Second terminal opens at Punta Cana Airport in the Dominican Republic
The second terminal at Punta Cana Airport in the Dominican Republic has now opened to travellers. The new Terminal B has is split over three levels, two for passengers and one for offices, as well as nine departure gates, 50 check-in counters, a VIP lounge, duty-free shops, a kid's playground and a champagne bar.
Punta Cana Airport has opened a new second terminal which will accommodate 6,500 travellers on a daily basis.
Split over three levels with two levels for passengers and one for offices, Terminal B will offer a wide range of facilities and services for holidaymakers heading to and from the Dominican Republic.
The new terminal has nine departure gates, 50 check-in desks, an air-conditioned concourse with seven jet bridges.
Passengers will have access to duty-free shops, a kid’s playground, a champagne bar, a food court with various dining options, a VIP lounge, recharging stations for phones and laptops, and wireless internet will be available.
Punta Cana Airport is the second-largest airport in the Caribbean and it handles 60 per cent of travellers visiting the Dominican Republic.
The airport is owned by the Punta Cana Group and while it is just 10 minutes from Puntacana Resort & Club, but has been designed so that its aircraft noise and traffic does not disturb tourists at the luxury resort.
Punta Cana is located on the east coast of the Caribbean island nation and the area is renowned for its world-class golf resorts and designer championship golf courses. The region’s azure ocean provides plenty of opportunities for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, swimming, windsurfing, sailing and deep-sea fishing adventures, while the Bavaro area is home to the famous award-winning Bavaro Beach, plus a collection of luxury all inclusive beachfront hotels, casinos, boutique shops, theatres, gourmet restaurants and stylish bars.
The Dominican Republic is a county that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola which it shares with Haiti. The nation has breathtaking natural landscapes including majestic mountains, vast lakes, winding rivers, crystal clear turquoise ocean waters, and miles of unspoilt white sand beaches.
The country is a popular destination for eco-tourism, and it boasts the world’s first Whale Sanctuary, as well as established protection zones that cover more than 20 per cent of its land and coastal areas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Punta Cana Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
For excitement that leaves you breathless, escape to this romantic adults-only resort offering you a world of fun activities and endless possibilities.
- Enjoy fantastic savings, $200 resort credit per room per stay to spend in the spa, upgraded wine list and on a romantic dinner
- Spoil your palate for choice with 11 gourmet dining options and unlimited premium drinks
- Enjoy your birthday in style with the Breathless Birthday Bash Package, Call for more details
- Enjoy a fun and carefree adults-only resort with non-stop action, parties, shows and activities
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Venture to the dreamy east coast of the Dominican Republic for eight days of unlimited sun and sand. Punta Cana, the...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana will be located on the east coast of the Dominican Republic, in the centre of the...