Jordan breaks Guinness World Record with huge floating human peace sign
Jordan has broken the Guinness World Record of the largest floating human image in the world, after teams from an array of luxury hotels in the country came together to lock hands and form a human peace sign. The event took place on Thursday 30th October, 2014 and was witnessed by a Guinness World Record representative.
The country of Jordan has broken a Guinness World Record in an event organised by Monaco Business Development.
The marketing company, which is based in Jordan, organised 261 employees, staff and management members from an array of luxury hotels to create the largest floating human image in the world.
On Thursday 30th October, 2014 the teams wore wearing matching coloured shirts and locked hands in the Dead Sea to form the human peace sign. The event was witnessed by a Guinness World Record representative and the winning signal was announced at 11:16am local time.
The members of staff came form an array of luxury hotels in Jordan including the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort and Spa; Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea; Marriott Hotel Jordan Valley Resort and Spa; Movenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea; Kempenski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea; Winter Valley Warwick Resort and Spa; Dead Sea Spa Hotel; Hilton Dead Sea Resort and Spa; and the King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Centre.
The Dead Sea is the lowest spot on earth and over the centuries, it has attracted the likes of King Herod the Great and the Cleopatra, the Egyptian Queen. It is famously known as the Baptism site of Jesus Christ, and mineral-rich waters make it a hotspot for award-winning wellness and medical spas and cosmetic therapeutic muds and salts.
Jordan is a country rich in history, natural beauty, and it is home to a collection of ancient sites such as the ancient city of Petra which was built by Nabataeans over 2,000 years ago, and the Roman ruins of the Temple of Herakles. Tourists can enjoy scuba diving along the natural reefs in the Gulf of Aqaba’s, or explore the canyons, caves and water holes of the magnificent Wadi Rum.
Popular Dead Sea attractions include Madaba, the Maen hot springs, the Dead Sea Museum, and the Mujib Reserve of Wadi Mujib - the lowest nature reserve in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jordan Browse all
Discover the hidden magic of Arabia during this amazing tour of Jordan
- To make the most of the experience, a professional guide will walk you through the magical Al Khazneh
- Undertake a City Tour of Amman which allows you to see both the old and new parts of the city
- Visit one of the New 7 Wonders of the World – the “Rose Red City” of Petra
Indulge yourself with a relaxing stay in Jordan, where peace and tranquillity come as standard
- Enjoy dinner entertainment with the live cooking station
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit in the award winning Zara Spa
- Float away your stresses and woes with the healing properties of the Dead Sea
Discover the charm and wonder of Aqaba with this amazing special offer
- Enjoy the unique beauty and colors of the Red Sea through excursions to nearby scuba diving and snorkelling locations
- Unwind at the adult lap pool or stay fit in the gym.
- Enjoy kiddie pool or the resort's "DANA" Children activities centre to ensure a high spirited stay for all
A great array of facilities awaits you, such as the eight restaurants and the colourful coral reefs.
- Located on the Red Sea, the hotel houses the Zara Spa, specialising in a wide variety of treatments and therapies
- Take advantage of the large swimming pool and unwind right beside it at the Sejan Poolside Restaurant
- Visit Aqaba Castle and Aqaba Archaeological Museum for a historical perspective of Jordan, or take a trip to the Dream Mall
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
In a wonderfully quiet and serene location with a traditional village setting facing the stunning azure waters of the...
Aqaba is Jordan's only coastal city, and is the largest city on the Gulf of Aqaba. The warm water and rich marine life...
The centric and charming Le Meridien Amman is a superb hotel, wonderfully located in the middle of all the action, right...
With a blend of contemporary design, warm hospitality and boutique-style amenities, the 4* Winter Valley Warwick Resort...
This unforgettable 3 night tour is the perfect way to discover the essential sites of the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on...