ONYX to open new Amari resort in the Maldives for 2016
The ONYX Hospitality Group has announced that it will be adding a new Maldives resort under its Amari brand. The new Amari Havodda will be located in the Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll and will have 120 beach and overwater villas. The resort will be designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja and it is scheduled to open in 2016.
The Thailand-based ONYX Hospitality Group will be adding a new resort to its collection of upscale properties.
The hotel group has announced that it will open a resort in the Maldives under its Amari brand in the first quarter of 2016.
Amari Havodda will be located in the Southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll, 400 kilometres from the capital of the Maldives, Male. Guests will be able to reach the luxury beachfront resort via a 55-minute flight and a speedboat transfer.
The upscale resort will be designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja, under a ‘natural simplicity’ theme and it will have 120 beach and overwater villas.
"Tourism in the Maldives is strong and we see huge potential for an upscale brand like Amari,” stated Peter Henley, the President and CEO of ONYX Hospitality Group.
"Our entry into the Maldives with Amari Havodda marks a key step in our international development plan. We look forward to the exciting times ahead as we work closely with our partners to create a contemporary and relaxing haven for future guests."
Holidaymakers will be able to enjoy stunning views of the reef and the turquoise Indian Ocean from the luxury resort’s accommodation that is made up of 48 Beach Villas, 12 Beach Pool Villas, 58 Overwater Villas, and two Overwater Pool Villas. The villas will have contemporary furnishings and décor and they will feature traditional Maldivian art and architecture.
ONYX Hospitality Group is owned by Crystal Plaza Resorts, and the hotel company operates 51 properties across the Asia Pacific.
Situated in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 stunning coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
During luxury holidays in Maldives, tourists can take part in a variety of activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat trips, hiking through tropical forests, and relaxing on unspoilt white sugar sand beaches that are fringed with swaying palm trees and azure ocean waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Spend a week in Mexican Caribbean paradise with a fabulous all inclusive deal at a price that's hard to resist.
- The perfect location only 25 minutes from the airport and minutes away from downtown Cancun
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Spa treatments or benefit from the unlimited access to the Fitness Centre
- Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainment while your kids are having fun at the Kids Club
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the holiday of a lifetime in Mexico's renowned Cancun coastline lapping up the awesome weather for 8 blissful...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...