Harbour Village Beach Club in Bonaire welcomes arrival of baby corals
The Harbour Village Beach Club is offering a special experience for scuba diving enthusiasts keen on learning how to care for "baby" reefs. Dive masters at the diving resort in Bonaire are learning how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have been flown in from an underwater nursery in South Florida.
Dive masters at the Harbour Village Beach Club’s Great Adventures Bonaire shop in the Caribbean are busy training to learn how to install, care for and monitor the growth of the "baby" corals, which have recently arrived at the diving resort.
The scuba diving experts have been busy learning about five young staghorn and elkhorn corals which were flown to the Bonaire resort from one of the underwater nurseries in South Florida where the headquarters of the Coral Restoration Foundation are based.
Once the dive masters have learned about the “baby corals”, they will offer a guided scuba diving course for guests who wish to learn how to care for the delicate corals. A proportion of the proceeds from the $45 per-person fee will go to the international Coral Restoration Foundation, of which the Harbour Village Beach Club is a founding member.
Jean-Marc Petin, the General Manager of Harbour Village Beach Club, expressed his joy over the new project;
"We want to give everyone the opportunity to participate in helping these beautiful and important undersea habitats continue to thrive."
The young arrivals include two types of coral that feature antler-like structures that create habitats for many other marine species creatures, making them one of the most important reef-building corals in the Caribbean.
Located on a four-acre private peninsula on the island of Bonaire, Harbour Village Beach Club is one of the most popular scuba diving destinations in the Caribbean and it has been awarded multiple awards for its scuba diving conditions and healthy reefs.
The scuba diving resort has upscale accommodation made up of spacious rooms and suites featuring Caribbean-influenced décor and furnishings. Facilities at the island property include swimming pools, a full service-spa and beauty salon, tennis courts, a modern fitness centre, the oceanfront La Balandra Restaurant and Bar, a 64-berth marina, and a First Class 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Centre.
The resort offers a wide range of scuba diving courses for guests of all ages and abilities, including specialised programmes such as florescence night diving, where guests use special UV light torches to see the stunning florescent colours that are emitted by underwater animals and corals.
Bonaire is a Dutch Caribbean island surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and a collection of diving sites. The island’s entire coastline was declared as a marine sanctuary to preserve the marine species and while scuba diving in Bonaire, divers can swim in crystal clear ocean waters with sea turtles, eagle rays, sea horses, dolphins, manta rays, whale sharks and hundreds of species of colourful tropical fish.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...