Five prestigious 2014 World Travel Awards for Jamaica
Jamaica scooped up five awards at this year's World Travel Awards. The Caribbean island was named the Caribbean's Leading Destination 2014 and the Caribbean's Leading Tourist Board 2014 whilst also winning three awards in the cruise categories. This year's Caribbean gala ceremony was postponed due to a hurricane but the awards were announced ahead of the celebration.
The tropical island nation of Jamaica won five prestigious awards in this year’s World Travel Awards.
Jamaica was named as the Caribbean’s Leading Destination 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2014, the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Port 2014 for Ocho Rios, and the Caribbean’s Leading Heritage Attraction 2014 for Falmouth.
This year’s World Travel Awards Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony had to be postponed due to the recent Hurricane Gonzalo that hit the host island of Anguilla, but the winners of this year’s awards were recently announced.
Organisers of the World Travel Awards have decided to host the Grand Final ceremony at CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla; the original hotel that was due to host the regional Caribbean ceremony last month. The ceremony will take place on 7th December, 2014.
Jamaica is a beautiful country located in the Caribbean Sea, boasting pristine white sand, palm-fringed beaches, warm cobalt ocean waters, majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls, and lush undulating emerald green hills.
Holidaymakers can explore the island’s spectacular natural wonders such as Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, the five-mile-long Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay, lush botanical gardens, and the soaring Blue Mountains.
The country’s luxury beachfront resorts provide plenty of upscale facilities and activities but those who are looking to explore the island can visit popular tourist attractions such as the famous Bob Marley Museum, Kingston Harbour, and Rose Hall House, a former sugar plantation.
Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry” by the global media, the World Travel Awards honour destinations, hotels and organisations that have largely contributed to the world’s travel, tourism and hospitality sector over the past 12 months.
The WTA Grand Tour started in May this year with the Middle East Gala Ceremony at the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai. The tour then headed to the Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso, in Athens, Greece for the Europe Gala Ceremony, Quito in Ecuador for the South & Central America Gala Ceremony, and the Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...