Harbour Village Beach Club in Bonaire welcomes arrival of baby corals
The Harbour Village Beach Club is offering a special experience for scuba diving enthusiasts keen on learning how to care for "baby" reefs. Dive masters at the diving resort in Bonaire are learning how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have been flown in from an underwater nursery in South Florida.
Dive masters at the Harbour Village Beach Club’s Great Adventures Bonaire shop in the Caribbean are busy training to learn how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have recently arrived at the diving resort.
The scuba diving experts have been busy learning about five young staghorn and elkhorn corals which were flown to the Bonaire resort from one of the underwater nurseries in South Florida where the headquarters of the Coral Restoration Foundation are based.
Once the dive masters have learned about the “baby corals”, they will offer a guided scuba diving course for guests who wish to learn how to care for the delicate corals. A proportion of the proceeds from the $45 per-person fee will go to the international Coral Restoration Foundation, of which the Harbour Village Beach Club is a founding member.
Jean-Marc Petin, the General Manager of Harbour Village Beach Club, expressed his joy over the new project;
"We want to give everyone the opportunity to participate in helping these beautiful and important undersea habitats continue to thrive."
The young arrivals include two types of coral that feature antler-like structures that create habitats for many other marine species creatures, making them one of the most important reef-building corals in the Caribbean.
Located on a four-acre private peninsula on the island of Bonaire, Harbour Village Beach Club is one of the most popular scuba diving destinations in the Caribbean and it has been awarded multiple awards for its scuba diving conditions and healthy reefs.
The scuba diving resort has upscale accommodation made up of spacious rooms and suites featuring Caribbean-influenced décor and furnishings. Facilities at the island property include swimming pools, a full service-spa and beauty salon, tennis courts, a modern fitness centre, the oceanfront La Balandra Restaurant and Bar, a 64-berth marina, and a First Class 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Centre.
The resort offers a wide range of scuba diving courses for guests of all ages and abilities, including specialised programmes such as florescence night diving, where guests use special UV light torches to see the stunning florescent colours that are emitted by underwater animals and corals.
Bonaire is a Dutch Caribbean island surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and a collection of diving sites. The island’s entire coastline was declared as a marine sanctuary to preserve the marine species and while scuba diving in Bonaire, divers can swim in crystal clear ocean waters with sea turtles, eagle rays, sea horses, dolphins, manta rays, whale sharks and hundreds of species of colourful tropical fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...