awards in this year’s World Travel Awards.
Jamaica was named as the Caribbean’s Leading Destination 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Port 2014 for Ocho Rios, and the Caribbean’s Leading Heritage Attraction 2014 for Falmouth.
This year’s World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony had to be postponed due to the recent Hurricane Gonzalo that hit the host island of Anguilla, but the winners of this year’s awards were recently announced.
Organisers of the World Travel Awards have decided to host the Grand Final ceremony at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla; the original hotel that was due to host the regional Caribbean ceremony last month. The ceremony will take place on 7th December, 2014.
Jamaica is a beautiful country located in the Caribbean Sea, boasting pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches, warm cobalt ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush undulating emerald green hills.
Holidaymakers can explore the island’s spectacular natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The country’s luxury beachfront resorts provide plenty of upscale facilities and activities but those who are looking to explore the island can visit popular tourist attractions such as the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry” by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world’s travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months.
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...