Luxury Punta Loros development moves ahead in Costa Rica
The development of a new luxury resort in Costa Rica moves ahead after it recently tendered its environmental impact study to the Technical and Environmental Secretariat. Punta Loros will be located in Tarcoles, a coastal area of the Garabito district in Puntarenas, and the new eco-friendly development will have three hotels, residential buildings and an 18-hole golf course.
A new Costa Rican luxury resort moves towards development after it tendered its environmental impact study to the Technical and Environmental Secretariat (SETENA).
Punta Loros will be located in the coastal area of Tarcoles, in the Garabito district of Puntarenas in Costa Rica and the oceanfront resort will have three hotels, 34 residential buildings and an 18-hole golf course.
Situated just 45 minutes by car from San Jose, the luxury beachfront resort will be nestled in 800 acres of land and the development will feature a one-mile Pacific beachfront with a world waterfront village, a world class spa, a beach club, a golf course and an array of luxury amenities.
Punta Loros will feature different architectural styles, including elegant Spanish Colonial design and approximately 5,000 residential units will be built at the luxury resort over a four-phase period.
The development will require a $400 million investment and the environmental impact study is part of the compliance process that will help the project go ahead.
Costa Rica - “rich coast” - is a country in Central America that is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
The nation has gained a reputation as green destination for eco-friendly holidays and fun adventures and tourists can enjoy an array of adrenalin-pumping activities such as trekking, surfing, scuba diving, climbing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking and horse riding.
The country is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it boasts more than 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, mountain ranges, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna, plus an abundance of animals such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats, and hundreds of colourful birds including toucans
Costa Rica has been ranked the happiest place in the world in the New Economics Foundation's Happy Planet Index several times now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...