Luxury Punta Loros development moves ahead in Costa Rica
The development of a new luxury resort in Costa Rica moves ahead after it recently tendered its environmental impact study to the Technical and Environmental Secretariat. Punta Loros will be located in Tarcoles, a coastal area of the Garabito district in Puntarenas, and the new eco-friendly development will have three hotels, residential buildings and an 18-hole golf course.
A new Costa Rican luxury resort moves towards development after it tendered its environmental impact study to the Technical and Environmental Secretariat (SETENA).
Punta Loros will be located in the coastal area of Tarcoles, in the Garabito district of Puntarenas in Costa Rica and the oceanfront resort will have three hotels, 34 residential buildings and an 18-hole golf course.
Situated just 45 minutes by car from San Jose, the luxury beachfront resort will be nestled in 800 acres of land and the development will feature a one-mile Pacific beachfront with a world waterfront village, a world class spa, a beach club, a golf course and an array of luxury amenities.
Punta Loros will feature different architectural styles, including elegant Spanish Colonial design and approximately 5,000 residential units will be built at the luxury resort over a four-phase period.
The development will require a $400 million investment and the environmental impact study is part of the compliance process that will help the project go ahead.
Costa Rica - “rich coast” - is a country in Central America that is home to some of the world's most breathtaking natural scenery made up of lush rainforests, soaring mountains, unspoilt beaches, and cascading waterfalls.
The nation has gained a reputation as green destination for eco-friendly holidays and fun adventures and tourists can enjoy an array of adrenalin-pumping activities such as trekking, surfing, scuba diving, climbing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking and horse riding.
The country is bordered by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and it boasts more than 1,000 miles of stunning coastline, dense dry forests, active volcanoes, mountain ranges, white and black sand beaches, and several nature reserves that are thriving with wildlife and vibrant flora and fauna, plus an abundance of animals such as monkeys, sloths, tapirs, wild cats, and hundreds of colourful birds including toucans
Costa Rica has been ranked the happiest place in the world in the New Economics Foundation's Happy Planet Index several times now.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Located on the stunning Papagayo Peninsula in Guanacaste
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay in a Preferred Club room, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Enjoy activities galore including water aerobics, walks, themed nights, movies, cooking, volleyball, pilates and more.
- Choose between 3 romantic wedding packages, all including wedding cake, sparkling wine toast, honeymoon package, and free anniversary nights.
- Enjoy all-inclusive at an array of a la carte restaurants, or enjoy 24 hour room service.
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
âââCosta Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife -...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your doors to new experiences as you venture to San Jose for a...
Overview Costa Ricans will all agree that the Caribbean side of the country has a culture of its own. Coconut in every...