Cuba, Mexico and Vietnam on the rise as popular long-haul holiday destinations for Brits
British tour operator Kuoni has revealed that Cuba, Mexico and Vietnam have become popular destinations for British travellers booking long-haul holidays. The company's latest report also shows that while sales to these three destinations have significantly increased, the Maldives continues to be the favourite long-haul holiday spot.
A new report released by UK tour operator Kuoni has revealed the latest trends in long-haul destinations for British travellers.
The recent report shows that Cuba, Mexico and Vietnam have become more popular destinations for long-haul holidays for Brits thanks to the addition of new hotels and new routes.
Despite the significant increase in bookings to all three of these countries, the Maldives in the Indian Ocean remains at the top spot for British tourists, based on advance sales until January 2015.
While the Maldives was the favourite long-haul destination, this was followed by Thailand in second place, then Sri Lanka, the United Arab Emirates, United States America, Mauritius, Malaysia, Cuba, Antigua and Singapore.
Cuba is a Caribbean island nation located south of the Bahamas and east of Mexico. It boasts stunning natural landscapes including miles of white sand pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, 14 thriving national parks, six world biosphere reserves, 236 protected areas, virgin cays, an array of historic towns and vibrant cities, and ancient many ruins and sites.
Mexico is a large country that is a hotspot for beach breaks. Popular tourist destinations include Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, and the Riviera Maya, which all boast natural landscapes made up of verdant jungles, white sand beaches and turquoise ocean waters, as well as a variety of all-inclusive beachfront hotels.
Vietnam is a South East Asian country that is steeped in history, heritage and culture. The country is home to an array of breathtaking natural landscapes such as the cloudy-coloured Marble Mountains, terraced rice fields, vast sandy beaches, and emerald undulating hills.
One of the country’s most popular tourist attractions is the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Halong Bay, where visitors can marvel at the jagged limestone karsts and isles that emerge out of emerald waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Central America Browse all
Stay at this quaint, family-owned establishment with friendly service and top quality facilities to enhance your stay in Managua
- All rooms come equipped with cable TV, Wi-fi and safe deposit box
- Ideal for the active traveller with an outdoor pool and gym available
- The onsite traditional restaurant, Los Giraloses, serves traditional Nicaraguan dishes all day every day
This is Managua's newest hotel and as such it's also conveniently located a mere five minutes from the city centre
- Barcelo Managua is located in a wealthy and elegant suburban location
- The hotel also operates a free transfer service between Managua's international airport and the hotel
- The resort includes an onsite swimming pool, a gym, two restaurants, bar lounge and a business centre
Relax on the gorgeous golden beaches at Playa Bonita during your stay at Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama
Get an unforgettable Unlimited-Luxury experience where everything is included
- Enjoy a variety of water sports including a free introductory scuba-diving lessons in pool, snorkelling, and kayaks
- Benefit from Unlimited-Luxury program including unlimited dining and top-shelf beverages, 24-hour room service, daily activities and a lot more
- The world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia offers an atmosphere of pure indulgence and a big range of treatment packages to creates a refreshing and peaceful experience
Get to know the strategic point that unites the Americas, and enjoy an exciting tour that takes in the most iconic landmarks this fascinating country has to offer.
- Enjoy the highlights of Panama City including Colonial sector, a UNESCO world Heritage site.
- Experience the journey throughout the Canal of Panama full of history and geological value.
- Explore Monkey Island to appreciate its aquatic wildlife, tropical flowers, plants and trees.
Located on the magnificent beaches of Playa Bonita in Panama, Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama is a tropical paradise...
Panama is a tropical getaway ideal for tourists looking for stunning scenery with accessible exotic nature to be seen...
Spend 11 days in a Central American paradise, experiencing the true heartbeat of Nicaragua. Travel from the historic...
A charming family-owned establishment, this former mansion has been converted into a quaint hotel. In a good central...
The closest you can be to the city's airport, the Camino Real hotel is conveniently located just three minutes from...
Stay in a delightfully friendly hotel that feels like a guest house thanks to the attentive service of its hosts and the...