Harbour Village Beach Club in Bonaire welcomes arrival of baby corals
The Harbour Village Beach Club is offering a special experience for scuba diving enthusiasts keen on learning how to care for "baby" reefs. Dive masters at the diving resort in Bonaire are learning how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have been flown in from an underwater nursery in South Florida.
Dive masters at the Harbour Village Beach Club’s Great Adventures Bonaire shop in the Caribbean are busy training to learn how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have recently arrived at the diving resort.
The scuba diving experts have been busy learning about five young staghorn and elkhorn corals which were flown to the Bonaire resort from one of the underwater nurseries in South Florida where the headquarters of the Coral Restoration Foundation are based.
Once the dive masters have learned about the “baby corals”, they will offer a guided scuba diving course for guests who wish to learn how to care for the delicate corals. A proportion of the proceeds from the $45 per-person fee will go to the international Coral Restoration Foundation, of which the Harbour Village Beach Club is a founding member.
Jean-Marc Petin, the General Manager of Harbour Village Beach Club, expressed his joy over the new project;
"We want to give everyone the opportunity to participate in helping these beautiful and important undersea habitats continue to thrive."
The young arrivals include two types of coral that feature antler-like structures that create habitats for many other marine species creatures, making them one of the most important reef-building corals in the Caribbean.
Located on a four-acre private peninsula on the island of Bonaire, Harbour Village Beach Club is one of the most popular scuba diving destinations in the Caribbean and it has been awarded multiple awards for its scuba diving conditions and healthy reefs.
The scuba diving resort has upscale accommodation made up of spacious rooms and suites featuring Caribbean-influenced décor and furnishings. Facilities at the island property include swimming pools, a full service-spa and beauty salon, tennis courts, a modern fitness centre, the oceanfront La Balandra Restaurant and Bar, a 64-berth marina, and a First Class 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Centre.
The resort offers a wide range of scuba diving courses for guests of all ages and abilities, including specialised programmes such as florescence night diving, where guests use special UV light torches to see the stunning florescent colours that are emitted by underwater animals and corals.
Bonaire is a Dutch Caribbean island surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and a collection of diving sites. The island’s entire coastline was declared as a marine sanctuary to preserve the marine species and while scuba diving in Bonaire, divers can swim in crystal clear ocean waters with sea turtles, eagle rays, sea horses, dolphins, manta rays, whale sharks and hundreds of species of colourful tropical fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...