ONYX to open new Amari resort in the Maldives for 2016
The ONYX Hospitality Group has announced that it will be adding a new Maldives resort under its Amari brand. The new Amari Havodda will be located in the Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll and will have 120 beach and overwater villas. The resort will be designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja and it is scheduled to open in 2016.
The Thailand-based ONYX Hospitality Group will be adding a new resort to its collection of upscale properties.
The hotel group has announced that it will open a resort in the Maldives under its Amari brand in the first quarter of 2016.
Amari Havodda will be located in the Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll, 400 kilometres from the capital of the Maldives, Male. Guests will be able to reach the luxury beachfront resort via a 55-minute flight and a speedboat transfer.
The upscale resort will be designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja, under a ‘natural simplicity’ theme and it will have 120 beach and overwater villas.
"Tourism in the Maldives is strong and we see huge potential for an upscale brand like Amari,” stated Peter Henley, the President and CEO of ONYX Hospitality Group.
"Our entry into the Maldives with Amari Havodda marks a key step in our international development plan. We look forward to the exciting times ahead as we work closely with our partners to create a contemporary and relaxing haven for future guests."
Holidaymakers will be able to enjoy stunning views of the reef and the turquoise Indian Ocean from the luxury resort’s accommodation that is made up of 48 Beach Villas, 12 Beach Pool Villas, 58 Overwater Villas, and two Overwater Pool Villas. The villas will have contemporary furnishings and décor and they will feature traditional Maldivian art and architecture.
ONYX Hospitality Group is owned by Crystal Plaza Resorts, and the hotel company operates 51 properties across the Asia Pacific.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
During luxury holidays in Maldives, tourists can take part in a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Whether you desire tranquil relaxation or round-the-clock excitement, there is plenty on offer to suit all tastes.
- Vibrant nightlife with a nightclub, theatre and various events showcasing in-house performers, complementing the many bars
- Exceptional culinary range offering something for every occasion
- All inclusive programme include unlimited food and beverages, plus access to beautiful gardens and private beaches
Spend a week in Mexican Caribbean paradise with a fabulous all inclusive deal at a price that's hard to resist.
- The perfect location only 25 minutes from the airport and minutes away from downtown Cancun
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Spa treatments or benefit from the unlimited access to the Fitness Centre
- Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainment while your kids are having fun at the Kids Club
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
Awaken and pamper your senses at a unique retreat conceived for the pleasure of adults-only and where personal service, genuine atmosphere and luxury awaits...
- Indulge from a choice of 5 restaurants - including Siete offering traditional Mexican specialities
- Immerse in your senses and seek inner peace with access to the hotel Spa
- Relax and unwind from a choice of 8 varying temperature swimming pools or select massaging jets from one of the Jacuzzis
Enjoy the holiday of a lifetime in Mexico's renowned Cancun coastline lapping up the awesome weather for 8 blissful...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
This striking and cutting edge hotel is located south of Cancun on a exquisite stretch of beach.