Kurumba Maldives unveils new signature restaurant
Luxury private island resort Kurumba Maldives has opened a new beachfront restaurant named Thila, inspired by the Indian Ocean and serving Maldivian-influenced cuisine. The dining venue is one of eight on Kurumba, the Maldives' very first private island resort.
Renowned luxury resort Kurumba Maldives, which has played host to world leaders including Bill Clinton and Kofi Annan, has announced the opening of a new seafront signature restaurant on the private island. Taking the place of former eatery Ocean Grill, the dining venue reflects its Maldivian surroundings with a locally-inspired menu and an Indian Ocean-influenced interior.
Combining a fine dining experience with an airy and relaxed island setting, the new two-storey Thila restaurant features high ceilings under a traditional thatched Maldivian roof. Dining is available on the beach terrace, first-floor balcony, overwater open-air deck or set amid the waterside palm trees, all with stunning views of the Indian Ocean.
The restaurant also boasts private dining areas, a bar with sea views and an ornamental pond with a glass bridge. According to the resort, it’s “the perfect venue for a truly romantic dinner under the stars, a refreshing and luxurious breakfast, or for savouring fresh cocktails and fiery Maldivian sunsets by the sea.”
Thila means ‘reef’ in the local Dhivehi dialect and the restaurant’s interiors are designed to reflect its natural surroundings, with cool blue and light furnishings and materials such as lava stone, ceramic, travertine tiles and natural woods. The creative menu has quality seafood and prime meat cuts at its core complemented by fresh local produce. Premium breakfast is served seven days a week, from 8am until 11am, while dinner is served from 7pm until 9.30pm. Guests can enjoy à la carte hot main dishes, coffee, fresh juices and a free flow of champagne.
It is one of eight restaurants in the resort, which was the Maldives’ very first private island resort when it opened more than 40 years ago. Since then the resort has grown to include nine distinct styles of accommodation, as well a rich variety of recreation and entertainment activities suitable for honeymooners and families alike.
Just 10 minutes by speedboat from the Maldives’ main international airport in Male, the Kurumba resort has received numerous awards, including Maldives Leading Hotel at the World Travel Awards in 2010 and 2011, and the 2013 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award for Best Service and Luxury.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...