ONYX to open new Amari resort in the Maldives for 2016
The ONYX Hospitality Group has announced that it will be adding a new Maldives resort under its Amari brand. The new Amari Havodda will be located in the Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll and will have 120 beach and overwater villas. The resort will be designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja and it is scheduled to open in 2016.
The Thailand-based ONYX Hospitality Group will be adding a new resort to its collection of upscale properties.
The hotel group has announced that it will open a resort in the Maldives under its Amari brand in the first quarter of 2016.
Amari Havodda will be located in the Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll, 400 kilometres from the capital of the Maldives, Male. Guests will be able to reach the luxury beachfront resort via a 55-minute flight and a speedboat transfer.
The upscale resort will be designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja, under a ‘natural simplicity’ theme and it will have 120 beach and overwater villas.
"Tourism in the Maldives is strong and we see huge potential for an upscale brand like Amari,” stated Peter Henley, the President and CEO of ONYX Hospitality Group.
"Our entry into the Maldives with Amari Havodda marks a key step in our international development plan. We look forward to the exciting times ahead as we work closely with our partners to create a contemporary and relaxing haven for future guests."
Holidaymakers will be able to enjoy stunning views of the reef and the turquoise Indian Ocean from the luxury resort’s accommodation that is made up of 48 Beach Villas, 12 Beach Pool Villas, 58 Overwater Villas, and two Overwater Pool Villas. The villas will have contemporary furnishings and décor and they will feature traditional Maldivian art and architecture.
ONYX Hospitality Group is owned by Crystal Plaza Resorts, and the hotel company operates 51 properties across the Asia Pacific.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
During luxury holidays in Maldives, tourists can take part in a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Spend a week in Mexican Caribbean paradise with a fabulous all inclusive deal at a price that's hard to resist.
- The perfect location only 25 minutes from the airport and minutes away from downtown Cancun
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Spa treatments or benefit from the unlimited access to the Fitness Centre
- Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainment while your kids are having fun at the Kids Club
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The resort in the heart of Cancun offers the best of both worlds with a variety of sports on offer and a large lagoon-like swimming pool providing the perfect place to relax at oasis cancun
- Oasis Cancun combines superb facilities and relaxing surroundings to create an ideal holiday atmosphere
- Located beside a beautiful stretch of white sand beach in the heart of the Cancun Hotel Zone surrounded by expansive lawns and tropical gardens
- The Resort offers a vast range of sports with unlimited golf, tennis, volleyball and a variety of water sports at the marina
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Escape the real world for a while and plunge yourself into the Caribbean paradise of Cancun's all-inclusive, adults-only...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...