Kurumba Maldives unveils new signature restaurant
Luxury private island resort Kurumba Maldives has opened a new beachfront restaurant named Thila, inspired by the Indian Ocean and serving Maldivian-influenced cuisine. The dining venue is one of eight on Kurumba, the Maldives' very first private island resort.
Renowned luxury resort Kurumba Maldives, which has played host to world leaders including Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan, has announced the opening of a new seafront signature restaurant on the private island. Taking the place of former eatery Ocean Grill, the dining venue reflects its Maldivian surroundings with a locally-inspired menu and an Indian Ocean-influenced interior.
Combining a fine dining experience with an airy and relaxed island setting, the new two-storey Thila restaurant features high ceilings under a traditional thatched Maldivian roof. Dining is available on the beach terrace, first-floor balcony, overwater open-air deck or set amid the waterside palm trees, all with stunning views of the Indian Ocean.
The restaurant also boasts private dining areas, a bar with sea views and an ornamental pond with a glass bridge. According to the resort, it’s “the perfect venue for a truly romantic dinner under the stars, a refreshing and luxurious breakfast, or for savouring fresh cocktails and fiery Maldivian sunsets by the sea.”
Thila means ‘reef’ in the local Dhivehi dialect and the restaurant’s interiors are designed to reflect its natural surroundings, with cool blue and light furnishings and materials such as lava stone, ceramic, travertine tiles and natural woods. The creative menu has quality seafood and prime meat cuts at its core complemented by fresh local produce. Premium breakfast is served seven days a week, from 8am until 11am, while dinner is served from 7pm until 9.30pm. Guests can enjoy à la carte hot main dishes, coffee, fresh juices and a free flow of champagne.
It is one of eight restaurants in the resort, which was the Maldives’ very first private island resort when it opened more than 40 years ago. Since then the resort has grown to include nine distinct styles of accommodation, as well a rich variety of recreation and entertainment activities suitable for honeymooners and families alike.
Just 10 minutes by speedboat from the Maldives’ main international airport in Male, the Kurumba resort has received numerous awards, including Maldives Leading Hotel at the World Travel Awards in 2010 and 2011, and the 2013 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award for Best Service and Luxury.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...