Vietjet set to offer flights to Vietnam from Taiwan
Vietnam's Vietjet airline will be offering flights to Vietnam from Taipei Taiwan as of 12th December 2014. The announcement is undoubtedly a welcomed one as Vietnam seeks to attract more holidaymakers from key source markets outside of China.
Vietnam based airline- Vietjet has announced plans to launch a new air route offering flights to Vietnam from Taiwan as of the 12th December 2014. The new route will operate five times per week with no flights operating on Thursdays and Saturdays; the three hour 25 minute flight departs from Taipei at 8 pm and arrives in Ho Chi Minh City at 10:25 pm local time. At the time of the announcement there was also talk of adding more Taiwan to Vietnam flights in the future linking Taiwan’s Kaohsiung and Taichung with Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
To celebrate Vietjet’s expansion in Taiwan, the airline gave away thousands of flights to Taipei from 11 to 13 November - an ideal offer for anyone hoping to save money on twin-center holidays to Vietnam and Taiwan. The promotion only became available online and applies to bookings from 12 December 2014 to 27 March 2015.
Vietjet’s efforts to attract more holidaymakers from Taiwan to Vietnam will undoubtedly be a welcomed one from Vietnam’s tourism officials. Recent figures show an 11 per cent decrease in the number of people travelling to Vietnam in October when compared to the same month last year. October is this the fifth consecutive month of declining foreign arrivals despite growth from key source markets including, South Korea, Japan and Cambodia. Much of the decrease has been driven by a territorial dispute with China- Vietnam’s largest source market, which has led many Chinese holidaymakers to stay away from booking their holidays to Vietnam. With Taiwan among Vietnam’s top 10 source markets, additional flights to Vietnam will serve to help boost the number of Taiwanese travellers visiting Vietnam.
Business Development Manager for Vietjet Desmond Lin stated,
"These are exciting times for the aviation industry in Asia. Millions of people flying for the very first time in new and modern aircraft and countries are now closer than ever before…the opening of this flight will help families and friends maintain close relationships. This new route will also boost bilateral ties between Vietnam and Taiwan in terms of tourism, business and cultural exchange."
Vietjet is Vietnam’s fastest growing airline offering over 770 flights per week to 21 local and international destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Vietnam Browse all
An indepth exploration of Vietnam taking in Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and Hanoi with time left over to relax on the beach
- Overnight cruise on a traditional Junk boat on Halong Bay with meals included
- Time to relax on the picturesque beaches of central Vietnam
- Local guides in each destination and entrance fees for all included sightseeing
Get under the skin of Vietnam with an adventurous tour taking in the classic sights as well as getting off the beaten track
- Overnight train to Sapa - hike through the hills and meet remote communities
- Overnight cruise down the Mekong River on a converted rice barge with all modern amenities
- Spend the night in Halong Bay and see the sun rise over the remarkable karst landscape (includes meals)
Experience the best of Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure through Indochina
- Expert local guides in each country
- Breakfast included daily and three dinners
- Spend the night on Halong Bay on a traditional Junk boat with meals included
Explore the most iconic sites of Indochina during the unforgettable Highlights of Indochina, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos - Deluxe Tour
You will visit historical sites of Vietnam, discover the heritage of Laos, and explore the beautiful Angkor Complex in Cambodia.
- Tour around Ben Tre River in Vietnam and enjoy a variety of activities, including a visit to any of coconut processing workshops and riding a motocart through rice fields and vegetable plains.
- Watch the sun rise over the blue waters of tranquil Halong Bay, and then cruise through emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Participate in Baci Ceremony, an integral part of the Laos culture, and explore the Luang Prabang Night Market with its handmade textiles and local street food
Exotic and compelling, Vietnam is one of the most remarkable travel destinations in the world. Take in all the classics...
Wander from exciting cities to astonishing scenic beauty via peaceful beaches and the best preserved old towns in...
Discover the beauty and unique heritage of Vietnam with this incredible tour across some of its most famous sites and...
See all the most iconic sights of Indochina on this trip of a lifetime through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore the...
The Merperle Sea Sun hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque seaside city, Nha Trang. Surrounded on all three...