Harbour Village Beach Club in Bonaire welcomes arrival of baby corals
The Harbour Village Beach Club is offering a special experience for scuba diving enthusiasts keen on learning how to care for "baby" reefs. Dive masters at the diving resort in Bonaire are learning how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have been flown in from an underwater nursery in South Florida.
Dive masters at the Harbour Village Beach Club’s Great Adventures Bonaire shop in the Caribbean are busy training to learn how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have recently arrived at the diving resort.
The scuba diving experts have been busy learning about five young staghorn and elkhorn corals which were flown to the Bonaire resort from one of the underwater nurseries in South Florida where the headquarters of the Coral Restoration Foundation are based.
Once the dive masters have learned about the “baby corals”, they will offer a guided scuba diving course for guests who wish to learn how to care for the delicate corals. A proportion of the proceeds from the $45 per-person fee will go to the international Coral Restoration Foundation, of which the Harbour Village Beach Club is a founding member.
Jean-Marc Petin, the General Manager of Harbour Village Beach Club, expressed his joy over the new project;
"We want to give everyone the opportunity to participate in helping these beautiful and important undersea habitats continue to thrive."
The young arrivals include two types of coral that feature antler-like structures that create habitats for many other marine species creatures, making them one of the most important reef-building corals in the Caribbean.
Located on a four-acre private peninsula on the island of Bonaire, Harbour Village Beach Club is one of the most popular scuba diving destinations in the Caribbean and it has been awarded multiple awards for its scuba diving conditions and healthy reefs.
The scuba diving resort has upscale accommodation made up of spacious rooms and suites featuring Caribbean-influenced décor and furnishings. Facilities at the island property include swimming pools, a full service-spa and beauty salon, tennis courts, a modern fitness centre, the oceanfront La Balandra Restaurant and Bar, a 64-berth marina, and a First Class 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Centre.
The resort offers a wide range of scuba diving courses for guests of all ages and abilities, including specialised programmes such as florescence night diving, where guests use special UV light torches to see the stunning florescent colours that are emitted by underwater animals and corals.
Bonaire is a Dutch Caribbean island surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and a collection of diving sites. The island’s entire coastline was declared as a marine sanctuary to preserve the marine species and while scuba diving in Bonaire, divers can swim in crystal clear ocean waters with sea turtles, eagle rays, sea horses, dolphins, manta rays, whale sharks and hundreds of species of colourful tropical fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...