New Polynesian-themed family hotel to be added to Dubai Parks and Resorts project
Dubai Parks and Resorts LLC has announced that it will open a new Polynesian-themed family hotel which will be part of the Dubai Parks and Resorts project currently under development in Jebel Ali. The 503-room hotel will be part of Marriott International's Autograph Collection and will feature lagoon style pools as well as Polynesian themed activities and dining options.
Dubai Parks and Resorts LLC will be developing a new Polynesian-themed family hotel as part of the Dubai Parks and Resorts project in Jebel Ali.
The construction of the 503-rooom Lapita Hotel in the Middle East started in February this year and is expected to be completed in 2016.
The hotel’s name is taken from the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people who were regarded as nautical experts. The design of the luxury hotel is inspired by exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes and its surroundings will feature lush gardens and pathways peppered with the vibrant Polynesian flowers to create a tropical setting.
Facilities at Lapita will include lagoon-style swimming pools, gourmet restaurants, an in-house entertainment area, and relaxation zones that will provide tranquillity.
The Middle East property will be part of the Autograph Collection, a portfolio of independent hotels under Marriott International,
"Along with our operating partners, Marriott International, we have conceptualised a hotel that is certain to resonate with travellers and residents looking for a weekend or a weeklong getaway,” explained Raed Al Nuaimi, the CEO of Dubai Parks and Resorts.
"With its unique components for the entire family, we are confident Lapita's distinctive experience will set a new global benchmark in the hospitality domain. The property will particularly help us target visitors to Dubai Parks and Resorts and eventually contribute to the destination's tourist footfall."
Located in Jebel Ali between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, the Dubai Parks and Resorts development will feature Bollywood ParksTM Dubai, LEGOLAND® Dubai and motiongateTM Dubai. Riverpark will be located between the three theme parks, and will offer retail, dining and entertainment options. The project is expected to be completed in 2016.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...